Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Luna Shadowmoon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    question do all of you happen to have LOL installed as well? if so tehre is a program it installs on your comp called Pando media booster. UNinstall that. its a P2P softwere that turns on automaticly as soon as your comp is turned on and constally ploads causing lag.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryger Gordalsyn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylestea View Post
    question do all of you happen to have LOL installed as well? if so tehre is a program it installs on your comp called Pando media booster. UNinstall that. its a P2P softwere that turns on automaticly as soon as your comp is turned on and constally ploads causing lag.
    I tried uninstalling it but nothing changed. Still lagging like crazy, just like I do every evening around this time.

Thanks for the tip though. You have already been more helpful than SE. Because, you know, they are still not saying a word about this...
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryger7; 11-01-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mio Kuromi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ervin View Post
    @Raist: All other games work perfectly fine with zero lag for most of us that have XIV lag issues.
    I never had any lag problems. From time to time, I get connection hiccups, but never seen or experience what you are. Don't go around saying "Majority of us" because that's just complete and utter garbage. Have you actually talked to your ISP? Because if you haven't, then you didn't do "everything I could". Somehow, with so many responses of, "why should I check with my ISP", suggest that either there's something you guys don't want your ISP to know (illegal splitting of cable lines, for example) or there's other things that hasn't been conveyed here.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eldin Runswscissors
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raist View Post
    What is unhelpful about it? I recommended they run a simple tool to gather some details on their connectivity that might actually capture evidence of a problem, and forward it to people that are most likely the best people to address the issue... what is "so unhelpful" about that.

Perhaps if you had a better grasp of the problem being addressed with that reporting, you would realize the value in opening such support tickets.

If you are traveling to a convention in Chicago, and miss the morning session because a layover in Atlanta caused you to miss your connecting flght... who is at fault? THat answer can vary depending on if it was a delay in your originating flight (whether that was pilot error, maintenance error, scheduling errors by the airport or the airline) that caused you to arrive late--or whether the same conditions applied to your connecting flight, or perhaps it was bad weather that delayed your lnding and/or take off. Or maybe a flock of Canadian Geese were crossing the air space... or deer ran out into the runway. Regardless... something/someone delayed your air service. Does that mean you hold the Chicago Hilton or the sponsors of the convention at fault? No... you go to the airline or the airport for the investigation, remedy, and <hopefully> they change their policies to help avoid more problems in the future.
    its unhelpful because no matter how many times we run a test program or read ur stupid analogies the fact still remains we cant fix it.. pretty sure SE in all their infinite wisdom can figure out (or already know) what the problem is. posts like urs putting the blame/responsibility on the players is redundant and retarded. I paid for this game and pay for the service so an issue as big and problematic as this one should have been fixed or at least addressed along with SE taking responsibility. here's a little dumb analogy to help u understand.

man goes to doctor says my arm hurts.. doctor says to man go home take a steak knife and cut it open then come back and tell me if u find anything wrong.. oh and btw pay the receptionist on ur way out..

Quote Originally Posted by Discordia View Post
    I never had any lag problems. From time to time, I get connection hiccups, but never seen or experience what you are. Don't go around saying "Majority of us" because that's just complete and utter garbage. Have you actually talked to your ISP? Because if you haven't, then you didn't do "everything I could". Somehow, with so many responses of, "why should I check with my ISP", suggest that either there's something you guys don't want your ISP to know (illegal splitting of cable lines, for example) or there's other things that hasn't been conveyed here.
    um ur 1 out of 20 that have posted here with problems.. pretty sure 19/20 would be considered majority..
    (0)
    Last edited by RunsWscissors; 11-01-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Player

Or maybe we're the paying customer and we shouldn't be expected to be the liaison between our ISP and SE? Crazy thought.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryger Gordalsyn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    blablabla
    Out of curiosity, what went through your head when you decided to open a seemingly random thread in the technical support forum about an issue that apparently doesn't effect you at all, and then post a reply without reading up on the subject?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Akashi Mousai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Since this Monday I've been having stutter lag issues. It seems everyday up until 7~8pm CST I constantly have a 2~3 stutter lag between 30seconds of normal gameplay, and then everything continues as it should. I know it's not my PC, and I've already contact my ISP (Comcast) about the issue. I'm running out of ideas, and it's making the game not unplayable for me. Is anyone else having this same issue?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ganth Fyrion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    LOL isn't the only program that installs this (I refuse to play LOL or any moba). I think, maybe, Aion does, too. But don't quote me on it. I do know that one of the MMOs I have installs Pando and won't run without it.
    (0)
    I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by whilke View Post
    First, your analogy is horrible, but I'll play.

If I was paying that convention for a certain level of service which included my transportation to the venue and something failed in that...then yes, I would expect the convention to deal with it and resolve it. Pretty simple really.

You may be overthinking it.... you aren't paying SE to manage your internet connection. You are paying SE to manage their servers and to provide them with reliable access to the internet on THEIR end. Their responsibilty pretty much ends there. You pay your ISP to provide you with reliable access to the internet at your end. The guys in the middle--they have contracts with your ISP and SE's ISP to provide reliable routing services.

So, if we were to extend this out as you are trying to apply it, the convention and or the hotel would have an agreement to connect you to a quality service provider--they would not be the ones managing your travel experience. They would partner with either a travel agency to manage that, or perhaps directly to an airline like... say, Delta Airlines to provide you a ticket for a fair price. Regardless if it was a travel agent or the Hilton that arranged for the purchase of that ticket, the QoS then falls under Delta's policies and not the hotel or convention's sponsor (unless by chance that sponsor is Delta I guess). So at that point Delta (the air service provider) now takes over with the responsibility to provide you with quality air service. That encompasses their agreements with the pilots, flight crews, maintenance crews, airports, and air traffic controllers.

The same goes with the ISP's involved. Contracts are made at the endpoints for the local service. Those providers then have contracts with outside parties to provide the extended services. If there is a problem, you don't have any legal recourse with those outside parties. You only have agreements with the providers at the end, that being SE and your ISP. THEY have to take over from there to pursue their partners, who in turn may need to pursue their partners, who than again may need to pursue their partners. It all falls into a set chain that must be followed...until someone gets the ball rolling at one end or the other (preferrably both), one really shouldn't have such a high expectation as to expect it to be magically fixed just because they shout out to the users that it's broken without ever addressing it directly with the service providers.

Remember... this is a USER FORUM, and not a support portal for Square Enix or FFXIV: ARR.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RunsWscissors View Post
    its unhelpful because no matter how many times we run a test program or read ur stupid analogies the fact still remains we cant fix it.. pretty sure SE in all their infinite wisdom can figure out (or already know) what the problem is. posts like urs putting the blame/responsibility on the players is redundant and retarded. I paid for this game and pay for the service so an issue as big and problematic as this one should have been fixed or at least addressed along with SE taking responsibility. here's a little dumb analogy to help u understand.

man goes to doctor says my arm hurts.. doctor says to man go home take a steak knife and cut it open then come back and tell me if u find anything wrong.. oh and btw pay the receptionist on ur way out..

um ur 1 out of 20 that have posted here with problems.. pretty sure 19/20 would be considered majority..

good grief.. still not getting it. Perhaps I need to do more than just provide an embedded hyper link in my replies:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Support-Forum!
    Welcome to "Technical Support" Forum!

The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn players to discuss technical issues with each other and to find a quick resolution to issues they are experiencing. There may be instances where Square Enix will provide information and introduce knowledge base articles.

Please carefully read and adhere to the following rules and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn player Forum Guidelines (NA & EU) before posting.

Rules on Technical Support:
    This forum is for discussion on technical issues. Other themes such as game discussion should be done in the appropriate forums.
    Please submit bug reports by posting in the Bug Reports.
    Only new threads related to your own issues may be created.
    Since direct support will be required for the following types of issue, please contact us through the Square Enix Support Center (NA & EU).

Issues regarding faulty products which require direct support or product exchange. (Example: Registration code is invalid, damaged disc, etc.)
    Issues regarding the registration information of Square Enix Account that requires individual investigation and restoration. (Example: Compromised account)

Categories
    Technical Support
    This is a place for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn player to discuss technical issues with each other and find a quick resolution to issues they are experiencing. There may be instances where Square Enix will provide information and introduce knowledgebase articles.

Being Addressed/Currently Reviewing
    If the support team responds to or requests extra information for a reported issue, it will be moved to Being Addressed/Currently Reviewing. The report will be moved to Resolved Issues if it is not replied to over an extended period.

Resolved Issues
    If a reported issue has been resolved by the person who reported it, another player, or by the support team, it will be moved to Resolved Issues.

Separate Support Required
    If a reported issue cannot be resolved through the forums due to the nature of the issue (Example: account information needs to be reviewed), it will be moved to Separate Support Required. The appropriate contact information to receive support will be provided.
    (0)

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast