Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ceol Ashwin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    And maybe because the PS4 isn't even out yet? That's why no one can get it?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fael Drakemore
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    There are tons of aspects of the game where a PC gamer goes "WTF thats supposed to be stock in MMOs, why don't they have it??" -- Prime Example: FC Chests, Teleport Hacks (Client side memory mapping to save processing power. PC users then use a memory editor after finding it in their RAM), Ability locks during GCD to help slow down combat to allow pad users to have a chance, horrible netcode that has to be console capable. Memory limitations of the PS3.. well there you go. Expanding for the PC? Uhm no, they want the same gameplay experience across all platforms same as FFXI, only difference is the texture resolutions and add-ons. When they release DX11 it will be because the PS4 has DX11, not to cater to PC gamers.

People telling me to Learn to read, i am trying my hardest, i do apologise. Please look forward to it.
    (6)

Character
    Acaelus Thorne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Focus target? PS3 users can do this very simple trick. Focus down the one being hit. To find it, you have to use your eyes, once found you can begin focusing it. If two or more mobs are clearly on top of it, your focus target will always be the one with its health going down rapidly. Starting a forum thread about not having a button and how it's ruining this game is absolutely ridiculous. Buy the game for the PC if you want all the "options."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Let's ignore the platform limitations for a moment.

I would like to ask the devs this:

Why do you not allow higher-end PC players to scale up their UI functionality? They have the hardware capability (computation resource as well as the display resolution) to handle things like text-based list inventory (in previous posts it was clear that memory limits and screen resolution is why we are locked into such archaic icon displays), things like side-by-side tooltip displays to compare two items.

Why do you not allow this on higher end PCs? Even if some lower-end PCs can't handle it, there should be higher-end PCs that can easily handle these and still perform better than the lower-end PCs.

Why don't you allow it?
    1. You have hard data from client software that the percentage of players with good enough PCs are too few to warrant the development costs?
    2. You simply don't have the development resource to do that?
    3. You want everyone to have more or less the same experience regarding UIs?

Please, give us a final answer to that, instead of avoiding this question every time it is asked.
    (1)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul_drax View Post
    Oh like how people have been BEGGING for more words to be added to the auto translate? Those PS3 limitations effecting my PC says otherwise bruh.

There's a list of additions that "we would like to add but can't be added due to PS3 limitations" <--- Idk how many times I've seen a dev or yoshi say that lol
    Was one of the suggestions "please use the PS3's universal dictionary?"

(2)

Player
    Character
    Vanille Oerba
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelart View Post
    If you're that hard up that $700 isn't in your yearly budget if you're techy to DIY or $1000 if you need a computer shop to build you one, you might consider welfare. The subsidies from welfare, foodstamps, housing subsidies, can add up to the same as making around $60,000/year. That should help. Ever wonder why everyone in the ghetto has the newest samsung galaxy and spinner rims? there you go.
    This post is just full of foolish things (I won't even point them out because this is just sad). Although I will say:

Everyone is not as beneficial as others, and others are more (If not greatly more) beneficial then others.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Talion Dracht
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I believe the OPs question has been answered. I fail to see why people have taken to using this as a place to vent their hatred towards console players. If we were not here (ps3 players), the game could not survive, and the same can be said of you (PC players).

So, now that it has been established we need each other, let's all play nice shall we?
    (6)

Character
    Acaelus Thorne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShroudMercs View Post
    So, now that it has been established we need each other, let's all play nice shall we?
    That's not what the internet is for.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Yes I read it. And it does NOT say they are limiting anything. It simply says that support for the "Focus Target" feature is planned for the 2.1 release. It also says the UI for the PS4 will be nearly the same as the present PC release. That addons will be limited for the PS3 and PS4 to only the ones worth using.
    Wow, this thread is full of either denial or people who fail at reading comprehension, I'm not sure which. Bolded and bright red:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In addition to the alliance information, we are currently proceeding with discussions and implementation* for whether there is a method for the UI memory and process stress can fit within PS3 specifications when the focus target UI is displayed.

*The memory and processes allocated to the PS3 version UI are reaching their limit, so we are cutting other existing UI display processes and data to open up some memory and processes, and trying to pave way for the focus target feature. (This work is the so-called "optimization" process.)

During normal times there is almost no problem; however, when displaying the maximum amount of windows there is a possibility that memory is depleted due to UI drawing, and in the worst case part of the UI display may not be drawn (what disappears can vary based on the condition of the UI display being displayed), so we need some time in order to look into this during actual play and ways to handle this.

I'll be sure to let you know whether or not we can confirm this for patch 2.1 implementation.

Is the PS4 version's UI exactly the same as the PC version?
    I'd be lying if I said it’s "exactly" the same, but we plan on making it just about 98% the same.
    They're trying to keep the interface and overall game experience as close as possible between the two version. If you think PC corners aren't being cut so that the PS3 can keep up, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Aries Fellhammer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Why do you even need the "focus target"? Seriously! I play on the PS3, am a lvl 50 CNJ, and I have not a single issue not being able to use the "focus target". It is beyond simple to select the target of focus, BEYOND SIMPLE! This is just silly!
    (1)
    “What if life was like a vapor, rising up from the heated viscosity of our existence? One minute it is thick and robust, full of depth, but instantly it changed and separated to near nothingness. What would it be like at the apex of separation? That point when all the steam has left your existence….”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast