Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Layla Bell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Our BRDs never parse higher than our BLM or DRG in Coil. At best, they're on par with the DRG when the stars align.

Oh well. So long as Foe Requiem exists, BRDs will always be desired.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meowy Wowie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnatian View Post
    BRDs aren't a DPS class. They shouldn't be anywhere near anyone else in terms of DPS. Their main use is their songs. The fact that they can put out reasonable DPS with 100% uptime with absolute mechanic avoidance is INSANE.
    BRD is a DPS class. I have no idea where you're getting this from. It queues as a DPS and all the gear they get enhances their DPS. There are no stats that enhance song range, accuracy or potency on any of their AF/relic/allagan gear, not even piety. They're DPS, and they're not even that great...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    don't worry guys, I'm sure they'll compensate the nerf.

*Hawk's eye now also increases 15% int and mind and 20% magical accuracy, previously only 15% dex and physical accuracy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faeldi Chantelune
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    rofl @ bards who didn't expect this.

This was probably the most expected on class change to come.
    No more easy win with 2 bards.
    No more people rolling bard for easy dps.

True bard have nothing to fear because we know we still have a reserved spot for our songs and that's all we need. There is nothing wrong if our dps will become the lowest or that movement will penalize us.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Phai Mui
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    (Copy/paste'd couse this thread is where i should have posted)

Actually i agree on the statment about bard and support job, i for my part wanted to play bard as just that. Hoping for regen, haste and other good songs to make grp better.
    But i keep asking myself, while reading all hate and troll post against bard, that says nerf bard close to zero dps, where do u put bard in 4 man content? Couse there are 4 man dungeon's out there still right?

And SE havent u learned anything? Dont toss fule on fire to a community like this! Making a statment like that whitout more details on how to balance the class, just makes a whole new world of troll and haters, ingame and on forums! U should know better :/
    That beeing said, i welcome balance, every class should be as much wanted as the other!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mehrea Heartless
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I find it very funny that some people claim that BRD and BLM are on par on their coil parser.
    Well they just forget one simple thing:
    The bard is using songs. -20% self dps. +20% dps to casters.

And still BLM and BRD are on par on your parser ?
    What would happen if bard used no song at all ?
    Well then there is indeed something wrong with BRD.

They are the only class having such useful utility skills and thus are mandatory. And in addition, they have an excellent dps considering they are not affected by mechanics, and are easy to play. As people said already, that is too much. They must trade off something.

Personnaly I'd rather seeing the bard on par with other DPS classes, but with the other classes having some useful support which would make them able to compensate the lack of a bard (on-demand silence and mp regen).

But this will never happen because it would require TOO MUCH modifications of other classes and then... only a bard nerf could compensate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Due to the vague language from the Live Letter, I can personally only hope that the developers are prescient enough -- and have enough of a grasp of their game's mechanics -- to realize that, with current gear levels, they actually did a pretty good job of balancing absolute DPS ceilings. Melee need a boost to better be able to handle current fight design trends, as Yoshida readily admitted, but that's all that's needed.

If you take the same player with the same gear across DRG, MNK, BLM, BRD, and SMN, then fight a stationary target that doesn't shoot lasers at you for 5-10 minutes, you'll see what I mean. (Use video recording software to manually parse/tabulate instead of using a parser).
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aries Highwind
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Any good bard knows that their spot in the raid is still guaranteed so they really won't care about a dps nerf.

All this does is give some extra incentive to not bring 2 bards.

Bards are and still will be the only no-brainer autoinclude dps in any raid. People who are arguing and comparing which dps jobs do more damage have really missed the reason behind this change.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aries37; 10-20-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lilith Ravenswing
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    BRD dont really need a direct damage nerf, a REALLY good brd will do good dps but will pretty much always be bottom of the list to an equally skilled/geared dps. in a straight fight. The problem is that there are virtually none of these. All endgame fights have mechanics that require movement, some that require a complete stop of dps/healing. In lieu of purging this mechanic from the game, BRD needs to be at least somewhat hindered in this respect,, there is no good reason why BRD can do 100% dps while running away from a mob. BRD doesn't even have to be LOOKING at the mob to keep dps up which is a problem.

As pure goes DPS, MNK and SMN are easily the best dps in the game right now, but a fairly large margin. However MNK and SMN also have the highest amount of skill needed to play the classes, so that's to be expected.
    (0)
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."- Albert Einstein

Player
    Character
    Corwynt Farrell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    BRDs aren't a DPS class........

No. They totally are, you are just trying to make the game into what you want it to be.
    (2)

Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast