(15)

Player
    Character
    Kule Ito
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    That means nothing if they don't give out retention figures.

edit: I just meant that it would have been nice to see total accounts and % retention so we could see how healthy 2.0 was.
    (8)
    Last edited by Kule; 10-25-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: explanation

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kule View Post
    That means nothing if they don't give out retention figures.
    This is month #2 of the subscription service. Last month they had a million accounts, now they have 1.5 million. What is it you're looking for exactly?
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    This is month #2 of the subscription service. Last month they had a million accounts, now they have 1.5 million. What is it you're looking for exactly?
    Isn't it obvious? The trolls are looking for solid information that FFXIV is tanking. They love to cheer for its failure at any opportunity.
    (38)

Player
    Character
    Kule Ito
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesse View Post
    Isn't it obvious? The trolls are looking for solid information that FFXIV is tanking. They love to cheer for its failure at any opportunity.
    I'm not a troll and i've been here since 1.0 o_0 I just like useful statistics and not PR fluff.
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Hanabira Asashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'm not a troll and i've been here since 1.0 o_0 I just like useful statistics and not PR fluff.
    Exactly my thoughts as well.. im a 1.0 player as well, but to honestly believe that every single person that has registered is still playing is not just rose colored glasses, those are glasses made of roses. Not to mention they are likely counting players with both PC and PS3 keys twice since they had to be registered individually
    (11)

Character
    Emiko Gintoki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Dont worry, Quesse made it plain obvious that she nominated her self to be this topics troll. You dont have to let them get to you, they have no souls.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesse View Post
    It's more like how people wanted to disbelieve that FFXI was ever popular or had more than 250k subs ever - WoW always reports 15 mil+ even though they count inactive, dead and trial accounts in their numbers since when you play it, there's a lot of people but it in no way feels like 15-18 million people.

People want to see the actual numbers of active subs, no trolling involved.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Pharzyr Catro
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    It's more like how people wanted to disbelieve that FFXI was ever popular or had more than 250k subs ever - WoW always reports 15 mil+ even though they count inactive, dead and trial accounts in their numbers since when you play it, there's a lot of people but it in no way feels like 15-18 million people.

No they make it clear that those accounts are active. They're down to 10,000,000. The thing is most of those accounts come from china. They also count accounts in internet cafe. Why do I bring up china? It's why you don't "notice 10,000,000." They have their own servers. Then there's many servers people are spread out in. Thing is you only need 250,000 people to turn a profit. 500,000 is considered good. WoW has warped people's perception on what is good.
    (3)
    Last edited by Reslin; 10-25-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post

FFXI peaked at 500k subs. You're info is clearly incorrect on that basis alone.
    (0)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast