Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageofwar View Post
    I wish I could defend Titan HM so that I can get my SMN relic.
    Just can't find the right DF group to kill him (not asking for Titan HM to be nerf).

main issue seams to be the Heart phase (and once we fail 1st time someone always leaves).
    Well managed to get a Win with a pick up group

1 tank, 1 healer and the rest of the pt as DPS
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Irisa Phoenix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichigo View Post
    ^^This.

Not all of us paid for their clears or had FC's that could rally up a fully geared and knowledgeable party. Alot of us had to learn every fight from the ground up.
    ... <Stuff> ...
    Love your comment. All I see here are a bunch of elitist/pro gamers that for one reason or another had it easy and now want to nerf the experience for the rest of us.

The game is out only for 2 months or so, Relic +1 is definitely not be the final weapon by a long shot.

Will you all feel better, if they change it's name to "Semi-Relic" because all I see is people that are unhappy that the majority of semi-hardcore and a few casuals are able to also get this "best" weapon.

Do you all need some outward status symbol to differentiate your elite status from the masses? Does not knowing that much of what other people consider hard is "easy" for you the pros not enough?

Maybe a Relic Pro weapon with more glittering special effects? That takes way longer to get, but gives the same stats or maybe abit more?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by gadenp View Post
    All I see here are a bunch of elitist/pro gamers that for one reason or another had it easy and now want to nerf the experience for the rest of us.
    1) I would class myself more as a casual gamer as I only get to play 4 hours a day on a weekday

2) I'm not asking for Titan HM to be Nerf. Mind you as I haven't gone into Coils yet, I fear Titan HM is only the tip of the iceberg in difficultly, I mean Coil Turn 5 hasn't been done yet without exploit.

3) There does seam to be a lot of Jerks in the game (elitist) on the higher level content.

4)
    Do you all need some outward status symbol to differentiate your elite status from the masses?
    Me no.

5)
    Maybe a Relic Pro weapon with more glittering special effects?
    Give SE time, they have already done this a number of times on FFXI
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Parry Lyndon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches View Post
    There is NO NEED to farm the easiest primal, Ifrit, for his weapon, because it is NOT NEEDED.
    It's called END GAME content, they are SIDEquests. None of them is needed, not even the game is needed in your life. Why are you playing that? Because you like THE GAME, not the way the game forces you.
    I don't want to be forced to fight, I want to have a good fight.
    99% of the MMO players are dumbasses like "got the strong weapon, look at me, nothing to do here anymore".
    I am something like "screw the weapon, that Titan is tough, let's PuG him!"
    Why should things be even needed in a game? You should have your time to relax and calculate on your own what you think you need for the next fight, like "I only have AF1, but I can beat Titan because I tried it and it's not difficult to avoid aoes", not like "oh no I can't do Titan because the fight requirements are full DL gear, ilv70 weapon, experience, 4000 HPs, less than 100 lbs weight and a C bra size!"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Veurr Vonhealinsmiten
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think its fine that they are nerfing. Most of the ultra hardcore have beaten all the content at this point. Let the more casual players win now. Even with coil. Ok we beat it while it was hard great But now we are just farming gear. Most groups are clearing in an hour or so anyway. So who cares.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Veurr View Post
    I think its fine that they are nerfing. Most of the ultra hardcore have beaten all the content at this point. Let the more casual players win now. Even with coil. Ok we beat it while it was hard great But now we are just farming gear. Most groups are clearing in an hour or so anyway. So who cares.
    Sure, i've beaten titan dozens of times now. Doesn't mean I want it nerfed. I really enjoy the fight.

I was in an FC progression group, we put in over 60 hours of wiping to learn it. We didnt' watch vids or read strats, we just did fun old progression. It was wonderful I was so pumped when we won, very satisfying. Nothing since has taken us as long to get (not even by 1/10th, even in coils except 5 ofc). The way your get a fc full of knowledgeable people with relics to carry others is to have that first group of 8 do progression.

I love going in on my secondary classes, I really enjoy pursuing all the other relics (currently working on 8th).

I like that by the time you do all teh quests and the primals and titan, youa ctually mostly know how to play the class.

I hate the 900 phil stone requirement. Takes longer than the fights :/

Titan seems impossible it first. It feels like lag is the devil and se is trying to troll you. Once you really understand it though, and realize its not lag (formost people) but jsut the way attack hit is determiend and how to play based off that, you'll find yourself executing the fight flawlessly and feeling super pro. Especially as healer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eiz Zvahk
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Time and dedication, kid.
    Adults have a work and a social life and they usually come home late and have few hours to play.
    You want this game to be addressed only to students and unemployed people like XI used to be? just say so.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Veurr Vonhealinsmiten
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I enjoy Titan too but I also understand that the majority of players have less skill,less time and less experience to make something like Titan possible for them. I'd rather see it nerfed than sold.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiz View Post
    Time and dedication, child.
    Adults have a work and a social life and they usually come home late and have few hours to play.
    You want this game to be addressed only to students and unemployed people like XI used to be? just say so.
    I have full time employment, avid hobbies and a significant other. This doesn't mean I expect the hard content of the game to be tailored to me. If you cannot/willnot allocate time to learn and compelte hard content, why do you feel like it ought to be available to you?

There is plenty of content in the game for more casual players (leveling, crafting, ifrit and garuda, dungeons, etc) who have smaller chunks of time to play. Also, if you set up a raid schedule for one or two nights a week, its not at all hard to chip away at harder stuff, esepcialy if your group is willing to research ahead of time (say during a break at work, stuck in the dmv, etc) rather than plowing ahead into the unknown like we did.

There should also be rewards for those players that want to invest more time (1.0 luminarys, coils, relics, etc).

OR: Introduce a nerfed version of the fight that will finish the relic quest, but the version you get is ilvl70. (Gives fusedore instead of Hyperfused ore yo). Casuals still get the shiny, "xcore yo" get teh slightly better shiny. Nerf could be the fight as it is, slightly less hp on heart (30%?) and rockslide doesn't do knock back. You still learn all the mechanics, but its much less damading and "laggy players" can't get knocked off. Any class can survive a single sand hit, so spreading out would make it possible to just heal through sands if theyr'e an issue.
    (1)
    Last edited by PiedPiper; 10-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Navi Swiftstrike
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    I have full time employment, avid hobbies and a significant other. This doesn't mean I expect the hard content of the game to be tailored to me. If you cannot/willnot allocate time to learn and compelte hard content, why do you feel like it ought to be available to you?
    This question has been answered many times over at WoW. The directors eventually agreed that content needs to be INclusive rather than EXclusive. Everyone plays the game, for one reason or another, it may not be the same as you. Everyone also pays for the game, just the same as you, should you get exclusive content b/c you managed to find a good group? Should people be excluded because they didn't have the opportunity to join a group or wanted to play solo?
    (4)

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast