Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dynamis Lord
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Further proof that the market wards are a festival of failure.

I just spent the better part of two days mining up mats to sell and make myself a little gil. Since SE's refusal to implement an auction house I'm force to use their market ward system. No my bazzar is not an option. Hoping someone that needs the item I'm selling just happens to check my bazzar? Are you kidding?

Unfortunately, there is not one inch of free realistate in the masons ward to summon my retainer. My only option now is to pay a huge tax on my sales by summoning my retainer in another ward.

If there is no room to summon a retainer now in the correct ward, what is it going to be like when/if they release a PS3 version of the game?

By representing every sale point in the game with a character, SE has doomed this system to failure. If you don't believe that, go visit your Battlecraft ward.

I know there are some people that will defend the market wards till the end of time but the majority of the players in this game wish it would just go away. I'm one of them.
    (96)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    In before "But they can just add more [Category] Ward, like Ward 1, Ward 2, and Ward 3!"
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Muga Orunitia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    In before "But they can just add more [Category] Ward, like Ward 1, Ward 2, and Ward 3!"
    Don't give SE any ideas!
    (41)

Player
    Yea wards are horrible.
    (44)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    You know.. I actually like the idea of the Market Wards...
    Add the ability to search for HQ stuff and a mail a delivery system (Both of which I see coming) and its just sweet

BUT

I have to agree with the OP... I've always thought of that... with each person getting 2 (If not more) retainers, is there enough market space? Remember before ward search when having a booth was the thing to do? To be honest, there are a few situations where I'm like "If it's this way now, what would happen if the population was profitably large?"

What would happen if right now, there were 500,000 active players, and you went to do Dunesfolk right after a reset...
    How many mongrels would you see with purple names? Would you be able to set up a retainer in the market wards? Get into a behest? grind raptors?

I guess you could spread out to the other cities... but with 500,000+ people playing, even 3 separate market wards would fill up faster than Bree Olson's va... errr... you get the idea
    (4)
    Last edited by Rydin; 06-13-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ico Sovereign
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Yeah, if they added mail delivery, a true text search with proper search filters, removed the stupid idea of different tax rates depending on where you place your retainer...

Basically, if they just make it into an auction house system, which they should have done from day 1, then I will admit that it's a fine system. Reinventing the wheel here people...
    (5)
    Ico Dailemont @ Hyperion (formerly Durandal (formerly Rabanastre))

Player
    Character
    Neptune Deepsea
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamis View Post
    I just spent the better part of two days mining up mats to sell and make myself a little gil. Since SE's refusal to implement an auction house I'm force to use their market ward system. No my bazzar is not an option. Hoping someone that needs the item I'm selling just happens to check my bazzar? Are you kidding?

Unfortunately, there is not one inch of free realistate in the masons ward to summon my retainer. My only option now is to pay a huge tax on my sales by summoning my retainer in another ward.

If there is no room to summon a retainer now in the correct ward, what is it going to be like when/if they release a PS3 version of the game?

By representing every sale point in the game with a character, SE has doomed this system to failure. If you don't believe that, go visit your Battlecraft ward.

I know there are some people that will defend the market wards till the end of time but the majority of the players in this game wish it would just go away. I'm one of them.
    It's not that they couldn't still have market wards. And it's not that an auction house wouldn't be terrible. They just need to make something work, and right now it ain't working. I kind of favor the market ward system but a wow cloned auction house in their own UI would probably be best.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Muga Orunitia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    The biggest issue, in my opinion, is having visible retainers. If they just remove that aspect and give us a "buy now" button on the search menu instead, it would have been a lot better. And would probably cause a lot less strain on their servers.
    (9)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Don't give SE any ideas!
    I've been pretty vocal about my gripes with Market Wards and what needs to be fixed. I'm just waiting for people to post stupid stuff so I can correct them.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    The biggest issue, in my opinion, is having visible retainers. If they just remove that aspect and give us a "buy now" button on the search menu instead, it would have been a lot better. And would probably cause a lot less strain on their servers.
    And this is exactly what I've been posting about. If they no longer render the retainers, there will no longer be a need for separate zones, complex menus, single item searches, etc. It will solve like 90% of the problems with Market Wards.
    (7)

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast