Player
    Character
    Rachel Alucard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriahnool View Post
    Why is everyone complaining? I think these look great and just as they were expected to look.
    Again you dont understand, we were LEAD to believe that each job would get their own job specific barding for their birds, and thats NOT the case, you need to grind a chocobo to 10 which is worse then maxing a gathering+crafting class, and then your locked into only ONE barding and its not what your main job would be for the most part.

Example Iam a tank, I choose the DPS route for my bird so i can kill faster which now if i was insane like the others to get my bird to 10, then i would get barding that looks like a Dragoon which would look stupid, a paladin riding a chocobo with dragoon armor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dusty Boots
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    LMAO just looked at the WHM barding who was the genius who put a bag over the birds head covering its eyes? the tank barding looks like they forgot just how heavy metal is making it likely the tank bird would be stationary the second you put its armor on and lastly although the Damage dealing barding "looks good" the weapons strapped onto he legs would break the legs if the bird really kicked with them (kind of ignored the rules of leverage) if they didn't get the points stuck in something they kicked at first and became immobile.

yes its a fantasy game but why do designers who obviously put a ton of time into the designs make such retarded errors when it comes to armor?

inb4: but womens armor always leaves 80% bare skin for show (this is no better)
    (4)
    Last edited by CatofNineTails; 10-28-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galand View Post
    That dosnt help the fact that there are only 3 job bardings for the birds, and what 8 different jobs? Why would I want to be on a WHM mount when my main is a PLD?
    Game is not over yet. They can just release more job barding later or more skill tree options for jobs.
    Besides, people ALSO use their chocos for support as in not the job that they are too. But considering how early it is in the game, I would not just shut the door on this being the end all for chocobos. Hang in there.
    (2)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Akira Kiyomasa
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Again you dont understand, we were LEAD to believe that each job would get their own job specific barding for their birds, and thats NOT the case.
    lead to believe isn't the same as being told.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rachel Alucard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexb150 View Post
    lead to believe isn't the same as being told.
    Thanks SE white knight! didint know that! where would we be
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lolo Landerlu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    That dosnt help the fact that there are only 3 job bardings for the birds, and what 8 different jobs? Why would I want to be on a WHM mount when my main is a PLD?
    I guess you can blame it on thinking there would be more than what is shown.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Swishytail Exaflare
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I thought they weren't even releasing these? Didn't they remove them during one of the beta phases?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rachel Alucard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Swishytail View Post
    I thought they weren't even releasing these? Didn't they remove them during one of the beta phases?
    Never saw them say they were taking them out perma
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lion Doge
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    How much points can our chocobo get?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Devs said in a live letter that chocobo barding choice would not be restricted to the playstyle the chocobo is specced. this seems to be exactly opposite of that assertion, especially considering a hybrid config is better than any fully specced rank 10 companion.

Top 4 Best configs in order:
    1. 6T/2D/7H
    2. 10H
    3. 10D
    4. 10T

The bardings should be earnable exclusive of companion config, just like they originally planned.
    (7)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast