Character
    Tenri Grimwood
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Server Transfers and Future of the English-speaking Community

Hello everyone!

The server transfers that began this week have created a flurry of changes as many players flock to other servers to be with their friends, or to experience the game with lower latency. Whatever their reasons for leaving, quite a few players are finding themselves left alone, or in FCs with hardly any people. <Gaijin> boasted itself as the largest English-speaking FC on the server, and even it has suffered a tremendous drop in players, so I'd imagine others are experiencing the same.

So what does this mean? A few FC leaders have been in talks about creating a linkshell to coordinate events between FCs more easily. However, given the significant loss of English-speaking players on Ultima, keeping us spread out across so many small FCs might not be the best thing for our community.
    (2)
    Last edited by KuroMiso; 10-17-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tenri Grimwood
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

(Cont.)

I know a lot of people are hesitant and concerned about leaving where they are. They like the feeling of playing with a small group of friends that they're close to, and being able to make decisions within the FC. What I'm proposing would allow you to continue to do the same.

The leadership at <Gaijin> has changed, and Shannelle and I are working hard to help build this into the most active and fun FC that we can. However, it's not something that we can do alone! We generally have 20-30 concurrent users online at any given time that are very friendly, and are all here to have a good time. I think our FC is not too big, but not too small either to call home.

We would like to invite players from other FCs to join us and merge into a stronger English-speaking community on Ultima. In order to ensure everyone's voices are heard in reshaping the FC, we'd like each FC that chooses to merge with us to select their own officer to help run <Gaijin> and make it home they'd like it to be.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tenri Grimwood
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

(Cont.)

Any players or FCs that are interested in joining can talk with any of our members for an invite. FC leaders that would like to merge and be promoted as officers need only to speak with Shannelle or myself to address any questions or concerns they may have, and to get started with reshaping our future on Ultima together!

Thank you everyone, and I hope to hear from you!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avalon Albrook
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    For anyone English-speaking on Ultima, Gaijin really is a fantastic FC to call home. There were lots of us who joined it while refugees from the NA servers back from the days of early access. With server transfers and friends spread out and latency issues and all of that, some of us had little choice but to make a move. But, I wish every server could have at least one FC as strong and inviting to be part of as Gaijin. So, if you're on Ultima, just join it and don't look back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synner Strife
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Hello All!

Synner Strife here the leader of the Free Company Eternal Strife. We like many of our English speaking FC colleagues have loss members due to the server transfer. I just wanted to give a shout out to the other English Speaking Free Companies out there and say this linkshell is a good thing. This will give your Free Company the opportunity to pull from a larger group of people for end game content and still allow for you to maintain your individuality and keep your Free Company standing. Please feel free to contact me or any member of the UltimaAlliance in order to sign you and your Free Company up. We'll see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rune Stargazer
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 20
    I was seriously pondering changing to Tonberry while server transfers are still free as I heard most of the English speakers are there, but found this forum while researching and was really impressed with what I saw.

Definitely staying on Ultima, and looking forward to playing together with some of you!
    Very glad to be part of a friendly and welcoming community
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lelorr Rellori
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1449979

Camate mentions a future Free Company alliance feature; no idea when that'll happen, but it may come in handy here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Korsurr Korrals
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 50
    I switched over to Hyperion from Ultima. I was in Gaijin, great FC! If anyone has transferred to Hyperion and knew me/wants to friend invite me, my ingame name is Korsurr Korrals
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shannelle Lysanter
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    @Korsurr, I hope you are having fun in Hyperion Some of us are still in Ultima and Gaijin FC continues to exist. In case you decide to roll a new char in Ultima, feel free to get in touch with us and I would definitely love to have you back ^_^

----

Now that free service transfer is over, I understand several of the FCs in Ultima experienced a large decrease in their member count. While it means fewer English-speaking gamers in the servers, do know there are still several of us who have decided to stay.

For everyone's information, the following linkshells exist:
    - Ultima Alliance linkshell (to provide a central line of communication for various groups/cliques/FCs)
    - SG Alliance linkshell (to provide a central line of communication for gamers with focus on raiding during timezone GMT+8)

Gaijin FC remains open to any FC out there who wishes to merge with us. The FC continues to provide XP boost to all its members and lively chat to stave off boredom :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avalon Albrook
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by korsurr View Post
    I switched over to Hyperion from Ultima. I was in Gaijin, great FC! If anyone has transferred to Hyperion and knew me/wants to friend invite me, my ingame name is Korsurr Korrals
    If you're on Hyperion, don't listen to him. He pervs on the women and never puts his shirt on.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast