Player
    Character
    Lohengrin Atharok
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 30

SE please make a statement about the lag

please make a statement about the lag issues. be as brief and cryptic as you like if you want. but it would be nice to know if it is actually considered a problem, and if there are plans to fix it.

currently, your silence only leads me to believe that it is financially a better plan for you to let enough people quit (and therefore ease up the load on your servers and make the game playable for remaining players) than to actually fix the problem.
    (6)

Character
    Ramzi Beoulve
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    They already did... for Europe, and the statement was that they would work with the Euro ISP's to solve the problem on THEIR end. lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Begeta Bastich
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    They already did... for Europe, and the statement was that they would work with the Euro ISP's to solve the problem on THEIR end. lol.
    You do realize that if you're on one of the NA/EU servers, THEIR end is OUR end as well right?
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi Beoulve
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Begeta View Post
    You do realize that if you're on one of the NA/EU servers, THEIR end is OUR end as well right?
    I meant SE was passing blame to the IPS in Europe instead of taking ownership. I'm in Canada, so I doubt I hop through any Euro servers to get to Montreal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lohengrin Atharok
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 30
    oh well, so in other words SE is still in denial that their servers, software, etc is part of the problem. (who knows, maybe it is all of the problem). truly amazing. seen all kinds of bad mmo launches, as I am sure many of us have. this is the first time that responsibility for fixing the problems has been put on somebody other than the game company.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eara Weaver
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Have had 0 lag issues since I have started playing this game that were not from my ISP side.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Begeta Bastich
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I meant SE was passing blame to the IPS in Europe instead of taking ownership. I'm in Canada, so I doubt I hop through any Euro servers to get to Montreal.
    You have to consider the possibility that they are correct in saying the problem(s) are with the ISPs. I'm currently dealing with the same type of problem with an in car device my company uses in its fleet. For months now my testing has determined that the issue(s) are being caused by changes the ISP has made in the local market. The ISP just today admitted that their "upgrades" are the cause and are working with us to resolve it. Also, your proximity to the servers doesn't have as much bearing on the number of hops between you and the server as you might think.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lohengrin Atharok
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 30
    ok. let's imagine for a moment that the problem is with the ISPs, backbones, etc.

but let's also mention a few other things. correct me if I am wrong.

1. there was a ff11 mmo that came before

2. there was a ff14 (I guess that totally bombed) mmo that came before

so you, and many people in the community, are telling me that after having produced 2 mmo games that were released in north America and Europe, that SE is not aware of which ISPs might be better and which routes to take through some kind of internet backbone might be better. you are telling me that after producing 2 games that they are not aware of how to avoid such probems (if they do exist)

really? seriously? hahahhahaha. wow, incredible argument you have there.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Begeta Bastich
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent1 View Post
    rabble rabble grrr
    /sigh ok it's going to be hard to help you understand the issue without a very long winded explanation that would also require you to get off of the auto-blame SE bandwagon that so many are riding on. Instead I'll just say your thought process is leaving out the facts that both games were made prior to significant and ongoing changes to network infrastructures. Because of those changes, many companies and developers are having to work with ISP's in numerous markets to resolve issues related to network traffic, bandwidth, latency, etc. The only thing I'm asking you to do is not preclude the possibility that SE is not solely responsible for the ongoing issues.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lohengrin Atharok
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 30
    I can listen to what you are saying. but look at the first post in this thread. all I am asking for is some kind of response from SE. I have my own ideas yes, but I would really just like to have some kind of statement from SE.

if you count up posts in several of the largest threads there are 2000+ complaints about the lag problems right now.

I think this deserves some kind of attention, and a statement of some type from SE. if it was just a thread started by me with like 10 replies, I would think they should ignore it. but it is much more than that.

even something as simple as 'we understand that people are experiencing lag and we are looking into it' would be something. but as it is, all we get is silence.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast