Player
    Character
    Makoto Ishutoki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Monk + Cross bar

Was wandering for all those gamepad / ps3 players how they setup there crossbars for monk. I have tried it a few different ways and for some reason something just feels off on mine. So I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some samples of how you have yours setup.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunther Fenrir
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    So for ps3 I find it kinda hard cycling through set one and set two for moves...
    So what I do personally is use only one set with my most effective moves.
    I start off with boot strike then twin snakes after demolisher or rockbreaker.
    I add steal peak when needed and howleing wind when its most effective.
    That's my cycle its effective for me,I see that the key with monk though is your buffs
    Internal realese and feather foot are great moves...but it all depends on you dude whatever way you feel is effective in combat do it!I mean common were monks...we rule :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayded Phoenixfire
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    you can ignore true strike and bootshine and not miss much dps. at the very least you can ignore true strike. when i'm relaxing on my ps3 i just use my 3 dots and dk>twinsnakes>snap punch it's probebly 80-90% of pc efficiency
    (0)
    Having every class to 50 is end game, also crafting the best gear in game is end game, maxing out you choco comanion is end game as well.
    -Meleena

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I posted this a while back. Had a few more skills since then but it should give you a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
    1st cross-bar:

2nd cross-bar:

The fists is activated less regularly so I like to put it there so I can change on the fly. The empty spots in first page is for Dragon Kick and One Ilm Punch. I plan to level up dragoon for Blood for Blood as well but that's what I got so far and it works great. Mantra and Perfect Balance will be on page 2 in buff section. Maybe change around for Howling Fist depends on how useful it is.
    Edit: to the post below, I've seen some time in highly congested FATEs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiva Beach
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I created a few macros for my rotation that I find works pretty well on the gamepad. I have my flank based abilities on circle & square, and my rear abilities on X/triangle. It's easier for me to remember this way as left/right for flank, up/down for rear.

I have Snap Punch+Twin Snakes on one macro, and Demolish+True Strike in another macro. You put Snap Punch/Demolish first in the macros so that they get executed if you're in the coeurl form, TS/TS if in raptor, and nothing otherwise. I then put the TS buttons in a flat action bar that I drag near the crossbar so I can see what step I'm at in the combo. I don't have dragon kick or bootshine in the macro because lag can cause them to get executed and screw up my rotation.

With this setup on only four buttons I can execute any of 6 abilities depending on situation & position. I also have my other cooldown abilities macro'd, like Mantra + Second Wind, Featherfoot+Keen Flurry, etc. I just button pound those to execute both abilities and save bar space.

Here's my Snap Punch/Twin Snakes macro, it's really pretty simple.

/ac "Snap Punch" <t>
    /ac "Twin Snakes" <t>

You will want to turn off command error messages in your chat log or you will spam yourself using these macros.
    (0)
    Last edited by Splitpea; 10-14-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chaosprime Zero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayded View Post
    you can ignore true strike and bootshine and not miss much dps. at the very least you can ignore true strike. when i'm relaxing on my ps3 i just use my 3 dots and dk>twinsnakes>snap punch it's probebly 80-90% of pc efficiency
    Most optimal rotations i see all use Boot shine and true strike though. They also give decentish buffs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiva Beach
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosPrimeZero View Post
    Most optimal rotations i see all use Boot shine and true strike though. They also give decentish buffs
    They don't give buffs, you're thinking of Dragon Kick & Twin Snakes. But Bootshine crits 100% of the time when behind target so used correctly it does more damage than DK.
    (0)
    Last edited by Splitpea; 10-15-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Blue Lightt
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Bootshine is worth it definitely. True strike is pretty meh though if your skill speed isn't very high.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosprime Zero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitpea View Post
    They don't give buffs, you're thinking of Dragon Kick & Twin Snakes. But Bootshine crits 100% of the time when behind target so used correctly it does more damage than DK.
    Right and TS adds a 5% crit rate no? or am i missing something here? Also from behind it has a higher potency than TwnS
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiva Beach
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosPrimeZero View Post
    Right and TS adds a 5% crit rate no? or am i missing something here? Also from behind it has a higher potency than TwnS
    The True Strike attack itself has a 5% higher crit rate when behind target but it's not a debuff or buff. But behind or to the side doesn't matter, it's always 150 potency.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast