Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Skavian Taliesin
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 54

What did you do with Red Crafting Scrips?

I'm a little bit at a loss at what to do with these things. I'm currently sitting on around 110 Red Crafting tokens and I want to use them... but really have no idea what to get.

I got all my crafting jobs to 60 as soon as possible on launch and haven't used any scrips. All my gear is pentamelded (1-2 pieces missing CP maybe?) and has been since I made it on launch.. and none of the pieces are better then pentamelded that I can see.

So what has/did/are people going to do with their tokens? I imagine saving them isn't a good idea as there will probably be a new currency coming, right? Sort of at a loss.

Thanks,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Z'nnah Silverbane
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I have used my Red Crafter scrip for:
    1) one L180 Mainhand (to bootstrap making other mainhands)
    2) three four L180 Body gear
    3) Buying mats (along with Favor node mats) to make 2* items
    (0)
    Last edited by Silverbane; 01-08-2016 at 03:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Skavian Taliesin
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 54
    I got into Gathering way late, but I have 45 Red Gathering tokens.

If my math is right and assuming I average (edit: 2 items) 2 items per Favor, that would be 300ish Moonbeam Silk (etc.) to sell/use.

Moonbeam Silk is around 200k on my server for NQ. I guess I could make a little gil.

None of the gear is a direct upgrade except the mainhands, but I don't need any more Craft/Control for 2 Star unless I want to aim for a better rotation.

edit: Checking my math.. someone correct me if I'm out of my mind: 45 tokens = 45 x 5 Favors = 225 Favors. Average 2 items per favor. 225 x 2 = 450 turn-in items. Turn in is /10 = 45 complete turn-in sets, so multiply 45 x 15 = 675 sellable items? My math seems weird, because that's like 60m gil on my server even if they were 100k. .and they're currently 200k+.
    (0)
    Last edited by Skavian; 01-08-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavian View Post
    edit: Checking my math.. someone correct me if I'm out of my mind
    Turn ins require 20, not 10, plus a DoH red scrip token. Plus you will likely average 3+ per favor. So let's say your 45 DoL scrips plus 36 DoH scrips, for 540 sellable items.

But... Look at how fast they sell at the MB, and you're likely to see more up for sale than the amount that have sold in the past month. And you will spend well over 20 hours of game time doing the most dull and annoying activity ever conceived by SE to get them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skavian Taliesin
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 54
    I guess I should make a correction, I only have BOT at 60. I haven't even unlocked Miner since 1.0, haha.

So I'd have to buy the Ooids which would cut that amount in half, but I'd spend half the time as well which I can use to do my normal gil making stuff.

So it would technically be 10. 1 Crafter Token, 10 Favor Items, 10 Ooids (purchased). I could probably sell most of it before 3.2 by diversifying the items themselves and selling the favor mats straight up without converting them to silk/coke/etc.

Ooids prices vary from 60-80k on my server. So, always rounding up, I'd spend 800k for 15 Moonbeam Silk. Around 1.3m after tax per set. (rounding Moonbeam down 50k per also) -- Purified Coke is 200k minimum, sale history has them 300-350k. Sale frequency isn't that terrible: around 80 Silk sold in the last 2 days and 25 coke, very few posted.

So, assuming various methods of selling, I could probably count on 50 million pretty reliably. Maybe make/sell some 2 star or something.

edit: And I suppose with the leftover Crafting.. I could save them in case they're somehow used for next tier things or buy some main-hands or something.
    (0)
    Last edited by Skavian; 01-08-2016 at 03:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    So far ... I've gotten all 8 RCT i180 MH tools. For the next four weeks I will be saving them up as I finish getting the i180 gathering gear.

After that I will start gathering Favors and making the i170 gear for my crafters and gatherers. That will consume a number of RCT - I will supplement the materials gathered from Favors with ovoids and such off the board occasionally.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chida Rake
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    to op,

if you dont wanna craft 170 gear then i suggest selling your scrips for gil to a crafter who can use them. this way you can use that gil to upgrade your offhand and right side by buying the 170 gear. yeah youd have to remeld but its worth it.

not sure what the going rate would be on your server but they use to be 250k each on mine
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aisha Nymph
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I use them to exchange master? soul? stone
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kheima Rayne
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    After I crafted the 8 sets I now use them to stock craft stones for the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alex Greaver
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I don't get scripts because I don't have much time and I hate the system. I barely have time for all the regular adventurer dailies these days.

If I could, I would go for gear upgrades first.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast