Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80

My story with SE support service

It had been more than a week nearly 2 after I requested support from SE about an ingame problem I encounter.

First, I sent the support ticket via "Mail" and got no reply.

After that I tried to contract SE "Live Support" & player help on the forum . They said they cannot help me and told me to contracted "Support Desk". And I contract "Support Desk", and got a mail say I need to "Post it on the forum".

And so I did, and I did not know where to post so I posted it on "Generals" for player assist, "Technical Support" and "Bug Section" and it end up in "Duplicate Bug". And I send a second mail to SE

And today, I write this post, my problem did not get solve or address neither do I get any reply from SE about the 2nd mail I sent.

And today, someone in the forum will tell me to call SE, but here is my problem, I can write english & engrish but that does not mean I can speak, and why do I need to call to SE for support ? isnt the mail & live chat are there so I can contract support easy with ease and get my problem fix ?

If any of you currious about my problem, here it is:

As you can see, I have 2 Warrior AF boots, each character can only have 1 of those item but I have 2, so my request for support from SE is to remove 1 of them, and I know this is possible because it is simply database delete, just like player vendor or discard an item.

And if you ask why I did not discard the item, the answr is because I CAN´T, SE did suck an AMAZING FEATURE that you CANNOT discard AF, but you CAN discard other blue item like primal weapons.

End of the line: This is the first time I contract SE for support, and I am sure some of the money I pay go to support as well, might not be much but some of the %. My first time experience is horrible, it is worst than F2P game support I played (Perfect World). In Perfect World I can request support easy, and if I send the request to the wrong area of support, they will tell me that I send to the wrong support and they have send it to the right place, compare to SE support : no we cannot help you, go there for help->no we cannot help you either, go there for help-> silence.....

sorry for my bad english & bad grammar
    (1)
    Last edited by Shneibel; 10-12-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thrice Taru
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It's a good feature that you can't accidentally delete your AF gear. I don't know why you found it necessary to post it on here, nothing that we can do about it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tremara Ryne
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Just store the second one in the amoury-chest of your Guestroom.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tremara View Post
    Just store the second one in the amoury-chest of your Guestroom.
    you mean Aimorie, there is 1 in there already if you did take a look at the pic, and just store it on Armory or retainer or inventory does not fix the issue, the issue here is the problem remain after contract support for more than a week
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evangela Monterossa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    can you turn it into a materia?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alcyon Densetsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Terrible customer support.

Instead of making you bounce from mail to support desk to wherever, they should just have told you: "This is a known problem, however we don't have a solution right now. We are working on it and will let you know when there's a fix. In the meantime, know that you can store one of these duplicates in your armoire; also that the problem will not occur if you happen to have your old AF gear in your inventory when you complete the quest for any job in FF XIV: ARR. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding."

Then keep your email somewhere, along with anyone's who contacted them for this kind of issue, and send a mailing list of the new "discard" (or whatever) fix once it's available in-game (probably in a few weeks/months).
    "Dear <name>, you contacted us about duplicate AF gear some time ago. We're letting you know that you can now discard one of these by right-clicking on the item and selecting "discard". We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding."

Customer Support 101: give information as clearly and fast as possible, and give hints/workarounds, should they exist. Then never forget about people who contacted you and follow-up on their issues. Apologize every step of the way. Never try to "lose them" in a maze of various desks that should, first and foremost, all communicate internally on players/issues.

Alas... I don't think SE has any clue about any of that.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alcyon_Densetsu; 10-12-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    “Focus on the journey, not the destination.
    Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyon_Densetsu View Post
    text
    wow...you did read all the text, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Evangela View Post
    can you turn it into a materia?
    no, it is not possible

I also had tried 1.0 method as you release retainer and lost all your item, it did not work either
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grynh Lynh
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 57
    Again, anyone arguing with the OP is missing the point. This shouldn't take 2 weeks to resolve. That is the issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazaran Leeman
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    They are short staffed trying to build a ggood gm and support service. SE is scrupulous with their screening process for applicants. Hopefully they will get new staff on board soon.
    (0)