Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Renzo Genji
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Having problems healing in AK as Scholar.

I full dark light and cant keep my party up during demon wall... Every other boss im good. However with demon wall I just cant keep up heals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Just keep Succor up and try to cleanse Slow from your pet if it gets it.

For the most part, any problems healing on that fight come from bad team-mates. If the Tank isn't dealing with the adds correctly or everyone can't avoid the AoEs, you'll have a lot of trouble.

In AK you should try and get used to having Cleric Stance up the entire instance and practice DPSing. It helps speed up the instance quite a bit and in Demon Wall in particular you can burn down the boss without having to really worry about the adds.
    (0)
    Last edited by Garnatian; 10-14-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Krisstina Silverymoon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Place Eos in the middle right in front of the wall. Every time it gets push back, replace it. If it gets slow casting debuff, cleance it. Eos will take care most of the healing for you.

After 2 bees, place it on the wall.By doing so, It will pass through the wall and never get puch back anymore...
    If ur party doing ok, u shouldnt need to do much of healing urself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I actually had the same problem my first few times. The problem is the Bees, and people standing in the AOEs. If everyone avoids them there isn't much AoE healing to worry about, but that isn't the case, especially considering a lot of people tend to ignore the bees and just focus the boss, making our job that much harder. We have to dodge the line attacks and stop healing, watch out for AoE circles on top of us and again stop healing, and then try to cure up everyone who is getting hit by said AoEs, all the while constantly moving.

Discuss the boss strategy beforehand, and maybe tell them as a Scholar you have a difficult time healing large AoE damage, and to burn the bees with a limit or something
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctrin Noire
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    How i do demon wall: I don't place my pet, but i keep it on steady. I just keep cleric stance on until the push back, as soon as i move away from the last dark tile, i can cast succor 2-3 times depending on need. Generally, you only need 2. One before the push, and one that if timed properly will hit the instant after.

Other than that, just use a lustrate when needed. When bees spawn, i use rouse and let my pet blow all cool-downs starting from ?fey light ( the +20% healing). And throw up a succor. Then i resume dps on the wall and just use a lustrate when needed. If you have a decent group, by the time rouse ends, you should finish the fight or kill the bees.

If you need to heal a lot, people are probably bad and it's not your fault. As mentioned above, other than the pushback, you should not be healing; your pet should do most of it.

The pet placement is more preference, if you place it, it will get a few more heals off, but eat the slow more often and you have to bring it back. I find that i don't need the extra heals.. worst case i'll just throw a swiftcast succor if i feel i need to.

The whole instance is really easy as long as people know the fights.

For anyone nervous, just watch the vids for the fights on youtube. I did fine on my first attempt and i don't consider myself god's gift to healing or anything. Just be careful on the last boss as it debuffs your tank reducing healing and the debuff is hidden (if you see your heal sucking, just esuna/leeches), also don't stay stacked to make sure you notice when boss puts ball on you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Noctrin; 10-14-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kafziel Eihn
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    With the exception of when bees are up, demon wall should not be a healing intensive fight (assuming people don't stand in purple). Generally, when groups take tons of damage they are 1. standing in purple or 2. not killing bees quickly.

With my group (good dps) I cleric stance and dps the entire time. I leave healing to fairy, lustrate, and the occasional succor while repel is casting. I also don't micro pet at all. If I run with less good dps then I leave cleric stance and finish the fight healing if needed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Firestorm
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I play a SCH and I can tell you if you cant keep your party up its their fault. The demon wall isn't a heal intense fight its a don't stand In the wrong place fight. If you have limit break your dps should lm one of the bees and the tanks pick up the other. The tank has no real job since the wall doesn't move and its attacks are aoe. Pretty much just keep Soccor up and drop sacred ground on repel and bees. Another good tip is on the bee phase don't drop heals right off. Wait until the tank has a bit of agro. Fight should be easy after that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bobo Zint
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I only equip 2 DK gears (body + legs), AK gears, Relic Weapon, ilvl48-49 crafted accessories, and I can heal at Demon Wall fight very easily.

- use EOS, order your pet to "Steady", so it won't use Whispering Wind randomly. I never care her posotion but always leech her if she got Slow debuff.
    Place command is not recommend for me because we have to re-place her everytime after repel, and she will still get debuff anyway.

- Focus on using "Succor", imo SCH healing at Demon Wall is super easy bcoz of Succor.
    I just pop it at the start of the fight, then Cleric Stance > DoTs (Miasma, Bio2, Bio, Aero), then switch back if party member need heals.
    Easy Mode: Succor every 5 seconds.

- Repel, After 2 set of poison floor (1set = 1middle, 1side) Demon Wall will use Repel, use Sacred Soil and Succor.

- Bees, Use Rouse -> Whispering Wind = easy mode healing even with those bees alive.
    and Remember !!!!!!!!! Always Leech yourself first and asap if you get palaryzed/slow.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Penny Dreadful
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I have Cleric Stance up and focus on keeping DoTs up on the boss until after the 2nd Repel; once the bees spawn, I turn off Cleric Stance and spam Succor as necessary. Unless people are really dropping the ball and getting hit by Liquefy a lot, keeping them healed isn't particularly hard even without DL armor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvanna Soonkyu
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I've never healed during Demon Wall... Boss always dies before the 2nd repel
    (0)
    Synapse | Tonberry
    http://www.synapse-guild.com

chusanは私の神様です

Sylvanna Soonkyu
    http://www.xivarmory.com/character/2437832

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast