Player
    Character
    Caligamy Swift
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50

Gavel of the Luminary *sad face*

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, so I apologize if this is a repeat..

I finished Gavel of the Luminary the other day and the first thing I noticed right away is that its GIGANTIC. Was this intentional by design? It also seems weird that it equips to my back and not to my hip like every other GSM hammer out there, and when used in crafting or unsheathed.. it appears to shrink down in size by about 40%.

Those things didn't bother me too much but the one thing that really kinda irk'd me is when I went to craft with it for the first time, and discovered my interesting looking Lvl 50 GSM table had been downgraded to what appears to be the same table a level 1 GSM uses.

Are there any plans in the future to maybe spruce up these designs? Even if it was the the same as the Lv 50 table I'd be happy with it.

Needless to say I now put my Uruguay back on before I craft anything now to avoid the icky table.
    (11)
    ERAUQS SI DLROW EHT
    PSN ID: Caligamy Server: Behemoth

Player
    Character
    Aixa Ravenpaw
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 59
    Luminaries were from 1.0 before the new tables existed, thats why its like that. I havnt heard of plans for an update myself.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Solomon Grundy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Congratulations on getting it, I'm certainly not going to try for it on any of my DoH classes as, ultimately, there is no incentive to do so. I've discussed this before and suggested that when level caps increase you may need your luminary tool to create your next tier cap tool (crafting it yourself or exchanging it as part of a quest) which would be cool, and give the luminary equipment some purpose.

Right now, my personal fav. tool is the Vulcan, it's awesome.
    (2)

Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™

Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligamy View Post
    I finished Gavel of the Luminary the other day and the first thing I noticed right away is that its GIGANTIC. Was this intentional by design?
    design with intention, been like that since 1.0
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lowena Fae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Hmm, I wonder. Perhaps when the vanity slots are added you will be able to equip a luminary item in them but still have the level 50 tables etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    I have a few luminaries and I never use them >.> Same stats, ugly crafting tables.... Forever in the armoire.
    (1)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Character
    Arya Stark
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    It would certainly be nice if it had a unique look to it so you could really show it off. They only look good while worn and NOT being used, which feels bit pointless.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I'm not too bothered with the look but that the stats aren't vastly superior to what you get for completing the class quests is outrageous.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tonup Coheed
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I am working towards my luminaries. I love the over sized look, but the crafting table is a bit lackluster. For me it is more of an achievement thing. I have wanted them since 1.0. Grats on getting it, I hope to have my pick and gavel in the next month or two.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karon Mephisto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Luminaries are now easy to get, but like a couple people have said; It is the 1.0 Design, since the table was pretty much the same for all Tools. Having Different Tables for different Weapons is a thing from 2.0, which i really like but i do not expect to see them change for the Luminaries.

What i would like to see, would be the option to store the AF-Tools. I had to store all my Luminaries, since i would simply run out of Inventory with them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast