Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @4.2GHZ
    MEMORY: 16GB 1600MHZ
    VIDEO: 2 ATI HD5970's in Crossfire, 1 nVidia GT250 on side for PhysX
    HDD: 1 SSD 128 GB Sata 6Gb, 1 TB HDD for backup
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    Rau Lecreuset: There are reports of a multitude of people in town who have a found a magical tool that lets them forfeit their conciousness, and in doing so, allows them to craft for inordinate amounts of time.

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Renshi View Post
    For anybody who runs a 27" iMac like me, well... forget about running the game at full native screen, because it's So Much Resources Overload! You can't keep your 40FPS straight even if you're looking at the ground (wait, maybe for that yes)
    Thats not a fair statement... You have an Imac with a mobility 4850 (which gives lower performance than a discrete 5770) and you are running the game on 1920x1080....
    You're pushing the limits as it is...
    I know Crystal tools has it's flaws.... but yea... the ATI mobility cards are actually great... but everything has it's limit...

My Discrete 5870 does 1920x1080 flawlessly... Max settings and AA, no AO, and resolution frame buffer (GDQ=8)

The CPU is only a Phenom II 965 at 3.8
    But I take good care of her and she always performs for daddy....
    I just bought a 990FX AM3+ Mobo from Gigabyte and I am waiting on the Bulldozer CPUs before I upgrade her brain....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steel Cyclone
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    It's actually optimized just fine. Putting it above 8 draws the world at a higher resolution and scales it down, effectively enabling a form of supersampling.

It's not about it not being optimized. Your video card is simply just not powerful enough. The same would happen with other games too if you enabled supersampling or a similar option.
    ya right there no game in the world currently out that a 6990 could not max out, besides this game cause its just a jack up game atm. 6990 is basicly 6970x2 should be able to blow this game away in max out easy.
    I have crossfired 5870 and this game runs like so much crap with crossfire. Everytime a spell cast or doing a skill the fps drops down to garbage. I can confirm its not just my cards cause my friend had 4870's crossfired did the same thing. Then he upgraded to 6950's crossfired and still the same issue. This game just has way to many problems. Of course running this game with 1 card tho eliminates these issues.
    (0)
    Last edited by Steelcyclone; 06-26-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcyclone View Post
    ya right there no game in the world currently out that a 6990 could not max out
    Your point is very valid...
    But Metro 2033 at 2560x1600 with full AA and tessellation will probably push you below the magic 30fps pretty often
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Onidemon View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I did some experimentation with FFXIV's video settings and these are the settings that i find worked best for me. I also found that there's really only 2 settings in there that are glitchy and seem to have a major impact on performance.

Here are my settings Which give me 60FPS outside.

Display Mode: Full Screen... It does create some screen tearing. It's quite annoying but playing in windowed mode resolves this.

Window Size:
    1680X1050

Multisampling: 16xQ CSAA

General Drawing Quality: 8 (standard) I can set this to 9 no problem but i will drop to 45-50FPS... settings to 10 tho' will result in a 50% FPS drop and bring me to 25-30FPS. The last option is definitely not well optimised and it makes no sense to see such a big impact on performance simply by going from 9 to 10.

Background Drawing Quality: 5 (high)

Shadow Detail: Highest

Graphics TAB

Ambient Occlusion: Off, Turning it on will result in a 50% drop in FPS just like putting general drawing quality to 10. I don't see any visual difference other then this weird black line across the screen, splitting the screen in two. One side in a permanent shadow and the other side bright. It is quite annoying.... a glitch perhaps?

Depth of Field: On

Disable cutscene effect: off (unchecked)

Enable hardware mouse cursor: on

Texture Quality: High

Texture Filtering: Highest

These are my system specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @4.0GHZ
    MEMORY: 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-20 NB @ 3000
    VIDEO: Sapphire 6990 880Mhz core. Ati drivers 11.5
    HDD: 2X (2X500GB in RAID 0)

Hope this helps someone.
    Nice buy on that Dual GPU card, i wouldn't have spent that kinda cash but that's just me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    ITT: OP brags about his 6990.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Thanks for the tips, playing around with the config again after reading this post.
    Works good on areas without much players but as soon i get inside Uldah starts skipping every few seconds, outside have 0 issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kris Slater
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    I was gonna get the 6990, but got 2 5970 2GB video cards running in crossfire. I was reviewing the specs and one 5970 2GB cards blows the 6990 out of the water when it comes to texturing and AA. but I run the game at 1920x 1080 with all settings on max, get constant 60 FPS through FRAPS. I can't get it any higher than 60 FPS, I think FFXIV will not allow above 60. I only have high system specs because I do game design, and it helps when modeling in Maya for quicker rendering.
    (0)
    Rau Lecreuset: There are reports of a multitude of people in town who have a found a magical tool that lets them forfeit their conciousness, and in doing so, allows them to craft for inordinate amounts of time.

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMINUS View Post
    I was gonna get the 6990, but got 2 5970 2GB video cards running in crossfire. I was reviewing the specs and one 5970 2GB cards blows the 6990 out of the water when it comes to texturing and AA. but I run the game at 1920x 1080 with all settings on max, get constant 60 FPS through FRAPS. I can't get it any higher than 60 FPS, I think FFXIV will not allow above 60. I only have high system specs because I do game design, and it helps when modeling in Maya for quicker rendering.
    Yea, there is an in game cap at 60fps....
    2 x 5970's is insane....
    4 GPU's is ri-dunk-ulous
    Happy happy joy joy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kris Slater
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Yea, there is an in game cap at 60fps....
    2 x 5970's is insane....
    4 GPU's is ri-dunk-ulous
    Happy happy joy joy
    I am also hitting it with:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @4.2GHZ
    MEMORY: 16GB 1600MHZ
    VIDEO: 2 ATI HD5970's in Crossfire, 1 nVidia GT250 on side for PhysX
    HDD: 1 SSD 128 GB Sata 6Gb, 1 TB HDD for backup

as i posted earlier so it runs smooth, until my water cooling decides to pop out on me lol
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast