Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

[Suggestion] Level Sync

Would be handy to have this feature so that higher rank players could group up with lower ranking linkshell members.

One of the best things which was added to FF11 was level sync, is there any chance of seeing it added to FF14 ?

Edit:- Another thread relating to the same question.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ght=level+sync
    (14)
    Last edited by Jinko; 04-01-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I agree! Even tho I didnt play FFXI long enough to use it, lets do it.

"Copy/paste beam~"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alex Kidd
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I have been wanting this in FFXIV since day one. I honestly thought that they put level sync in FFXI as a way t test the system to see if it worked and then implement it in FFXIV, really can't believe they didn't it would solve so many problems. Imagine Behests being able to sync so everyone was the same rank to get better bonuses.

Having said that they would have to alter the class system I believe to do it. In FFXI when you synced you couldn't use your skills that you had gotten from ranks above the sync level. In FFXIV that restriction is not in place and I can use R50 abilities on a R1 class if I wanted to.

Either way I want level sync so you can have a "like" TC ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Angry Nixon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Seemed to work well enough in FFXI. Don't know how it would translate given what Alexia mentioned re: use of abilities at any level. Worth investigation in any event if server pops. don't shape up to allow people to party together more often regardless of their respective ranks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    the reason it was added into FFXI was because the game was losing low level players near the end of its life, and it was hard to find parties if you were. Levelsync was added to counteract this.

It won't be in XIV for a while
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    It still needs to be added to stop that happening now.

If you hadn't noticed people are losing interest more and more each day, allowing low rank and high rank players to play together could stop that.

Lets not forget that when the PS3 game launches many current players with friends on PS3 will want to party together also.
    (1)

Player

I definitely would appreciate this, one of my favorite features from XI, and if they release this feature around the ps3 release, it would probably keep quite a few players in circulation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I hate level Sync it made you stay at one camp for every and made you a noob with skills. But in FFXIV i don't see how it would not work we really don't have to level up or skills lol not if the new system does this if so then no thanks.
    (1)

Player

Can you please explain what Level Sync is? For those of us who did not play FFXI or just despised it don't have any idea what it is, so please help us out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Side Beheln
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by RobotRivers View Post
    Can you please explain what Level Sync is? For those of us who did not play FFXI or just despised it don't have any idea what it is, so please help us out.
    It would lower your rank to meet the level of someone who was a lower rank than you. That way you could still party and quest and what not, with friends and others who were too low for your rank.

I could have swore they said the sp/xp system was built so you didn't need a level sync system.. but it would appear that was not true.. lol
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast