Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mythic Rose
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    It's not easy until 90% of the DF groups (all complete randoms) clear hardmode Titan in a single shot like Ifrit and Grauda. If anything, it's the relic +1 that is too easy.
    (2)
    Error 3102 Survivor

Player
    Character
    Trance Paradinefellow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryppen View Post
    Considering they call them RELIC weapons, they sort of should be difficult to obtain, which by definition limits them to a select few who have earned them, emphasis on earned. If you give everything to everyone, what is even the point in playing? Rewards should be commensurate with the effort required to obtain them and the best weapon aught to be a serious pain in the arse to get.

All players wish for the feeling of gratification that you get from successfully completing something difficult, why should only mediocre players feel this which is what will happen when everything is easy. Some people may feel good about winning a hollow victory, but I don't.

I don't like to work hard at games. I work hard to get somewhere in life.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Ono
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigmfellow View Post
    I don't like to work hard at games. I work hard to get somewhere in life.
    So you're essentially saying you want to be handed everything in the game? Why not play a F2P -buy items mmo then? Instant gratification at the cost of what you'd pay in your monthly sub in FF. Have fun!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trance Paradinefellow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahlimits View Post
    So you're essentially saying you want to be handed everything in the game? Why not play a F2P -buy items mmo then? Instant gratification at the cost of what you'd pay in your monthly sub in FF. Have fun!
    Yes pretty much and no, I hate F2P games. They have a lot of problems and that is why I pay for the subscription. However, I will not buy items with real money. That is just stupid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Ono
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigmfellow View Post
    Yes pretty much and no, I hate F2P games. They have a lot of problems and that is why I pay for the subscription. However, I will not buy items with real money. That is just stupid.
    Well, good luck with that. Relic's are basically handed out as it is. I wouldn't expect it to get any easier from here on out. If you want to be handed everything, there are FC's that will run you through all primals for 300k+ gil. And considering you have your relic +1 already, not sure why you're even saying all this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Noahlimits; 10-18-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Trance Paradinefellow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahlimits View Post
    Well, good luck with that. Relic's are basically handed out as it is. I wouldn't expect it to get any easier from here on out. If you want to be handed everything, there are FC's that will run you through all primals for 300k+ gil. And considering you have your relic +1 already, not sure why you're even saying all this.
    I just wanted to voice my opinion because there are others that are like me. I play a game to relax and escape the stress that life causes. I hate stressing out in something that gives no real life rewards. I already work hard to get where I want to be in life and I need something to reflect on my experiences, gaming does that to me (I also workout).

I am not asking it to be easier (except Titan, he needs to be nerfed in my opinion). I actually appreciate that they made it easier (compared to 1.0). There was no way I was going to get a relic in 1.0.
    (0)
    Last edited by paradigmfellow; 10-18-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blue Lightt
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    You should probably stay away from mmo's then. Most times something worth having in these types of games you have to put a little effort into. Lots of people work and have families and still enjoy having to put effort into the game to get something out of it (like I do).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trance Paradinefellow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Subucnimorning View Post
    You should probably stay away from mmo's then. Most times something worth having in these types of games you have to put a little effort into. Lots of people work and have families and still enjoy having to put effort into the game to get something out of it (like I do).
    I like how MMOs continues and doesn't really end. This is the only MMO that I have been able to stick with and has given me very little problems (except Titan, he was a pain).
    (0)

Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Pretty much, I'd saying getting Titan weapons may be actually than getting relic itself, lol.

So many people these days get relic without having a clue on how the fight works, I helped for so many Titans, and so many times I found DPS who just die after the heart phase and keep dieyng after many raises. The non-competitive nature of the game allow people to get carried since there is virtually almost no competition until coil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hououin Kyouma
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by mythicrose View Post
    It's not easy until 90% of the DF groups (all complete randoms) clear hardmode Titan in a single shot like Ifrit and Grauda. If anything, it's the relic +1 that is too easy.
    ^^This.

Not all of us paid for their clears or had FC's that could rally up a fully geared and knowledgeable party. Alot of us had to learn every fight from the ground up.

Took me a while to learn Ifrit on my own. Lots of parties with other people that were learning...lots of wipes.
    Took me a while to get a competent party for Chimera and to learn the mechanics.
    The Garuda fight was easier for me because I actually did have my FC walk me through it.
    Titan I haven't attempted yet because I'd like to gear up for it. Regardless of whether I absolutely need to or not, I like to do my part in being at least moderately equipped for the task I'm about to participate in. I'm already on the 2nd week of gearing.

Getting my relic will feel accomplishing to ME because I had to put effort into it. Those that are saying it's easy are MMO prodigys, bought their way through their fights, had an FC help them throughout, got extremely lucky, or any combination of those.

It might be nice if some of you elaborate on what could be changed to make it more difficult/challenging/rewarding/exclusive etc. Cuz right now all I see is a bunch of subjective comments rating "difficulty" based on the resources people had available to them for their relic quest.
    (1)

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast