Player
    Character
    Fealing Freyal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

What's the current opinion on stat allocation?

I'm now rank 23 Archer, but still don't really understand where I should be putting my attribute points?

Is there a formula that everyone is currently following? like double your rank in DEX or anything?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Armok View Post
    I'm now rank 23 Archer, but still don't really understand where I should be putting my attribute points?

Is there a formula that everyone is currently following? like double your rank in DEX or anything?
    I see this getting out of hand very quickly. Careful mentioning stats on FF14 forums.

But to answer your question before the ridiculous debate starts, just play around with whatever you want at the moment, there are upcoming battle changes slated for June which is revamping the system, and the removal of everyone's "Physical Level" is going to change stat calculations, so once those changes are out of the way and your nerds have made their spreadsheets, more information that you're looking for will become available.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bladed Arms
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    dont believe the hype, your stats will noticeably effect your gameplay. That said, they made it so even if you have nothing, you can get by on gear, but you will be noticeably weaker than some one your level.

Stats right now is fairly complex, i reccomend as someone said, playing around with it yourself.
    some things to keep in mind
    your stats effect is capped per rank, for example, lets say you have 160 vit at level 1, you will probably only see the effect of 40 or something like that. (maybe this changed, but this was the old info they had early)

the exact effects are unknown, but
    str is physical dmg related
    int is magic dmg related
    mind is mp and magic defense
    dex is accuracy and evasion
    vit is hp and physical defense.

stats arent going to be as effective as direct bonuses, like items that give attack, evasion, defense accuracy directly. These are the most effective means of increasing your output, but they will have an effect.
    Difference between your level and the monsters level will reduce or increase whatever effects your stats generated. IE if you can do 120 damage to a level 40 rat in one hit, if you fight something higher, with the same stats, it will cut your damage by a %, but if all your gear sucks, you would have been doing 80 to that same rat, and for the higher monster that would also get cut.

looking at your post you may have just wanted to know what ratios to go for for archer, I would focus on dex and strength, but there isnt that much advantage to completly ignoring your other stats.
    (1)

Player

they way i look at it is... 1ffxi = 12ffxiv (my personal rule of thumb)

so...

to feel that juicy +5 in ffxi... you need to +60 in ffxiv ( 5 x 12).
    (0)
    ~~ To Thine Own Self be True ~~

Player
    Just put everything at 83 until they overhaul it.
    (0)