Player
    Character
    Belvedere Lamare
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

WAR without Defiance, Stupid or Doable?

Would it be suicidal in level 50 content to not use defiance as a WAR? You do much more damage, which also increases your self healing. Also helps out the dps. What have other WAR's experienced when trying this out?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melted Wellington
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    with good gear you could prolly run alot of WP and AK without defiance up defo, not too sure what else but with good enough gear im sure you could run alot of the "easier" lvl 50 stuff no problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    I think it depends on how much iLv90 Warrior gear you have.
    If you do not yet or you have Allaghan gear, you may try out Marauder to see if cross classing Raging Strikes, Blood for Blood, Straight Shot, and other abilities may make up for slightly decreased STR, VIT, and losing all Defiance based abilities plus Wrath.
    Keen Flurry, Virus, Swiftcast, Stoneskin might assist mildly with defense.

Also, if doing damage, may want to consider DPS accessories. But I think once you have Relic weapon, it's hard to make MRD work (and probably won't until Allagan geared).

If you do have Relic and want to sample outside of Defiance, try throwing on Defiance, Infuriate, Unchained, then if you have enough Wrath, Inner Beast and quit Defiance until Infuriate returns.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 10-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    When I run WAR in WP and AK I take Defiance off and switch to DPS accessories for bosses. Definitely doable and you'll put out far more DPS than a PLD in Sword Oath and the same gear. You'll be pretty low health unfortunately (I have 4800 in full darklight/bravura/STR accessories) but it shouldn't be anything a half attentive healer can't manage particularly when Psycheflayer and Demon Wall do almost no damage in AK, and the Flan in WP literally does do no damage. For the Tonberry I toggle Defiance back on and pop Thrill of Battle before a 4-5 stack Grudge.

Threat hasn't been an issue even over a BRD in mostly i90 gear.

Wouldn't recommend for main tanking primals or coil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Depends on if there is anything that hits you hard and if you have hate management problems.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grogin Wolfson
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I will sometimes take defiance off for trash mobs in 4 man dungeons and in 8 man dungeons if I am the off tank. However for almost every boss I have it up, (except beginning of demon wall).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogin View Post
    I will sometimes take defiance off for trash mobs in 4 man dungeons and in 8 man dungeons if I am the off tank. However for almost every boss I have it up, (except beginning of demon wall).
    Beginning of Demon wall used to be the only time I had Defiance up in that fight. when the Bee's spawned they would come for me instead of healer. Now I don't run it at all because 75% of the time the bee's don't even spawn. The rest of the time we ignore them and the wall dies, they despawn.
    (0)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237443/]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni View Post
    I wish more tanks were like you also.
    http://xivreborn.com/gen/Misenklauph_Drakkfhur_Ultros_Classes.jpg

Player
    Character
    Grogin Wolfson
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I usually keep it up the whole fight since I don't want the healer to have to heal the difference in HP and the difference in my damage compared to what the DPS are doing is not relevant. However, that was just the only boss situation where I could think of going without it at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Selemar Lymosari
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Main warrior I heal only uses defiance on packs of 6+ in AK, (believe he has straight darklight/relic +1)

I spam holy with cleric stance on, then when tank gets to around 2k, just toggle it off, divine seal/cure 2.. and the warrior hps never seem to be a problem to heal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Portus Cale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I was running AK with iL70 and 60 gear and I always forgot to put up Defiance. The reason I forgot to put it up is because I didn't notice a difference. I only did it for bosses, because I then began to look at my HP.
    (0)
    He doesn't mind us conducting trials so close to his bazaar, so long as he's properly compensated... Yes, Portus, we pay him in sorcery-blasted bird flesh. - Cocobygo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast