Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

1 Hour until the next "Hotfix" where are my patch notes?

Same as topic where are the patch notes for this hotfix? Getting late and I kinda want to know if anything good will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brises View Post
    The usually post them after the maintenance.
    Hmmm thought they usually post it before. Maybe that's just FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko769 View Post
    check the stickys on this part of the forum theres a post that gives you a very vague idea of whats coming I agree though I DO wanna know what exactly they're editing difficulty wise. I get this feeling their gonna crank up CM and Praes difficulty and add Mythos to them which would actually be awesome cause the last boss in Prae seemed like a waste of great potential
    I read all that a few days ago when it was posted. I just want to know what dungeons are getting an adjustment in difficulty. ay and they should have added myth tomes to the last boss in Praet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulathskullsplitter View Post
    Since this is pretty much the only mmo ive put alot of time into i dont know how other companies do it. Is it normal to keep the patch notes secret right until the last minute like SE does?
    Been a few months since I quit FFXI but I could have sworn SE use to give us in depth details about patches. But I Bet you 5mil gil the JP already know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmanway View Post
    Sir we know this that's not what I'm looking for. I want to know what dungeons are getting tomes added to them, What Dungeons are getting their difficulty adjusted. those are not there. Oh and are we getting a cap increase.

•The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
    •The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    they never post notes prior to patches they never did it w/ 11 either. they are the only ones that do it this way.
    Like I said unless they have changed FFXI since I quit back in May they always gave us patch details before the up coming patch. Unless a Patch and Version
    update are two different thing but doesn't look like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan94 View Post
    (hint: Check the Dev posts).
    Again not what most of us are looking for we want specific details.
    (16)
    Last edited by Arkista; 10-15-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Brises Ravenheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The usually post them after the maintenance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ananya Castelle
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    check the stickys on this part of the forum theres a post that gives you a very vague idea of whats coming I agree though I DO wanna know what exactly they're editing difficulty wise. I get this feeling their gonna crank up CM and Praes difficulty and add Mythos to them which would actually be awesome cause the last boss in Prae seemed like a waste of great potential
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meowy Wowie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    They'll be here next week, don't worry.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Since this is pretty much the only mmo ive put alot of time into i dont know how other companies do it. Is it normal to keep the patch notes secret right until the last minute like SE does?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulathskullsplitter View Post
    Normally patch notes are only finalized after since they don't know wether something will have to be removed in the last second, yeah
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pomf-pomf Footahnaree
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Yeah, it'd be nice to know which dungeons are getting myth tomes added to them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hikozaemon Kenkonken
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    they never post notes prior to patches they never did it w/ 11 either. they are the only ones that do it this way.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jomad Graem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alphyn Vyrs
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    They've been vague like this in recent FFXI updates which I only mention since it's now being led up by someone who was formerly from the ARR team so I figured to expect the same from ARR since similar methodologies and whatnot. Outside of SE MMOs I'm unaware of how open other developers are in regards to patch notes. I don't mind the vagueness though personally since they are at least communicating their intentions and probably don't want to over promise/under deliver should something occur.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast