Player
    Character
    Alma Wyndsong
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Ifrit Infernal Nails W/O Mage

So I'm pretty new to endgame content at this point, made it to 50 about three weeks ago, but then spent two weeks leveling Lancer for BfB, so I've been doing it for about a week.

With Ifrit, I'm at 3/5 and one of those losses was due to a bad healer, but the other was because we had no mage to LB on the nails and despite trying 5 different strategies, we could never do enough damage to survive Hellfire.

I know there's probably ways to handle the nails that doesn't involve a SMN/BLM Limit Break, so I'm curious what's worked for other groups.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eibari Namu
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 86
    What I've done when there's no AOE LB is to LB3 the first nail (usually the one directly behind Ifrit across the map because you can get on the back side of it and not get hit by knock back) and then beat down two other nails with simple DPS. By the time you have only the last nail you'll have another LB3 to use on it and that should get you past nails.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcana Holo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I did this once without BLM/SMN. We just kill 3 of the nails without using LB, and get tank to use his LB3 just b4 Hellfire come.
    Everyone in the party survived.
    And for my above post, I highly doubt that you can get the second LB3 by just kill 2 nails.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eibari View Post
    What I've done when there's no AOE LB is to LB3 the first nail (usually the one directly behind Ifrit across the map because you can get on the back side of it and not get hit by knock back) and then beat down two other nails with simple DPS. By the time you have only the last nail you'll have another LB3 to use on it and that should get you past nails.
    A big thing to note is that DPS needs to be focused on 1 nail at a time. If DPS is spread out there's no way you'll get them in time (I've experienced this a few times before.) LB3 the rear nail, mark one, all DPS should focus that nail. 1 or both healers should as well
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hidden Dragon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    as long as the dps are focusing them down and using the two lbs in that phase it should get downed no problem without a mage

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaloid View Post
    I did this once without BLM/SMN. We just kill 3 of the nails without using LB, and get tank to use his LB3 just b4 Hellfire come.
    Everyone in the party survived.
    And for my above post, I highly doubt that you can get the second LB3 by just kill 2 nails.
    there isn't a 2nd lb3 in that phase, however, if melee lb3 is used as soon as the nails spawn, lb2 will be available before he jumps up to hellfire
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alma Wyndsong
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Thanks for all the tips everyone! Think what went wrong is while I LB3'ed the nearest nail the other DPS just targeted two other nails at random and then told me to LB1 the last one.

Next time I'll recommend someone in the group number the nails so DPS can focus on the non-LB nails one at a time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Muffins
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    We had a party before that didn't use a LB at all, we managed to get all the nails down. Admittingly as everyone was about DPS'ing I was in Cleric Stance using Holy on two nails for what I could as well.

Surprised we did it, but we did it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uriel Sinclair
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    My strategy is usually LB first nail Directly under Ifrit while one person is doing that LB the rest of the DPS is moving clockwise working on the rest of the nails then you LB the very last nail with enough dps and a quick LB you have just enough time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Yesterday we got 3 nails down then did Tank LB3 and everyone lived with half HP or more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adun Centennial
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Melee DPS LB3 first nail(behind boss) --> break 2nd nail and 3rd nail with normal dps(on the left and far behind of boss) --> melee DPS LB1 last nail (on the right of boss)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast