Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Peanut Pump
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, makes much more sense now. So in theory I can go lower than 347 if I go the 3x CS II. Just don't know how low. Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mithrie Menethil
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I found this thread very useful. I've melded my 8 crafting sets as follows:

For my crafting melds I have put more focus on Craftmanship than Control because with all my combined abilities at 50 I can stack my Control to more than 1000 before I hit Byregot's Blessing.

I have made a video where I put this rotation into practice to make my first Vanya Robe of Casting with 100% High Quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfMhJwm2Ibw

Now I feel confident I can make any item in the game with 100% HQ chance that is craftable but it does rely on using the Bouillabaise food for the extra 10% CP (34 max) otherwise I run out of moves.

Thanks a lot for sharing this information, it has improved my crafting skills at max level a lot, which in turn has allowed me to help a lot of others in my free company.

If anyone has any feedback on my materia melds let me know.
    (0)
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mithrie
    YouTube Gaming: http://gaming.youtube.com/Mithrie/live
    Mon-Fri 7 pm UK, 2 pm EST, 11 am PST
    Sat-Sun 4 pm UK, 11 am EST, 8 am PST

Player
    Character
    Lexalon Kai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Wow you made 8 sets. That's crazy. I finished my HQ patrician set and accessories last night after 2 weeks of working on it (damn you RNG!). The only unique item I have to meld between sets is the offhand. Granted I will always have to use food but it isn't expensive. I believe I have 347 craftsman, 340ish control (i forget), 342 CP
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrie View Post
    If anyone has any feedback on my materia melds let me know.
    For any craft currently in the game I think you melds are way too OTT to be honest.

Looking at the stats given, you have 378 craft, 349 Control and 345 CP? But are still using food?

All you actually needed was 357 Craft, 348ish Control and 341 CP, with that (and could probably do with less) you can easily HQ any 80 Dura 2 star, without the need for food or HQ mats.

I would advise people to chose their rotation of choice and calculate their melds to hit the exact Craft and CP needed, then put as much extra into Control as they like. (To be on the safe side)

Capping Accessories and Belt is a good start, after that the AF sets are pretty cheap to meld enough to HQ 2 star.
    (0)
    Last edited by scarebearz; 12-03-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mithrie Menethil
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I figured I'd go for the max in case they release item level 80 crafts which have higher stats requirements. I tend to do most things to the max, but in this case I was not going to use rank 4 materia's because I could never have afforded them. As for the rotation I use, I find I do need the extra CP food in order to always keep up steady hand 2 always and innovation when I do Byregot's. I could probably go without them but I just want to be absolutely sure I hit the 100% HQ even if the hasty touches blow up a bit.
    (0)

Player

With your stats you should never be using Hasty for 80 Dura 2 star crafts, in my opinion.

Try this:

CZ > IQ > CSII > WN > SH2 > Basic Touch x 5 > GS > SH > Ing > Standard Touch > GS > Byregots > CSII x 2

If "Excellent" when your going to use Ing, use Standard Touch first, then Ing after and continue.

If "Excellent" when your going to use the last GS, use Byregot's, then finish with CSII x 2.

You can use Cont food if you want to be extra sure, but with the stats you've stated the above should be fine without food on any 80 Dura craft, using all NQ mats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mithrie Menethil
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it next time I do a 80 Dura 2 star and see how it turns out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lexalon Kai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    With your stats you should never be using Hasty for 80 Dura 2 star crafts, in my opinion.

Try this:

CZ > IQ > CSII > WN > SH2 > Basic Touch x 5 > GS > SH > Ing > Standard Touch > GS > Byregots > CSII x 2

If "Excellent" when your going to use Ing, use Standard Touch first, then Ing after and continue.

If "Excellent" when your going to use the last GS, use Byregot's, then finish with CSII x 2.

You can use Cont food if you want to be extra sure, but with the stats you've stated the above should be fine without food on any 80 Dura craft, using all NQ mats.
    What stats would you recommend for this one? I have one piece left in my set and i'll be 347 craft/340ish control/342 CP without food.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    What stats would you recommend for this one? I have one piece left in my set and i'll be 347 craft/340ish control/342 CP without food.
    357 Craft and 341CP are a must and for control I'd recommended 348+, I've seen this suggested as needing 344 control, but I know people with that exact number and ended slightly short of 100%.

With you stats I'd probably try this:

CZ > IQ > CS II > WN > SH2 > Basic Touch x 5 > GS > SH > Ing II > Advanced Touch > GS > Byregots > CS II x 2

If "Excellent" when your going to use Ing II, use Advanced Touch first, then Ing after and continue.

I believe this requires 347 Craft, 365 CP (use CP food) and 330+ Control (more is always safer in my opinion, so yours should be ideal).

I've hardly used this one, as my sets are more suited to the previous rotation, so test it with some 2 Star Food and see what you think.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrie View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it next time I do a 80 Dura 2 star and see how it turns out.
    You could always test it cheaply on 2 Star Food.
    (0)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast