Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Sable Swan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    A job not only shares its primary weapon with its class, but also most of its skills. When we consider what additional jobs may spring from a class, we need to look at that class' skillset and ask if those skills make sense for the job in question. So, I really doubt Samurai is going to be a Gladiator offshoot. Samurais don't use shields, and without a shield, how would they use skills like Shield Lob, Shield Bash, Shield Swipe, or Bulwark? On that note, unless they make Red Mage a tank job, I don't think it'd be a Gladiator offshoot either.
    (0)

Character
    Em Six
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I'd rather they didn't waste Samurai on a class that uses sword and board, honestly.
    Give me Katanas if you're going to do it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by XLauncher View Post
    A job not only shares its primary weapon with its class, but also most of its skills. When we consider what additional jobs may spring from a class, we need to look at that class' skillset and ask if those skills make sense for the job in question. So, I really doubt Samurai is going to be a Gladiator offshoot. Samurais don't use shields, and without a shield, how would they use skills like Shield Lob, Shield Bash, Shield Swipe, or Bulwark? On that note, unless they make Red Mage a tank job, I don't think it'd be a Gladiator offshoot either.
    When an ACN becomes a SCH their summon skills are altered to work differently. It's clear that the devs have the ability for jobs to change previously learned class skills so this shouldn't be an issue. The GLD skills that wouldn't make sense for SAM could be replaced when they switch to the job.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lalah Elakha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Well, you have to consider how reasonable things are. You are asking for gladiator to move from it's class sword style to large katanas, replace 4 shield skills, and probably also ditch the mana abilities like flash as well as their trait enhanced flash and enhanced shield bash. We are starting to be just short of an entirely new class, since we almost only save the regular damage sword skills and damage reduction.

Seems to me like it is more likely it becomes a mage focused knight instead. With like mana shield and other tricks. Most likely Mystic Knight if new job, or Red mage if old. Focus on PIE would also be very logical to counter the focus of VIT, just how SCH is MND and SMN is INT.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2