Player
    Character
    Daezyn Aurath
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 54

PLD: VIT > STR?

I started reading a PLD guide here but got busy at work and it doesn't seem like things get stickied here. We are supposed to go all VIT with our attributes points, correct?

My friends advised I mix STR & VIT until 50 and I'm getting close!

Thanks in advance!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krystar Arenvalkyria
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    VIT at 50 without a doubt, at least if you plan on doing any endgame stuff. You can go full STR or VIT for leveling. I don't really see the point of mixing the stats unless you need to hit the 337 STR tier for the next 1% parry/block. STR isn't really all that great in terms of damage and enmity bonuses and depending on your current STR with gear can do nothing at all for mitigation. Another mental factor is people tend to see two tanks, one with more HP generally is the one chosen to MT - people generally aren't informed or really care what your parry/block % is, especially since it only works for autoattacks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I go all VIT never have aggro problem. Tab target tanking FTW !!!!! ;D
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    My tank friends have all decided to respec their char for the 30 points vit. They noticed no real difference in threat or damage and have larger health pool.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xanatos Akumatronus
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I went for full VIT on my Paladin, and the increase in HP is always a welcome addition
    (0)

Player
    Character
    D'momo Pascal
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Always full VIT.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Flig Neldajoa
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    If there weren't "tiers" for stats and instead each point increased your block/damage or whatever, then I would say make a decision based on what you want to have more of. However with the way they designed the game in order to not have us be able to go back to older content and one shot everything like in other games, I would say go all vitality because even if you were all str, you might not even hit the next tier, let alone only get like 1 or 2 % increase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mrv Light
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesiser View Post
    let alone only get like 1 or 2 % increase.
    it's actually less than a 1% increase, even for warriors.

for dex:
    it's like going from 23%-24% parry (not even close to a 1% increase in parry chance.. a 1% increase would take you from 23% to 24.23%) and your parry isn't going to prevent 100% of the damage from a hit either..

you're looking at giving up 450hp (pre-defiance) to gain less than a 1% chance to trigger 25% mitigation.. somewhere in the ballpark of 0.2% more eHP (less in reality but i'm not bothering with doing the math here, although you can double this number for paladins - because shields)

for str:
    you've got your 23% chance to parry/block, and you raise your parry/blocked amount from 24-25% (not a 1% gain.. 1% would be 25.24%)..blah blah math 0.23*(25-24)*2 and this is what you've increased your eHP by.. fractions of a percent

every job has the illusion of choice when it comes to stat allotment, but there's only ever one correct way to spend your points - not sure why they included it in the game.. it's just a left-over from version 1 I guess

tldr- "Always full VIT"
    (1)
    Last edited by Vmage; 10-22-2013 at 11:52 PM.