Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70

SE, can you please give Hab a happy ending?

SPOILER WARNING: Please do not read if you haven't done the quest "Zombies Are People Too" and don't want to read spoiler of the quest.

There is a zombie NPC in Southern Thanalan who also gives a side quest for lv 47. The quest is called "Zombies Are People Too." Although I was asked to search for his friends who disappeared, in order to reunite them, the quest ends with Hab becoming all lonely again. Instead of being mad or bitter about it, or cursing his friends for leaving him again, he chose to be happy just from knowing there are friends somewhere, even if he's not seeing them regularly. With his selfless attitude, I really wish he has better happiness than this. It is painfully sweet and sad that he's there all by himself without any friend or activity to keep him away from loneliness and sadness, yet still have good wishes towards the friends who abandoned him (to go home, so I can't blame them either!)

Seeing that he is a permanent NPC in that location, I'd like to request that there be more quests from Hab which will eventually lead him out of loneliness. It does not have to come in a form of friends or buddies, because he acknowledges that even though he's alone there, his friends are somewhere in this world, and I respect that.

As a miner who has to go there a lot, I saw him often and grew fond of Hab. So I'll really, truly, deeply appreciate it if you could give him some more happiness and dispel his loneliness. Please, pretty, please.
    (15)
    Last edited by Aleczan; 12-31-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: adding more text

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I agree, the poor guy deserves some happiness in his post-life. When he mentioned about how he missed his family who were all long dead, I really started feeling sorry for him - it was a refreshing change of pace portraying an undead as something other than a monster out to eat brains/suck blood/wipe out civilization - the fact he seems to possess all his human thoughts, emotions, dreams and faculties he had when he was alive really made him stand out.

So yeah, SE, please, give poor Hab the happy ending he deserves!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Larien Tiwele
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Admittingly, that is one thing SE does that I really enjoy. While yes, some zombies are in fact normal zombies, they also explore the fact that some of them will retain their humanity after revival. While not from XIV, but from Tactics Advance 2, one of my favorite variances of this concept - the character Frimelda Lotice whom was forcefully turned into a zombie and quite literally hadn't even realized she was dead at first, and so on.

I thus also agree that Hab needs his story fleshed out - and perhaps other zombies as well that we may meet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrus Skywalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LarienTiwele View Post
    I thus also agree that Hab needs his story fleshed out
    I see what you did there
    (2)
    If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh

Player
    Character
    Weyolia Fasfurl
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Omg yes! I just completed this quest and awww... was having a little pinch in the heart for Hab. Hope SE makes an extension to his story, I wanna see this poor guy part of a new family~
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Haha each time when I go there (Elektrum ore ftw) I click on him to see if things have changed. Always sad to see he is still lonely.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bunni Stormjaeger
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom1968 View Post
    Haha each time when I go there (Elektrum ore ftw) I click on him to see if things have changed. Always sad to see he is still lonely.
    Electrum is outside Camp Bronze Lake.
    Mythril is around Hab.

It isn't Hab's fault that his only friends run out on him, are into pots, and are just hard to find in general. To be fair, though, he does say that he'll eat your brains... last.
    (1)