Player
    Character
    Diren Rane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Whm Gear Guide?

Has anyone put one of these together? Or a place I can see Whm gear. Just hit 50 this week. Been spamming Ifrit to get the weapon but what after that? Im told my gear will not be good enough for AK yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcana Holo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I start running AK after I got my Ifrit weapon and ~1200 tomestone worth of DL, I don't think gears are that important for WHM in AK, but I don't want to be the under-geared one...
    And after I got 2-3 piece AK gears to replace the AF, I start farming Garuda.
    Now I'm just trying to get my 2nd quicktongue III and full DL to do Titan.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    You should probably be fine to heal AK, as long as people avoid AoEs in Demon Wall.

Getting to 50 I did a lot of dungeon runs, and had enough points to buy 9 potash, and craft a set of Vayna robes of Healing. I only got them because I really like how they look, and dislike Darklight - Plus as a Scholar I need Crit, so I slotted in a few Crit materia. Once you have the Vanya robes of Healing, start your Relic quest, and farm Garuda with a good group. With Garuda's book and the Robes, use some crafted jewelry and slot a rank III Vitality materia in each piece, and you'll have the necessary 1200+ health to do Titan, and get your Relic.

Or, just buy the Darklight robes and it'll push you up to the required number, probably.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shinonome Sanada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Gear really isn't as crucial for Amdapor Keep as a healer. They're mainly DPS checks, although you chipping in with Cleric Stance and some nukes can be incredibly helpful. Not that I'd expect a first-time healer to be doing such bold things, but it's an option if DPS proves to be lacking.

Though in general, some pointers I suppose...

Your relic should be a long-term goal. No-brainer, I guess. Start the questline if you haven't and check the Market board regularly for cheap Quicktongue III materia if you don't plan to Spiritbind gear yourself. While you're working towards the relic weapon, a cheap Madman's Whispering Rod will do fine and fulfill half the requirements for your relic prerequisite weapon. Once Amdapor Keep is done, you can buy a Grand Company Weapon that's nearly just as good as Ifrit's Cane, though you'll need a shield to go with it. Other than that, you can continue farming Ifrit/Garuda in hopes of a drop.

If you did some levelling through dungeons and finished the main scenario, use your Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy to get yourself either the Darklight Sash of Healing or any of the accessory/jewelry slots. If not, you can begin doing some Castrum Meridianum or Praetorium runs for a few quick Tomestones. Failing that, check the Market Board for Turquoise (Mind/Spell Speed) or Tourmaline (Mind/Piety) jewelry. I wouldn't be surprised if your accessories suck, and seeing as you already have a full set of Artifact gear, armour isn't that much of a priority.

Once Amdapor Keep is done, I suppose it's time to just start the long path towards a mix of Strategos and Darklight gear.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 85
    AF and an item level 55+ weapon are all you really need for AK as a healer IMO. Especially considering the place drops the level 60 armor sets that would be an upgrade. If you absolutely need an upgrade over AF, you could still make do with the crafted level 55 set, especially if it's HQ... and heck, you can actually make money spiritbinding those sets into materia as you do the many, many dungeon runs you'll be doing for endgame. The set in question is as follows:

Weapon: Madman's Whispering Rod
    Head: Imperial Operative Hat
    Body: Imperial Operative Dalmatica
    Hands: Militia Ringbands
    Waist: Militia Belt
    Legs: Militia Tights
    Feet: Militia Duckbills
    Ears: Militia Earrings

Fill in the remaining accessories with level 49 HQ crafted stuff, either Turquoise or Tourmaline depending on whether you prefer spell speed or MP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Panha Dhebi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    I totally Agree with Urth(Add Militia Choker). Not only will that set give you a chance for materia IV's which you can then turn around and reuse in you Vanya Head, Body, Hands, Hat. It will also be plenty to get you through AK and CM. I usually change to my Vanya stuff for Demon Wall. Comparing to the Darklight set you really need to look at numbers. I can see that Vanya Head, Body, Hands, and hat are clearly the better choice for gear espeicially once you start doing your overmelds. Since the legs cost so many mats it is probably just easier to get darklight since they give +27 Crit rate. Make sure to get an HQ Madman's as the stats a just a tad better. The Astral choker and Rose Gold Earrings are also very nice. If you use crafted accesories you can gain around 500 hp by capping the vit last on them or slotting an early IV. The darklight accesorries are really bad stat wise for WHM.

Edit: Also If you use all HQ items it will all be soulbound in 4 CM's.... I make 1 set a day or so and have been debating on making more lately. You can definately afford your vanya stuff if you just run CM for the mats and Convert before the 5 th run.
    (0)
    Last edited by RedMoko; 10-15-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Revii Lagoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You can heal AK with a lvl 44 GC weapon, full AF gear, and crafted accessories. Gear doesn't really matter that much for Ifrit, but on Garuda and above you should at least have some DL gear. As for item progression, it's a vertical linear progression, iLevel 60 is better than 50, 70 better than 60 ect.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aeris Gainsbrough
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I found this site when trying to find an answer to your question. It shows end game gear for every class

http://www.ign.com/wikis/final-fanta...Job_Quest_Sets
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/final-fanta...Darklight_Sets
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/final-fanta...Mythology_Sets

The way it works when hitting 50 is that your Job Quest is made to give you gear that will make you ready to do AK so you can start collecting dungeon gear.
    For healers, AK gear is pretty easy to spot; it's the only gear that allows you to "Need" it. Basically any gear that says "Strategos" is your healer gear. In doing AK and CM runs, you're collecting Philosophy Tomes so that you can buy the next set of gear- Darklight. Again, pretty easy to spot for healers because it says "Darklight blah blah of Healing".
    After Darklight, the only other sets you aim to collect are either the sets you buy with Mythology Tomes or if you're lucky enough to get coil drops.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyomi Dreamweaver
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 63
    Enter your characters name - kinda nifty
    http://xivarmory.com/
    (1)