Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    Oh, Monks had chakrams? Awesome. They should implement those somehow. We could use a ranged move.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I disliked the 1.23 combat system. First off it was so much more laggy. All weaponskills had long cooldowns on them. Like warrior had a 3 part combo you could do once every 30 seconds, there was a period of doing nothing while you auto attacked to build tp. It made you not want to play the game. 2.0 though is much improved and faster paced a overall a lot more fun to play.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I disliked the 1.23 combat system. First off it was so much more laggy. All weaponskills had long cooldowns on them. Like warrior had a 3 part combo you could do once every 30 seconds, there was a period of doing nothing while you auto attacked to build tp. It made you not want to play the game. 2.0 though is much improved and faster paced a overall a lot more fun to play.
    That's just telling me that you don't have the patience for slow combat. I grew up on JRPGs where you normally take your time to think before you act. I loved it.

It's all personal preference.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Yep, basically tanks would have a BLM fully buff then drop a powerful nuke and be planted with solid enmity for..basically the rest of the fight assuming they know how to tank lol.
    quite an understatement considering many of the higher level boss fights had complete hate reset moves such as coincounter. you had a big hate lead and then the move comes and stoneskin would get the mobs hate. this is taking a very basic approach to something that was quite complex considering no matter how good the tank was if the dd's didn't limit themselves a mnk or blm could take the hate from a tank without limiting themselves and using their emnity lowering gear, potions, and abilities. the numbers never added up that a dd could go all out when well geared and zerg a mob because it would lead to a faceplant from pulling hate,
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuso View Post
    But I understand why they changed things. Standing still in one spot and having to talk through battles doesn't make for the most exciting of videos or really be welcoming to the casuals.
    I'm a casual and I really hate all the area attacks, the "mechanicks" (that get more annoying than fun after a few times), and how everything is on "go".

Having to run all around while casting skills like a cheesy action game... I thought the most important thing in a FF MMORPG would be what you use, when you use and on whom you use, not how much skills you can throw while following a script. (I was completely ignorant of ARR)

I enjoy the game a lot, but we don't need a WoW-like combat to make the game more like WoW.

Anyway, mine is the same case as OP's... couldn't run the game back then, so I only watched videos.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hikozaemon Kenkonken
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Well, in short let's put it this way:

1.23:
    Combo System - Many positioning requirements and other factors met (i.e dodge/missed an attack/evade/under x effect etc)
    ARR:
    Combo System - Very very few positioning requirements that hardly matters outside of Monk.

1.23:
    Battle System in General - The game was on an engine not suited for MMOs so it had some core problems, so if you wish to have experienced it, take what we got with ARR now and add depth and more involvement into it ontop of gear actually meaning something:

I'm also in the camp that 1.23's battle system was better and assumed ARR's would have been an extension of it, making it even better.

you obviously dont know how MNK works in ARR its nothing but constant position changes. u have be moving all around to maximize dmg
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mach Azareel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    I just want Simian Thrash back
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    I miss 1.23 combat. It was so much better.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    What I don't like current in ARR combat is melee characters are "Ice Skating" all over the place. Somehow the Attack animations + movement, just does not fit.

And also PS3 limitations
    (6)
    Heli's Black Market open for business. Sells black market items for your exotic needs.

closed for business till further notice

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    you obviously dont know how MNK works in ARR its nothing but constant position changes. u have be moving all around to maximize dmg
    To be fair, Monks are the only class that require constant movement/position changes other than Dragoon, but to a far lesser extent.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast