Player
    Character
    Dayus Grandium
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Rested Bonus Cap.

Ok so, I've tried searching on here as well as other sites, and I can not find a definitive answer to what should be a relatively simple question. I know all the ins and outs of the rested xp bonus, other than one thing: what is the cap on it (if any)?

The closest response I've found to this is: "Yes, there's definitely a cap, but I don't know what it is". Does anyone have any data on this? This is pretty important because if you're like me, you want to min/max all XP gains, and so I go out of my way to go back to a "camp" area whenever possible. I would like to know if it's even necessary to do this, because my rested bonus has been at the full bar's limit on my BRD (lvl 46 now) due to me going out of my way to NOT switch to a lower level job and burn through it (but that's another matter entirely). Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marrataim Enmitos
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 49
    From my experience the cap seems to be your current level plus 1. So it will fill your current level bar and then the next one after it. I have two chars and sometimes will play one for days before going to the other one but it has never been higher than the next level bar.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    What bugs me about the bonus exp, is how it seems to scale to w/e lv you are. You can get full bonus saved up, and go out and exp on a lv 40+ for a couple days before it wears off, but switch to a lv 1 job, and it will be gone in 2 lvs, which is like 5 mins or less. I wish it was a raw exp number. I guess that could make leveling even easier, but i kinda wish it was that way. I thought it was like that in 1.0, the bonus seemed to go a lot farther regardless of what lv you were.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    In 1.0 it was a set amount of XP which was better for low levels but worse for high levels.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I don't think there is a cap. Hear me out, here. I made a character on another server and spent about a week there, leaving my main character to lounge out with a stack of books in an inn. Returned to my main character to catch up on my story quests with the exp going to my botany, which was level 46. Did a mess of leves to make up quest xp differences which are pretty big after level 30. I still have a full blue exp bar on my level 50 classes. I don't know how much rested I've accrued but it's alot more than a two levels worth.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    If the rested bonus boosts leve XP, then the cap is absurdly high if it exists at all, as I got 24-50 goldsmith last week and didn't run out of bonus XP till midway through 47.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marrataim Enmitos
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 49
    I'm pretty sure the rested exp. does not affect quest or levequest exp.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valerie Vesper
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xwxmeowxvvx View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rested exp. does not affect quest or levequest exp.
    Nor does the latter affect the former.
    (1)

Character
    Yuri Shineko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Exp rested goes up to 3 levels. No I don't remember where I read that, but last night my husband went from 24 warrior to 46 and never saw his rested exp come off. He was fate grinding. It seems to support the 3 levels of bonus exp. Please don't quote me, and no I have no clue where I read it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roin Thresch
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 63
    I believe the rested bonus only effects monster kills (or crafting, or gathering) and only at a rate of 50%. For example, when crafting, HQ% also provides you with an experience bonus. Bonus exp that comes directly from the HQ level itself, does not chip into your rested bonus. Only the 50%(or whatever it is) of the base amount is what's chipped away.

This is why you can suddenly find yourself with a blue bar, when before you didn't have one.

Thanks,
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast