World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

[Discussion] Upcoming Hot Fix

hello,

as we can't reply on the original thread, let's discuss it here
    here's the hot fix:
    • Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
    • Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
    • The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
    • The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
    • Implementation of a population cap for each field.
    • Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
    • The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
    • User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.
    there are some interesting points such as AK issue, dungeon difficulty, tomestone reward, and zone cap

Player
    Character
    Ein Ara
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    What does he mean by "Implementation of a population cap for each field."???
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Makoto Edakumi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    My questions is the Tomes. I wanna know where and how many. Also new World-Servers aren't going to help a congested Instance-Server with limited AK slots. They need to double or triple the number of AK, or in the case of the coming hotfix for whatever drop more Tomes, until they raise the level cap or at least until patch 2.1 where Crystal Tower comes out.

Also wanna know how to UNBIND something... I SB my Giantsgall Trident a week or two ago, and it's been unbound for about half as long...
    (0)
    Last edited by MaethusXion; 10-11-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

^^

Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
    ok
    Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
    great! finally!
    The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
    we will see what it means
    The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
    awesome, I can stop doing CM/AK right now ^^
    Implementation of a population cap for each field.
    Not sure what that means
    Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
    To spread bot locations?
    The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
    YES!
    User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.
    ok
    (13)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Jamius Darkholme
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm happy with all these changes, tho I admit I'm not entirely sure what they mean when they say "Implementation of a population cap for each field." Is it going to start spawning "instances" when there are too many people in a zone, or just not let you in?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazek Natasch
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronic View Post
    Something tells me they are freaking screwing up again with this one, If im to read it right it means you wont be able to zone into a "full" area. Probably will zone you back into previous area and state that area is too full. Maybe channels but i can see big bugs with that if your ina group or looking for a group... might end up being more of a pain...

Probably assumptions, but if im right... gg bots will fill up half those spaces. *rubs head*

And the forums are going to be very pissed off, lets hope im wrong.
    (9)
    Last edited by ArcheustheWise; 10-11-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zen Endymion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    i think each zone/map will be capped for a certain number of players
    if it's full, you can't enter it
    i think the purpose is to accommodate odin and behemoth fates

Player
    Character
    N'hara Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I'm guessing a temporary fix for the whole "Odin FATE crashes the server because everyone is there" situations that Hyperion recently had, until such time as SE can fix them properly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amarah Barrett
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They don't mean world servers.. they mean servers for handling instances. AK takes so long because all of the servers assigned to run the instance get full from so many people farming it. Adding more servers will allow them to run more instances of AK.

Allowing tomes to be a acquired from other places will also alleviate the demand for constant AK farming.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Adelfia Balfegar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Population Cap for each zone = channels ?

Miner/Botanist Exp increase = YES!

More Tomes per runs and more places where to get them = Yeah!
    (2)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast