Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinks View Post
    I worked my butt off to get my weaver Luminary in 1.0 and was pissed when I saw that the lvl 50 class quest GAVE you a tool with the same exact stats!!! It would be really nice to get a stat bump on them since they do take time. Worry about the table later...
    Haha, I felt the same way about my luminary rod and the halcyon rod. Fished my tail off for weeks in 1.0, then they just up and give you an identical rod, statswise in 2.0.

THEN they lowered the requirements to get the luminary rod. That one still irks me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaelie Niie
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

In patch 2.2 we will be changing the graphics of the tables and workbenches that appear when you begin to craft with Luminary tools to the graphics that are used with the main tools obtained from the Disciples of Hand class quests.
    So you think this is appropriate? You think that changing the tables to an existing "easy" quest reward is not any more of a slap in the face than the large "golden" version of the low level weapons? I would have expected some tables with more animation and the like, but at the very least I hope that we will see some recolored tables and not simply the table from the 50 quests.
    (0)
    I'd rather be in Zitah

Player
    Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Luminary tools should really be raised to iLvl60.
    (2)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Why should the achievement item be significantly better than items gained from other sources? E.g. The achievement crafting earrings are worse than the level 45 crafted ones, yet I don't see anyone complaining about those.

That aside, lets take the crafting tools gained from achievements. They were tied for being the best tools in the game. Not worse, equal. They were then upgraded to be the best stat-wise. Now they're being further upgraded to also be tied for the best looking tools in the game on top of that.

And this is called a slap in the face. People will complain about anything.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Ehh, not really complaining. Having a +10 reduction to durability loss doesn't really cut it however.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Natiya Kyska
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinks View Post
    I worked my butt off to get my weaver Luminary in 1.0 and was pissed when I saw that the lvl 50 class quest GAVE you a tool with the same exact stats!!! It would be really nice to get a stat bump on them since they do take time. Worry about the table later...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZReport View Post
    Luminary tools should really be raised to iLvl60.
    No. No, no, no, no, no. Just no. Luminary Tools are fine as-is. They're meant to be little more than pretty cosmetic achievements. They should never be superior to more attainable items for people who either refuse to bot, or don't have as much time on their hands as others.

If you disagree, I recommend you go back to FFXI. There's more than enough unreasonable time sinks there that you'll get spit on unless you perform.

There are plenty of ways to make crafting more relevant/difficult. Increasing the stats on luminaries is not the answer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyNobuser View Post
    Sad for you wasting money like that you do know that the durability -loss effects all gear equipped right?
    Yup, the gil I lost for not equipping the luminaries is so unnoticeable to me I never second guessed my decision to keep them in the Armoire (till now), much less that I should feel sad about it 0.0;

EDIT: Forgot to include the quote >.<
    (0)
    Last edited by Nuinn; 02-20-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    THEN they lowered the requirements to get the luminary rod. That one still irks me.
    While I sympethize with folks who picked up the Luminary Rod under the old requirements, those requirements were clearly out of balance with the other DoL Luminaries. It takes as long or longer to fish up a single fish (one point) than it does to completely clear a node (four or more points). Reducing the requirements for Luminary Rod to about a quarter of what they were was a sensible fix.

Anyway, back on-topic, I'm glad to see that the DoH Luminaries are going to be getting the cool workbenches again. While I haven't earned any yet, I'm getting there, and would hate to get one and then immediately put it away because I'm back to crafting at a dinky little table. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Danny Nobuseri
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuinn View Post
    Yup, the gil I lost for not equipping the luminaries is so unnoticeable to me I never second guessed my decision to keep them in the Armoire (till now), much less that I should feel sad about it 0.0;

EDIT: Forgot to include the quote >.<
    You do realize that in 2.2 that it will have its own upgraded table lol so this preemptive complaining is really not needed
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    While I sympethize with folks who picked up the Luminary Rod under the old requirements, those requirements were clearly out of balance with the other DoL Luminaries. It takes as long or longer to fish up a single fish (one point) than it does to completely clear a node (four or more points). Reducing the requirements for Luminary Rod to about a quarter of what they were was a sensible fix.

Anyway, back on-topic, I'm glad to see that the DoH Luminaries are going to be getting the cool workbenches again. While I haven't earned any yet, I'm getting there, and would hate to get one and then immediately put it away because I'm back to crafting at a dinky little table. :P
    I actually got mine in 1.0. At the time they were all balanced. I realise that the change now was to make them balanced again, so I guess what I'm really complaining about is how dumbed down gathering is now.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast