Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    On that note... Archer's with Status effect arrows... and the arrow stays visible on the MOB until the status effect wears off
    Reduced AOE range is something I've never heard suggested but I love that...
    Arrows with different effects were part of the original plan for the game, they were never included though. Hell I think you can even still see it on the official FFXIV site lol. Status arrows would be good, or any ranged class dealing status effects would be nice.

Reduction of AoE radius was kind of in Monster Hunter with the tail swipe. If you cut the tail off, the radius would be reduced due to the now smaller tail. It wasn't super noticable but in some cases you could tell it was definitely reduced.
    (0)

Seems like there are myths spreading about incapacitation increasing drop rates? Sounds like a bully beating up a kid for his lunch money to me. Unfortunately, this is in fact only a myth.

Below are the true effects of incapacitation:
    • Enfeebles the enemy
    • Prevents the enemy from using special abilities
    • Alters the materials that are obtainable after defeat (depends on the incapacitation)
    (41)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Yep. What people want to increase drop rate would be the introduction of the Abyssea Stagger system, which some people seem to hate since they hate forcing items, key items, gear and etc to drop..for some reason.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    Arrows with different effects were part of the original plan for the game.
    Got a link to support this?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Got a link to support this?
    The only thing that was mentioned were different arrow types would be useful in different situations, much like in FFXI you had Slashing/Piercing/Blunt etc that had obvious pros and cons on certain enemies, but in FFXIV due to the way the stats work in this game it's barely noticable currently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Seems like there are myths spreading about incapacitation increasing drop rates? Sounds like a bully beating up a kid for his lunch money to me. Unfortunately, this is in fact only a myth.

• Enfeebles the enemy
    • Alters the materials that are obtainable after defeat (depends on the incapacitation)
    Can you say without exception that every incap in the game definitely does one of these three things?
    And if most are just enfeebling effects... is the enfeeble drastic?
    Lastly... will they be more visual in the future?
    (2)

7. 03-30-2012 03:38 AM

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Can you say without exception that every incap in the game definitely does one of these three things?
    And if most are just enfeebling effects... is the enfeeble drastic?
    Lastly... will they be more visual in the future?
    + dunno if it's only on JP version but incap info isn't displayed on the action help message, you have to actually know it or check the Lodestone to find out...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    + dunno if it's only on JP version but incap info isn't displayed on the action help message, you have to actually know it or check the Lodestone to find out...
    English client is the same way... I hope incap system is still a priority in the new battle system
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    The only thing that was mentioned were different arrow types would be useful in different situations, much like in FFXI you had Slashing/Piercing/Blunt etc that had obvious pros and cons on certain enemies, but in FFXIV due to the way the stats work in this game it's barely noticable currently.
    They went into detail and listed out the different arrow types and everything. I'm at work atm and am blocked from most every gaming site.. but I believe it was originally posted on the official ffxiv.com or ffxiv.en.com or something like that. This was around the initial launch but I remember checking up on the site a few months back and the same old information was still there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adri Takamorita
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

• Enfeebles the enemy
    way to ruin some hope.. Yoshi-p or someone was discussing the many many myth/theories and strictly told us that he was not going to say anything because he wants the players to believe in what they believe to provide some hope and motivation lol
    (0)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast