Player
    Character
    Sora Redfield
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Combat Role options and dynamic class custimization

After playing the game for some time now, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the classes/job's have the potential to accomplish combat roles they currently do not have the ability to select in duty finder. For example, Arcanist/summoner's using the topaz carbuncle or the titan-egi summon have the ability to tank entire dungeons with little-to-no trouble and yet the only the only role that is available to them is damage. Another example would be the healer class/job roles have the ability to produce substantial damage if built correctly. I think it would be very cool to see offense oriented White Mages and Scholars "tearing" through dungeons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sora Redfield
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    If these types of role changes were made optional upon registering in the duty finder, the game-play in the dungeons and raids would become much more dynamic and interesting for the player. This would also provide another layer of player-character uniqueness in the game as a whole. It would also make the duty finder player selection much more broad and at the same time, reducing the time it takes to form a party. I would tank if Dragoons were given the option to register as one. I would also like to see a bard with healing songs. (that would be pretty gnarly)
    Of course if these changes were incorporated into the game, new armor's would have to be created to accommodate these new roles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lexi Swiftstrike
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This would be retarded because people would abuse the system to get instantly access to dungeons.

As long as there is no such thing as "Skill Trees" and you can't customize any skills this system makes no sense at all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fifth Darkrum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This is fine for groups you prebuild before going into the dungeons, and it's agreed you'll be doing a hybrid/nontraditional role as that job. Since you bypass the role checks in the duty finder with a premade, this is fine the way it is.

Too much room for abuse, and too easy for arguments to break out if people queue as something other than their job's "acceptable" role.

I definitely think that they intended for people to have the capability for doing a hybrid build, but using the random group finder doesn't mesh well with that. Just build a team beforehand and have at it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sora Redfield
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I agree that building your own group with hybrid roles is also a way to go about it, but you're completely correct that it poses it's own set of problems.
    (0)

Character
    Em Six
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeconl View Post
    I would tank if Dragoons were given the option to register as one.
    No you wouldn't, you have no way of establishing and maintaining hate properly. It's comments like these that show you just haven't though this through at all.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Well... before level 30, ACN can heal (and tank) well enough for most of the dungeons, and BLM can also heal decently in early dungeons if they cross class Physick. CNJ/WHM is also decent DPS with Cleric Stance, but the other roles don't have a ton of flexibility really. IMO the way it currently works is perfectly fine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Geil Lega
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    DF is for mainstream, you-can-expect-all-four-players-to-fill-a-basic-role gameplay. If you want to get fancy or nontraditional the game lets you do that: get 3 friends. Queue.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sora Redfield
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    if they made the tank role available to dragoon they would obviously have to make new moves that get aggro. I have thought this through and i know if they opened up more role options for the various classes and jobs they would have to implement new moves and new traits.. I thought that went without saying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sora Redfield
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I'm not saying the current method doesn't work or that you can't build a party of your own making and then que in duty finder. I'm simply saying give more role options for the classes and jobs to pick in duty finder. Of course square-enix would have to change a couple of skills and traits in certain classes, but this is easy to do and cost effect. If they implemented these changes it could make the game much more interesting.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast