Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Player
    Character
    Snow Cone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I didnt have a problem with lag until about a week ago. There have been several updates and bam, lag. And it won't go away. Can't even craft without lag. Forget Titan hardmode. Tried it with our FC two nights ago, just couldn't happen, the lag was so bad. Every dungeon has lag now.

So, say what you want about providers, and IP addresses, the pings, etc. I have not changed my provider and the game worked. Three members of my household play this game. Logic says if we didn't have a problem until one week ago (after updates), and we never changed providers, the problem is with Square Enix. And as a lay person who just gets on the internet and expects it to work, I never realized I had to have a computer science degree to play FFXIV. This lag is getting old real fast.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    I didnt have a problem with lag until about a week ago. There have been several updates and bam, lag. And it won't go away. Can't even craft without lag. Forget Titan hardmode. Tried it with our FC two nights ago, just couldn't happen, the lag was so bad. Every dungeon has lag now.

So, say what you want about providers, and IP addresses, the pings, etc. I have not changed my provider and the game worked. Three members of my household play this game. Logic says if we didn't have a problem until one week ago (after updates), and we never changed providers, the problem is with Square Enix. And as a lay person who just gets on the internet and expects it to work, I never realized I had to have a computer science degree to play FFXIV. This lag is getting old real fast.
    If routing and web traffic were static and consistent, this would be very sound logic. Unfortunately this is not the case. It's a continually moving target, and the ISP's have to continually tweak, re-route, update, upgrade... just to try to stay ahead of the congestion curve. So, it still has to be tested and verified it at both ends.

Fortunately, you <should> have an advocate in your ISP to help with that. Ideally, all you should need to do is contact them with the details and they take over from there. The trick is getting them to really look at the problem--why it's important to get them at least the IP address your client is using so they can properly look into it.

Providing something like a trace can help speed up the process (especially if it shows evidence of problems, as it backs up your claim about having issues), but if they have your IP and the game's IP you are using, they can terminal in and generate the reports themselves. It just may be harder to convince them they need to investigate things beyond whether your modem has good connectivity if you can't provide them some compelling evidence they need to look deeper.
    (0)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20