Player
    Character
    Zaran Akikaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Leveling Miner

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game and to mining, just reached Rank 20.

I've spent quite a bit of time mining points to get Rank 20 and was wondering, is that the only way to level? Other then the occasional guildleve, mining the 4 Grade 3 nodes for about 150xp per item is the best way? I've read up that I should go to the next grade when I can mine 3 or 4 times and have access to the skills to locate them, but with the amount of SP growing larger and larger it seems like a huge grind to level a gathering class.

I'm not wanting it to be easy or seem like I'm complaining it's too difficult, just wanting to make sure I'm not wasting my time and doing something wrong.
    (0)

Player

It is a huge grind

1) get as much output gear as you can, gathering gear 2nd to this. This will give you more swings per node.
    2) Level botony to 25 and get sweat of brow, when active you get double sp.
    3) spend alot of time grinding

Player
    Character
    Zaran Akikaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Ok, so output then gathering on gear.

Good thing about botany is it's rank 12, bad news is it took a while to get to 20 miner lol. Well I swear I see more harvesting points while out mining, so I was thinking of carrying Botany main/offhand tools as well.

Does Quarry serve any purpose then getting a few items? The SP is low and much harder to find quarry points.
    (0)

Player

yeah doing both same time isnt a bad idea

you can actualy have less running that way

find any 3 nodes, of either of them, and you can run between the 3, wether it be 2 botony 1 mining or the opposite
    youll progress well in both that way

as for quarry, same as harvest for botony, yes they serve purposes, items, alot of the items from them you cant get anywhere else

and when you hit grade 5 especialy youll want what items can drop from it

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    For grinding output > gathering since output raises the number of atempts you can do while gathering only lessens the remainder loss per hit.

Also, its interesting you find a spot with 3 mining points close (like iron lake often has)...no matter if mining or quarrying point because the point resets after you finish another 2 poinrs so you can just rotate at these 3 points. Also, if you have crafts r10~15, yoy can do guild tasks...completing the r10 ones as mine will give miner the 500sp reward. You can do up to 11 guild tasks daily, which means 5500 sp daily without having to worry about gathering fatigue. I've been doing a bunch of guild tasks daily as FSH.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zaran Akikaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Oh, the guild tasks give SP? I did 2 or 3 only for ARM or BSM and just thought I got the reward offered. And the SP you receive goes to the class your on, so turn them in as Miner?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaran_Akikaze View Post
    Oh, the guild tasks give SP? I did 2 or 3 only for ARM or BSM and just thought I got the reward offered. And the SP you receive goes to the class your on, so turn them in as Miner?
    Yep. Every guild task gives 500sp to the class you are when you deliver the item. So you can just get all requested stuff, change to miner and deliver everything as miner so all sp reward goes to miner.
    (0)

Player
    I don't recommend grinding on mining. Take what you need, use what you take is the best way to go about it. Just grinding up mining gives lazy smiths all your rewards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    I don't recommend grinding on mining. Take what you need, use what you take is the best way to go about it. Just grinding up mining gives lazy smiths all your rewards.
    Agreed. Once you hit rank 38, you've unlocked everything anyway.

Take gathering fatigue as an incentive to go and do something else, like using the materials you have gathered. It's not like it's a race to rank 50.
    (0)

Player

I find that some nice music, or a movie in the corner of the screen helps to offset the grind.

Better yet, have something that you're actually trying to get with mining. Perhaps an LS friend needs some Alumen for example. It makes it a helluva lot easier on the grind if you have a purpose
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast