Player
    Character
    Tear Grant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by gadenp View Post
    I just hope that extreme primals do not give better stat gear. That will in the end force the rest of us to also attempt to do them for said gear that elitist will scream "NEED THAT GEAR or HECK OFF".

I do not mind it giving the same gear that says (EXTREME Version) with a different colour scheme or something or some stupid pet or so. But gear with better stats, will be a big turn off for me.

It will be like a nerf for the majority. Ever time new endgame better stats gear comes out in an MMO, I feel that I am getting nerfed. Hopefully FF14 does not follow that pattern.

Alternative gear is great, better gear each expansion per year or so great. But better gear, just for some extreme/hard mode to cater to the 1% elitists ... that is crap.
    You clearly have an issue with linear progression MMOs. You should probably not play FFXIV at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Irisa Phoenix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuni View Post
    You clearly have an issue with linear progression MMOs. You should probably not play FFXIV at all.
    Yea I got issues with Linear gear progression

I am ok if gear progression is gradual and anticipated, not fast and ruthless. I am casual that like to at least be able to smell top gear. If gear comes faster then a casual ability to at least keep up, that kills a lot of enjoyment for me (and I think a lot of others).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I wish I could defend Titan HM so that I can get my SMN relic.
    Just can't find the right DF group to kill him (not asking for Titan HM to be nerf).

main issue seams to be the Heart phase (and once we fail 1st time someone always leaves).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soraan Lutece
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageofwar View Post
    I wish I could defend Titan HM so that I can get my SMN relic.
    Just can't find the right DF group to kill him (not asking for Titan HM to be nerf).

main issue seams to be the Heart phase (and once we fail 1st time someone always leaves).
    Never use DF for Titan HM. Look for shouts on your server or make your own party. The chance of you winning Titan HM in a DF group is insanely small.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    What is the point in having Ifrit/Garuda/Titan weapons when it usually takes 5-10 runs of them to get your weapon, when you only have to do them once each to get your relic?

I started out as a brand new level 50, and I got my relic in two days of light playing, without even knowing how to obtain it beforehand. I ran dungeons to level to 50 so I had enough Tomes to get the materials to make myself a Vanya robe of Healing, so I had that as soon as I hit 50. I also made myself Erudite's healing book, and had multitudes of rank III materia waiting for me because I didn't know which it took, and I spiritbond a lot. I got one or two FC friends to help me out with Chimera, Hydra, Ifrit and Garuda, pugged the rest, and did that all in a day. Then I was told I need 3200+ health for Titan, so I joined a group for Garuda and got my Scholar's book the first try. I slotted one rank III Vitality materia into all my jewelry except my Neck piece because it was a dungeon drop, and has no materia slots. The next day I did Titan in a Pug.

95% of everything I did was done the same day I hit 50, and I ONLY got Garuda's weapon because it was a requirement for Titan. There was literally ZERO need to go for Ifrit's, and I sure as hell won't be going for Titan's unless I can find a really good farming group. After all that I farmed Ifrit because I really love the way the book looks, and my friend wanted his weapon for the looks as well, but that is the only reason I got it.

So yea, the Relic is WAY too easy to get. It make everything before it pointless to use. For Scholars/Summoners, what about the 2 star crafted weapons? What use do those have?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hououin Kyouma
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    More posts throwing around the word "Easy" as if we're all full-time MMO junkies with nothing better to do. I guess something is wrong with the rest of us that actually find these fights challenging.

And if they're nerfing HM's...it's probably so they can scale the EXTREME modes (patch 2.1) appropriately. Left that bit out didn't you OP?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hououin Kyouma
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches View Post
    stuff
    >>Has level 50 Craft for gearing
    >>Has FC that can throw together competent (and probably geared parties) within a moment's notice for Chimera, hydra, Ifrit, and Garuda.
    >>Got Scholar book on first attempt with Garuda
    >>Says it's easy.

You're like the guy who goes through school with straight A's without studying, gets college paid for by the parents, then gets a job with his uncle's million dollar Fortune 100 company and says that "life is easy".

You realize that your journey to Relic is NOTHING like the majority?

-Most people don't have crafts at 50 that they can just make/buy their own end game gear. So they run Ifrit/dungeons/farm Tomes to gear up for the progressive Relic fights. I personally set a goal of at least obtaining Ifrit's weapon before I attempted Garuda. Guess what. Took me 30+ tries to even SEE the damn Cudgel. I wasn't handed my weapon by some badass lucky RNG like you were.

-Most people don't have FC's they can just snap their fingers at and have a full party ready and willing to go into those fights.

-Most people don't get their HM weapons on the first drop.

You need a reality check.
    (4)
    Last edited by Nichigo; 10-18-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichigo View Post
    More posts throwing around the word "Easy" as if we're all full-time MMO junkies with nothing better to do. I guess something is wrong with the rest of us that actually find these fights challenging.

And if they're nerfing HM's...it's probably so they can scale the EXTREME modes (patch 2.1) appropriately. Left that bit out didn't you OP?
    Look there's no need for attacks. We're not saying anybody is bad or we're great for getting them. Maybe easy was the wrong word, even though it is true. You obtain it too early, without any need to use any weapon with lower stats first. There is NO NEED to farm the easiest primal, Ifrit, for his weapon, because it is NOT NEEDED. You can go straight to farming Garuda because it's a fight that doesn't require Ifrit's weapon, or any gear level to complete it. And the only reason you need Garuda's weapon is so you can enough health for Titan, that's all.

After all that, there is STILL no need to try to get Titan's weapon, because after you beat him once, you have your relic. They made it too easy to obtain, without requiring lower item level gear. They made items that literally have zero purpose in the game, other than to show off the looks, or proof that you got it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Say What
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephyrx View Post
    Relics shouldn't be available to ONLY a select few super hardcore raiders. Considering it's a huge improvement to DPS/HPS..
    On the contrary I've seen a million and one threads about how Titan is too difficult for various reasons. I think you came here just to stroke your e-peen.
    Considering they call them RELIC weapons, they sort of should be difficult to obtain, which by definition limits them to a select few who have earned them, emphasis on earned. If you give everything to everyone, what is even the point in playing? Rewards should be commensurate with the effort required to obtain them and the best weapon aught to be a serious pain in the arse to get.

All players wish for the feeling of gratification that you get from successfully completing something difficult, why should only mediocre players feel this which is what will happen when everything is easy. Some people may feel good about winning a hollow victory, but I don't.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    5 is doable I think (Tank, healer, 3xDPS), but 4 I really doubt it although I'd like to see someone try it..

You're probably going to need L2 or 3 limit break to take down the heart which you will have to build up before, you'll need a BRD for ballad as MP usage will get worse as the fight goes on just surviving stomps.

The biggest problem I think will be Granite Gaol, if your healer gets it then 2 DPS might struggle to break them out quickly enough (while avoiding Landslide aswell) to be able to get the tank healed up before Rock > Mountain Buster, not to mention that stomps are immediately after this.
    Paladin + Dragoon + Bard + Scholar, Build two bars of lb before first jump. I think it would be hard but doable for a FC that's currently doing Coil progression with several pieces of i90 spread around. Would get dicy near the final stomps depending on speed.

@ Titan being easy: The thing is, once you understand the fight, it really is. Titan is a great fight to motivate a FC to be built and get into progression. Even casual FC's should be able to learn and win the fight with a few 3 hour sessions. Is it as easy as garuda? No, garu can be done in 4 min where all the ranged dps and healers hardly ever take a step. Titan isn't quite that trivial. That said, he's not so hard as to warrant a nerf.

@ Relic bein easy: yeah, it is. Its silly that it takes longer to pay for it (earn 900 tomes) than do win all the fights for it. Really, the 900 point cost is the only reason i'm at 7/9 instead of 9/9.
    (0)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast