Player
    Character
    Dynamis Lord
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Error Code 3102

If you're not familliar with it, Error code 3102 means you're going to sit and wait for 10-20 minutes before you can log back on. I post a mad rant when im in an important party and I'm forced to deal with it. Right now my character is being killed by a mob but I have no access to the game to run away or do anything about it. My party will wonder why im just standing there. They'll try to contact me and I will not answer because I've been disconnected now for 5 minutes. I've checked and there are many posts on this problem and not 1 response from the Dev team. It's a relatively simple fix. If an IP address does not respond to the game within a minute, disconnect them from the server and let them log back on. Why is this so difficult?
    (2)

2. 05-18-2011 12:59 PM

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    you forgot one "THIS"
    (0)

Player

that error sucks. i dont know why they haven't login implemented like in FFXI that it kicks you out of the game if you try to log again or in the case of a D/C it kicks the zombie instance of your char. And.. who's idea was to have a timeout of 10 mins?
    (0)

Please include the following information, especially specific dates and times so that we can better investigate.
    Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.("PlayStation2", Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.

Always
    Sometimes
    Once (Did not reproduce)
    Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Eleze M, Eleze F, Hyur M, Hyur F, Lalafell M, Lalafell F, Miqo'te, Roegadyn)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Class/Skill Rank:
    Class and skill rank of your character when the issue occurred.

Physical Level:
    Physical level of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write "Solo". If you were in a party, please write "Party". With alliance, please write "Alliance."
    *If you wrote "Party" or "Alliance", please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write "None".

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write "None".

In-Game Time:
    Please list the in-game time that the issue occurred.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.

What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and action names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alegis Leqarna
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Just get rid of this 3102...

It makes absolutely no sense to let the character stay ingame for ages after the player got disconnected from server.

We cant even login with a second Character, to force the first one to get kicked out from server, like we did in FFXI back then. Why?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Thread Title:
    3102 Error

Platform:
    PC

ISP:
    Time Warner

Type of Internet Connection:
    Broadband

Internet Connection Speed:
    I'm gonna say 3Mbps. . .

Date & Time:
    Occurs often, regardless of time

Frequency:
    Often. Why isn't often a choice on the online form, btw?

Character Name:
    Viridiana Sovari

Race:
    Hyur Female

World:
    Lindblum

Class/Skill Rank:
    Any class, any rank

Physical Level:
    Any

Area and Coordinates:
    Anywhere

Party or Solo:
    Doesn't matter

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

In-Game Time:
    Doesn't matter

Steps:
    1. Play around doing whatever you want until you (randomly) get a 300002 Error. This is you getting disconnected from the game. No problem, yet.
    2. Acknowledge the error; get moved back to the lobby.
    3. Click on your character name to re-enter the server.
    4. This is where Error 3102 pops up and kicks you back to the title screen.
    5. Go back to the character select screen. Try clicking again.
    6. Repeat steps 3 through 6, usually for about ten minutes. During this time, there's no known way to re-connect to the game.
    7. (Optional) Give up on reconnecting; watch the opening video as an improvised 10-minute timer.

As an aside, I've noticed that whenever this happens, my internet hiccups. I'm not certain which is the cause and which is the effect, though. It's possible that my internet connection does this more often and I only notice it when I'm playing XIV. Alternately, the game crashing may be pulling down my internet for a short time while my connection resets. Either way, my usual solution to this is to rejoin Ventrillo when I can and have my LS members tell me when I've finally been disconnected.

One way to solve this would be to have a second attempt to connect a character automatically kick the first connection from the server. If I'm not mistaken, this is how WoW does it, and it seems to work fine for them. . .
    (0)

Greetings everyone!

Thank you all for your input. Now that we have the details, we will forward the Error 3102 to be looked into. If any updates become available, they will be posted within the forum. Thanks again!
    (0)