Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Are you sure they round up to the nearest second? I remember reading that they don't accept anything past 1 decimal place, which would make no sense if they round up to the nearest second (assuming my memory and the post I read were both correct). Also, I noticed a large difference going from 3 seconds to 2.5 on my macros, but it could just be placebo.

I craft with macros all the time, and never have lag/missed step issues. I have a solid cable connection, and I don't synth in laggy areas where I have to wait for NPC's to load up.

Especially on 1 and 2 star recipes, the early touches without Ingenuity aren't worth wasting CP on Standard or Advanced touch. That extra CP is better used buffing your BB, either through more steps (Manipulation instead of WN, etc) or less Synthesis steps (1x/2x Standard instead of 2x/3x Careful) This is the same reason Hasty Touch spam is so effective.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryorin Whitefall
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Made some updates.. Added recommended materia setup and skill rotation for 40 Durability 2 Star
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    Are you sure they round up to the nearest second?
    I have a solid cable connection, and I don't synth in laggy areas where I have to wait for NPC's to load up.
    It's very easy to test - make one macro with 13 commands "/wait 2.5" plus echo at the start and end of the macro and another one with "/wait 3" and compare the times. As far as I recall the last dev announcement stated that they're removing / rouding up decimals (and even the reason why was quite "bizzare"). In regards of lags - it's server lag - I've actually experienced a bunch of those since 2.05 patch and many failures in my macros which where working without a glitch prior the update. Basically - if you craft something more valuable I prefer to either to do it manually or to use the "safe" version of the macros with extended waiting times. It's macro after all so extra time used to run it is not that much of problem and I can live with those extra few seconds lost on the food bufs too. And of course - the comment in regrads rotation of the touches is only valid in cases where you have those "Mixed" in one (section of) macro - usually due to the limited durability or with some low or mid range recepies to speed up the process. But indeed if your level is way above the recepie level or if you're using Ingenuity or Ingenuity II this is not much of concern anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iron Tager
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    You should consider replacing the last basic touch innovation. With greatstrides b blessing ans ingeunity it offer more and costs same amount of cp
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hermennes Cletrindale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    Thanks for the materia setup. I'm only able to hit 339 control and 322 CP at the moment, but hopefully I can pull off overmelding some Ctrl+3's to get me there. Is 347 control absolutely necessary?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remeliez Draconflair
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Thanks for posting this. I'm not quite at that point yet but I'm getting closer and it's nice to have some rotations to check out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryorin Whitefall
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufkus View Post
    Thanks for the materia setup. I'm only able to hit 339 control and 322 CP at the moment, but hopefully I can pull off overmelding some Ctrl+3's to get me there. Is 347 control absolutely necessary?
    Actually the minimun control of 318 is fine for 2 Star 80 Durability Items, high control is just needed for HQing 1/2 Star 40 Durability Items. You're already good to go w/ 339 Ctrl if you have the right cross class skills and enough CP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Whitefall; 10-20-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chenn Maboroshi
    World
    Tiamat
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    If I may, I'd like to ask a question here rather than start a new thread.

I plan on making HQ Vanya gear, and I currently have Lv 50 Alchemist, Lv 50 Weaver (obviously), Lv 50 Culinarian, and Lv 15 of every other crafting class. Will it be possible without leveling Carpenter to 50 for Byregot's blessing?

I'm currently saving up to put materia in all of my Weaver gear, but wondering how high I should push my crafting and control stats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hermennes Cletrindale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    I ended up making my vanya robe today. Had 348 craft, 348 control and 330 CP (372 w/ HQ bouillabaise).
    The 2 star 40 durability item (vanya silk) was really tough. I followed the rotation but screwed up and had 10 durability left with slightly less than half progress, 90% HQ chance, and very little CP left. I took a gamble and used steady hands + rapid synthesis and thankfully it didn't fail and got me to finish.
    The vanya silk robe material and subsequent robe of healing were much easier and were basically 100% HQ with this rotation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryorin Whitefall
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    If I may, I'd like to ask a question here rather than start a new thread.

I plan on making HQ Vanya gear, and I currently have Lv 50 Alchemist, Lv 50 Weaver (obviously), Lv 50 Culinarian, and Lv 15 of every other crafting class. Will it be possible without leveling Carpenter to 50 for Byregot's blessing?

I'm currently saving up to put materia in all of my Weaver gear, but wondering how high I should push my crafting and control stats.
    I advice that you get Byregote's Blessing, it really makes crafting 2 star very easy than spending too much gil on overmelding crafting gears. For stats, just follow my recommended materia set up. 347 Craft / 340+ Ctrl / 370 CP (w/food) w/ the stated cross class skills and right skill rotation, you can already guarantee yourself a 2 Star gear.
    (0)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast