Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Risky Tactic
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I have a question for the veteran crafters here.
    Is is possible to 100% HQ 2 star items with these craft levels?

50 Weaver
    50 Blacksmith
    50 Carpenter
    50 Leatherworker
    37 Culinarian
    22 Goldsmith
    22 Armorsmith
    15 Alchemist
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeTao View Post
    I have a question for the veteran crafters here.
    Is is possible to 100% HQ 2 star items with these craft levels?

50 Weaver
    50 Blacksmith
    50 Carpenter
    50 Leatherworker
    37 Culinarian
    22 Goldsmith
    22 Armorsmith
    15 Alchemist
    Yes there are methods you could use that actually are "100%" if done correctly, but it depends on your stats with or without food.

If your stats are on the lower end of 2 star ready stats: (e.g. 347 craft, 320 control, 330cp unbuffed)

You will need to make HQ mats to craft the final products. (E.g. the Twinthreads, Nuggets, Ingot's etc)

Buy some Decent HQ +CP Food.

Don't waste HQ mats for the 40 Dura craft. E.g. Twinthreads making the Vanya Silk, just craft it NQ, but use HQ mats when making the Lining's etc and try to HQ those.

You'll be using the "Hasty Method". (Can Google it)

You'll be trying to use Hasty Touch under Steady Hand II as much as possible before ending with something like Ingenuity - Great Strides - Byregot's (Make sure Steady Hand is still up at this point) - CSII - CSII - CSII (ofc change order as needed depending on Condition etc)

Use Tricks of the Trade on every "Good" condition before the ending, this is so you use and Master Mend II and other dura saving skills in order to use Hasty more.

I won't claim it to be 100%, but if done the way mentioned it should be higher than 99%.
    (0)
    Last edited by scarebearz; 12-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    "Waste Not" needs adding to the required cross class skills list in the OP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Romu Zari
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeye View Post
    Why do you use such a wasteful rotation with all the cross class skill you have? Your rotation cost 409 CP. /facepalm
    Well, if you have the CP and it works...I'd probably be trying to use more level 50 skills too after going through the trouble of leveling them. But I suspect in the future we'll get more recipes which will further put things like WN2 in the grave for good due to their CP cost.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Halloween Candy
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    I don't think the cp cost of WN2 is the issue. It's actually a very efficient ability in terms of durability/cp. The problem with it is that no one goes 8 steps without using a non-dura ability, so it's just a bad ability
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aph Raell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
    I don't think the cp cost of WN2 is the issue. It's actually a very efficient ability in terms of durability/cp. The problem with it is that no one goes 8 steps without using a non-dura ability, so it's just a bad ability
    WN2 has its uses in the right spots. In the end its all a balance with item durability, touches and CP. Here's 2 rotations I've used:

Requires 347Craft, 340Control and 381CP(Use food) 80 Durability any difficulty.(This could be viable over my other 100% HQ rotation if item difficulty ever goes up higher.)

Comfort Zone
    Inner Quiet
    Steady Hands II
    Waste Not II
    Hasty Touch x 4
    Basic Touch
    Steady Hands II
    Hasty Touch x 5
    Manipulation
    Steady Hands II
    Basic Touch
    Great Strides
    Ingenuity
    Innovation (Skip if on Excellent condition)
    Byregot's Blessing
    Careful Synthesis II x 3

Requires 347Craft, 340Control and 381CP(Use food) 40 Durability any difficulty

Comfort Zone
    Inner Quiet
    Steady Hand II
    Waste Not II
    Hasty Touch x 4
    Steady Hand II
    Hasty Touch x3
    Manipulation
    Steady Hand II
    Basic Touch
    Great Strides
    Ingenuity
    Innovation (Skip if on Excellent condition)
    Byregot's Blessing
    Careful Synthesis II x 2

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l-NQ-materials.
    (0)

Player

WH is far superior to WHII at least.

I've personally never even used WHII, even for using the Hasty method I find Mend II far superior.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exphryl Windstrider
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thanks for this thread. It's helped a lot Although I don't have 340 control on any class but Armorer (hovering around 335-338), found that if I HQ a single piece of material for the ilvl70 stuff (even a simple hippogryph leather or gold nugget) it's more than enough for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rani Ra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I wrote some javascript to try out a few of these crafting rotations.

The query is parsed by the javascript, or you can update the form. It's not pretty, and doesn't do much when there's errors, but it might be useful to others. It's also entirely possible that it gets the wrong result in some cases, so caveat emptor.

With HQ pea soup, HQ AF gear, fully melded accessories, unmelded gear except 5 control on each of the legs and feet, you can do the following at 315cr, 336co, 365cp:
    CZ IQ WN SH2 BTx5 GS SH ING2 AT GS BB CS2x3
    You can also get 9 CP from forbidden melding your legs and feet, and melding 3CP to your offhand, to get away with Stone Soup instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rani Ra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    (part 2)

Without food, I think you'll have to much more fully meld your gear to get 350cr, 353co, 341cp:
    CZ IQ WN SH2 BTx5 GS SH ING ST GS BB CS2x3

With this rotation, you can eliminate all the potential poor conditions by changing the order of steps when you get an excellent. These are the potential sequences, based on when you get an excellent. An excellent on the SH2, the ING, or the second GS would be a problem, and requires you to alter steps. You may be using a AT instead of a ST or an ING2 instead of an ING, based on how good your gear is and what you eat. For an excellent on the SH2 step, you can use one of the CS2 from the end instead. For the ING step, you can swap the order of ST and ING. For the second GS step, you can eliminate the GS.
    (0)
    Last edited by ubik2; 12-12-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast