Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Eorzea―Gridania(Wutai) Vana'diel―Bastok(Lakshmi)
    Character
    Kohana Iroha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 74

[dev1002] Mog Houses & Shops (with more!)

So there has been an outcry for Mog Houses (MH).
    EDIT: (For the record, "Mog House" refers to the general idea from a previous installment. This may also be referred to as "Linkshell/Company", "Retainer" Housing, etc.)

So my thoughts on the subject.

If MH's were to be brought back here is some ways they could be better used than FFXI did:

Mog House Storage
    Mog House Mailing
    Mog House Shops
    Mog House Gardens
    Mog House Decor

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Mog House Storage is simple, just the basic inventory to store unused or over stocked gear and items (need for retainer storage is removed)
    「 ・」: Retainers could serve as Mog House care-takers (FFXI's Moogle replacement)
    EDIT: Addition of Mannequins

Mog House Mailing is the idea to ship and send gear and items to other characters' Mog Houses.

Mog House Shops may be available upon first entering the Mog House zone, where the player would be asked to move to their "Personal Mog House" or "View Player Shops" (need for retainer markets is removed / not to replace auction house if implemented)
    EDIT: As above, retainer would continue to store inventory and sell from this manner.

Mog House Gardens is for the growth of flora that may help benefit crafts of display/decor purposes, etc.

Mog House Decor is for publically display of your Mog House to players invited into one's personal Mog House.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

In my opinion, if SE were to bring back the Mog House to mirror FFXI's then there is no need for it in FFXIV. Improvements are required and I believe I've brought up the most important.
    If anyone would like to share ideas then I would love to read them below, and if popular I will add to OP post.

MISCELLANEOUS:
    [via#18]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...f/MOGHOUSE.jpg

EDIT[via#68] : Housing Ideas
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post201907

Quote Jump
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiaKidd View Post
    I am hoping that if Player Companies (not to be confused with Public Companies) actually make it into the game they come with Player Company housing. By this I mean a house/headquarters if you will for our LS/Player Company where we have access to various features. In our House I would like the following things:
    • A main communal room which we can decorate and also mount trophies from our NM's kills and completed missions
    • A Communal Storage area where I can drop off mats and items which I may not find useful but a crafter in our LS might.
    • A Chocobo stables for raising our Chocobo's and looking after them.
    • An Airship landing pad for our Airship.
    • A dock for our boat.
    • Private quarters that we can decorate and also storage for our gear that we wouldn't put in the communal storage.
    • A crafter area that you could kit out with support benches.
    • A garden would also be nice too that we could grow things in.

P.S. If there are dev tags to assist this post please reply with them so I may edit with them in. Thank you
    (51)
    Last edited by MyKotoShi; 06-27-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Player

maybe....maybe..... *.*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laura Palmer
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Mog Boats.
    (4)

Character
    Vackashken Zuth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    It would be cute to have mogs fluttering about every once in awhile with mail bags. It wouldn't have to actually match people getting mail but just be a constant in the background to give a little touch of life to things.

TAKE MY IDEA DEVS!
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MyKotoShi View Post
    So there has been an outcry for Mog Houses (MH).

So my thoughts on the subject.

If MH's were to be brought back here is some ways they could be better used than FFXI did:

Mog House Storage is simple, just the basic inventory to store unused or over stocked gear and items (need for retainer storage is removed)
    Mog House Mailing is the idea to ship and send gear and items to other characters' Mog Houses.
    Mog House Shops may be available upon first entering the Mog House zone, where the player would be asked to move to their "Personal Mog House" or "View Player Shops" (need for retainer markets is removed / not to replace auction house if implemented)
    Mog House Gardens is for the growth of flora that may help benefit crafts of display/decor purposes, etc.
    Mog House Decor is for publically display of your Mog House to players invited into one's personal Mog House.
    Just some of my thoughts, combined with ideas I've seen floating around...

Mog House Shop - After selecting the item you want to buy from the item search counter, you get teleported to a personalized shop*, run by that person's retainer. This saves on having to load countless other retainers, most of whom you won't even interact with. However, if you still want the "feel" of a MW, you can exit the shop via the door behind you to enter a long hallway that is just row after row of other mog shops for your perusing pleasure.

* Personalizing means adding (crafted or purchased) furniture, colorful drapes and displays, or even quests to improve the level of your retainers to open up more options for the shop.

Mog House Storage - Can still be maintained by your retainer(s). Give them all the items and let them worry about storing it all for you. They could even offer suggestions, "If you bothered to buy an Armoire, I wouldn't have so little space."

Mog House Gardens/Decor - I like the idea of a mog house not being just one -- initially empty -- large room, but rather a few different, connecting rooms. Your garden could be off to one side, the mog shop on the other side, while the main room is where guests are entertained.
    (2)

Player

I remember in EQ2 you could pull up the auction house from your room.....This would be an awesome feature, be it retainers or Ah if we ever get one.
    (8)
    Support The Eorzea Redesign!
    Visit this page and like/comment if you feel our current regions need a redesign.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/12971-One-to-Fifty-One-Zone-Long-OP

Player
    Eorzea―Gridania(Wutai) Vana'diel―Bastok(Lakshmi)
    Character
    Kohana Iroha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Vackashken View Post
    It would be cute to have mogs fluttering about every once in awhile with mail bags. It wouldn't have to actually match people getting mail but just be a constant in the background to give a little touch of life to things.

TAKE MY IDEA DEVS!
    Actually, Not a bad idea. Like if you have item waiting for you when you return to the Mog House, a delivery Mog will float around the room until you accept or refuse your item.

I didn't however feel too comfortable with a mog floating in mid-air 24/7 inside your Mog House. Doesn't he get tired?! @_@;
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Syrous Vii
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I have an idea to add to the Mog Shop thing. So players like customization right? And looking different from everyone else, so how about you could customize the Moogle that took care of the customers, you could do this in a different number of ways like dressing, accessorizing and maybe custom color it. Not just pick its color, but maybe color it with a spray sort of tool. Idk, this idea seems cool to me, maybe cause I bought a Kuplu Kopo Moogle doll recently lol.
    (0)

Player

I want to grow my own trees in the mog house then Chop em down with my botanist!
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Orcishgrappler View Post
    I want to grow my own trees in the mog house then Chop em down with my botanist!
    Then smoke them I assume?
    (11)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast