Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51

Titan Hard Mode Lagg

Now I am fully expecting flames here, let me just get that straight first off lol.

But I am just a bit sick of the lagg in the Titan fight.. I am on an EU server IN the EU but from what I have heard the servers sit in Canada. I believe this is a major cause of people finding it SO hard to clear Titan on my server and also why our servers (titan win you can have this) are charging x2 what other servers do cos they recognise it too.

It took me quite a lot of wipes to learn the rotation.. not for dodgings sake.. but for predodging. I have to move before the warning lights..because if i am not moving i am probably gonna get hit EVEN if on my screen I am out of the aoe.

now I have learned to pre-dodge. and in 3 hours today i only legit died 3 times. but there are 7 other people who are having this problem.

Is it a server problem? is it the animations not lining up with the damage? it needs to be sorted..

Titan HM isnt that hard, its the issues surrounding it causing us grief.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelTaru View Post
    (titan win you can have this) are charging x2 what other servers do cos they recognise it too.
    Just to catch a pre-flame here.. no I do not want to pay for a win.. I just know they want double on our server lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I dunno if you are talking about the random lag spikes cause those have been affecting a lot of people lately, and I'd imagine it's because the Duty Finder servers are getting swamped with the amount of people playing and is likely the reason for the DF server expansions coming I think next week.

As far as getting hit after moving out of AOE though, it is super rare for everyone in my group, and we have some EU and JP with us on our NA/EU server.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    North American here, I live in the southwest. There are EU players in my FC that have a better ping than me and I get along in Titan just fine. While there is lag and they need to fix the goddamn latency issues, that's no reason to say "b-but the laaaag I can't win!"

You can avoid other weights by spreading out, you and your party members. Dodging one weight is a joke. Even more so with legacy controls on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post

As far as getting hit after moving out of AOE though, it is super rare for everyone in my group, and we have some EU and JP with us on our NA/EU server.
    As far as latency goes.. i mean getting hit by a plume after you have left the area.. an example of this.. if i find myself in the middle of the plume or am running the wrong way through it and taking a longer time to get out.. I know I will be hit and have enough time after clearning the AoE to toggle through my party to me (on a gamepad (on PC)) and hit cure.. before the plume goes off and i will still be hit..

If this happens on land slide which is rarer, once i have cleared it i start running toward titan because i know i am gonna be hit and fly backwards and i was to avoid falling off.

This is the latency alot of us seem to be struggling with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    It also helps immensely if someone knows the rotation and makes a macro with <se.9> or some other sound effect in it and uses it whenever Weight of the Land is the next move coming up.

As far as weights go usually if you don't know they are coming and don't move immediately you are getting hit. The best thing to do if you get caught with your pants down is to try to run towards where there is only one Weight circle as one will very likely not kill you. Even the best of us will get hit with Weight of the Land but as long as you don't freak out you can easily survive them.

Titan is a lot easier when you figure out you don't have to remember the entire rotation. You really only need to know:

After 1st jump: Weights after Tumult

2nd Jump until the post-heart: Weights after Landslide

Post-heart: Buster > Tumult > Weight alternating with Buster > Weight.

Surviving that initial series of Buster > Tumult > weight is really key in winning as the rotation is easier to follow after that, IMO. Everyone can move in for AOE heals once someone gets caught in the Gaol as there are no Weights between that and the Stomps, then move out once the stomps are finished so you don't stack Weights on top of each other.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 10-11-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    North American here, I live in the southwest. There are EU players in my FC that have a better ping than me and I get along in Titan just fine. While there is lag and they need to fix the goddamn latency issues, that's no reason to say "b-but the laaaag I can't win!"

You can avoid other weights by spreading out, you and your party members. Dodging one weight is a joke. Even more so with legacy controls on.
    you are correct it is party make up too and coordination.. and my FC is working on a static group.. but as you said the latency still exists and needs to be sorted. I certainly don't blame my losses ON latency but I believe it is a major factor
    (1)

Character
    Risae Nyan
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post

Nice to know that an MMO in the year 2013 can get away with this for you.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    you are correct it is party make up too and coordination.. and my FC is working on a static group.. but as you said the latency still exists and needs to be sorted. I certainly don't blame my losses ON latency but I believe it is a major factor
    This is really what your issue is if you are just grabbing random people even from a FC. This fight is just something you get attuned to. After our first win it became a lot easier for everyone involved, and the people that kept dying constantly are now lasting the entire fight 90% of the time. Once you get used to it everyone's reaction time just seems to get better as now even if I mess up calling out the weights we rarely have anyone get hit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Risae View Post
    Nice to know that an MMO in the year 2013 can get away with this for you.
    Where did I say that it's acceptable for SE to have the latency issues?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast