Player
    Character
    Sir Drok
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 34

Easiest Way to Mark Multiple Targets?

Hello everyone, I'm still quite new to this game and I needed some advice on marking targets. Currently I am a level 26 Marauder and I play on the PS3, I use the controller for every thing but I also have a keyboard which I have yet to implement. My problem here is that I feel like switching between my hotkey bars is slow and mixes me up and times, this doesn't help especially when the target cycling feels clunky to me. So what do you recommend , should I suck it up and get used to it, change some things up or use my keyboard somehow (Macroing and key binding is still new to me, any tips on that would be awesome).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deneb Algiedi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I would say the easiest way is to use a macro to quickly target 3 enemies at once. This will handle most enemy groups you come across. First make it so you are targeting enemies only and use the following macro:

/mk attack1 <t>
    /nt
    /mk attack2 <t>
    /nt
    /mk attack3 <t>
    /target attack1

This should set it up so you quickly tag 3 enemies. Once the mob is reduced, it shouldn't be a problem for dps to handle the 1 or 2 mobs left. All that remains is that you find the priority target and initiate the macro to mark it as 1. The rest should take care of itself.

If you are in a fc or playing with a friend who uses a pc, you can also ask them to mark enemies for you. Most should understand the problems inherent with the ps3, but the above macro is a good standby for those parties where you have to mark yourself.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Fhela
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    wait... so you can target enemies by their symbol using macros? i was wondering if you could do that, i'd be a big help as a DD.

So i could use this makro to target the next enemy in the line?

/target attack5 (or wherever it starts)
    /target attack4
    /target attack3
    /target attack2
    /target attack1

or does it deselect the previous target if the new target is invalid. i mean, if there is no "attack1" target left, does this macro select attack2 or nothing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Drok
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 34
    Wow, thank you so much Anova , I'll have to try this out next time I'm on. Also I'm hoping to find some cool people to play with in the future, the few friends I have that play are all on different servers so I've been running around by myself while trying to learn as much as I can to be a good team player.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Fhela
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anova View Post
    /target attack1
    this doesn't seem to work, i get the error message that this action is not allowed on the current target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Naryoril View Post
    this doesn't seem to work, i get the error message that this action is not allowed on the current target.
    Try /ta <attack1>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcana Morghana
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    If you didn't discovered it yet, please know that you can cycle between targets holding L2/R2 and pressing L1/R1. Doing so the targets get focused and selected.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sir Drok
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    If you didn't discovered it yet, please know that you can cycle between targets holding L2/R2 and pressing L1/R1. Doing so the targets get focused and selected.
    Yes sir, I use that quite often, but now that I'll be able to mark them in groups it will make things easier hopefully.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Warchild Zek
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Thanks alot Anova, you just freed up a lot of space on my hotbars. I was using 3 mouse over macros.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baal Mirtaq
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Somehow this does not work for me. It marks the first mob with 1 and cycles through the other mobs but skips to mark 2 and 3 somehow, like it would cycle through them too quickly.
    In rare cases it would apply mark 2 if i would mash the button like crazy. Anyone know whats up with that?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast