Player
    Character
    Lazy Cat
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Alts are only an option if you're a no lifer really. For the vast majority there's plenty to do every week between Coil, Capping Myth and leveling other classes.

Basically the idea of Myth cap per job is a terrible idea, it's counter intuitive to how the armory system works and will only benefit those who have much higher than average play times. I don't think it's understood that a lot of players simply don't want to have to cap any more than 300 tomes per week. Also, the HUGE problem is that you'd be restricted to farming for myth on the job that you went into the dungeon as. There's not really any way around that, it would certainly be locked to the job, if they could even implement the idea.

If you can level another character and have it ready for coil in 2 days then good for you, most people don't heave the bandwidth to do that. It's actually a perfectly fine solution if you find yourself running out of content every week. However, there's not much from stopping you doing this on your main too, at least to the point where the job is ready for T1-4. Beyond that, then yeah, it's pretty clear that we're not supposed to have multiple jobs decked out in iLvL90 gear. For the moment I'm perfectly fine with that notion.
    By your logic, they should limit how much gil we can acquire, exp we can get and items we can gather and farm per week simply because it gives people with more play time an edge over others. Right?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Malcolm Quill
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I didn't say anything of the sort my dim-witted friend. I said that tome cap per job is an awful idea, complicated to implement, counter-intuitive to the armory system, and only benefits those with a large amount of playtime.
    How would horizontal progression put other players at a disadvantage? It would only give players with more time more options of what to level, its not like you'd be at a disadvantage somehow on your main -- they'd just keep hitting the glass ceiling on each job at the same place you are, only with the pleasure of doing it repeatedly.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I didn't say anything of the sort my dim-witted friend. I said that tome cap per job is an awful idea, complicated to implement, counter-intuitive to the armory system, and only benefits those with a large amount of playtime.

You can already gear faster than other people if you have a more of playtime, it's the way MMO's are. I don't see any reason why it should be accelerated any further at this stage, when there's only 1 dungeon where ilvl90 is remotely needed (T5)! SE think this too, strangely enough!
    How exactly is it complicated to implement? Because I'm pretty sure right now, every single class has it's own pool of Experience Points that it earns and that is essentially how Myth Points per job would function. As far as being counter-intuitive to the Armory System, let me know when it's possible to run a dungeon and 'Need' on Tank gear while running it as a Healer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Myth cap per job is a terrible idea, it's counter intuitive to how the armory system works and will only benefit those who have much higher than average play times. I don't think it's understood that a lot of players simply don't want to have to cap any more than 300 tomes per week. Also, the HUGE problem is that you'd be restricted to farming for myth on the job that you went into the dungeon as.
    I don't see how farming for myth gear on the class you want to use it on is a "HUGE problem". If anything, it would add some healthy mixing up to the grind and get people to try different things. You can still greed Allagan gear that isn't for your active job, and you can still farm philos on any job. It just seems to me like you don't want anyone to be able to play more and gear more than you, which is pretty selfish. Other people putting more time into the game and gearing alternate jobs doesn't hurt you. People should be able to play how they want.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    How would horizontal progression put other players at a disadvantage?
    I said it puts those with more play time at a greater advantage, not that it explicitly disadvantages other players. It does nothing at all for those with less playtime, I repeat NOTHING AT ALL. Yet it enables those with more playtime to farm top tier gear nearly 24/7. Do you honestly not see a problem with that in terms of keeping things balanced? It would effectively create a massive gap in the middle between those with 1 job geared, and those with multiple jobs geared, which is a bad thing for the balance of the community. At the very least any change should be in favor of EVERYONE, not just the select few who have an inordinate amount of playtime.

It just seems to me like you don't want anyone to be able to play more and gear more than you, which is pretty selfish.
    I don't give any shits how much you play, and people are welcome to be online 24/7 for all I care. Wanting to be able to farm for top tier gear 24/7 is remarkably unreasonable though.

I don't see how farming for myth gear on the class you want to use it on is a "HUGE problem".
    It's a HUGE problem if people don't go into the dungeon on the job they want tomes for. There's an example in this thread of queuing on tank to earn tomes for DPS etc. Which can be done now without issue. They would simply not allow it with a per job cap, as it would effectively result in a global cap of 2700 mtyh. At the very least, if they did do a per job cap, they would need to apply a global cap over the top, something to the effect of 600 or 900 tomes. Then we get back to the discussion of this being a pain to implement properly.
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 11-12-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I have 8 characters on Sarg.
    800 leve points is nice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    it does make you choose a main class .

that might be a good idea or bad .

Have cap is great if you are tank , it means there are less good tanks around which makes you even more of a key player in the end game .
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    It enables those with more playtime to farm top tier gear nearly 24/7. Do you honestly not see a problem with that in terms of keeping things balanced? It would effectively create a massive gap in the middle between those with 1 job geared, and those with multiple jobs geared, which is a bad thing for the balance of the community. At the very least any change should be in favor of EVERYONE, not just the select few who have an inordinate amount of playtime.
    How is the game imbalanced if I can gear multiple classes by playing more just like some people already are by making extra characters anyway? Please explain. If you only want to play BRD, that's fine. I'm not gimping your BRD in any way.

I don't give any shits how much you play, and people are welcome to be online 24/7 for all I care. Wanting to be able to farm for top tier gear 24/7 is remarkably unreasonable though.
    Capping 300 myths on 9 jobs would only take me a bit over 15 hours per week.

It's a HUGE problem if people don't go into the dungeon on the job they want tomes for. There's an example in this thread of queuing on tank so earn tomes for DPS etc. Which can be done now without issue.
    Having to play the class for which you want to get myth tomes might be a minor inconvenience to a small number of people at worst, not a "HUGE problem". Exaggerating your points doesn't make them any more persuasive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gunboat Diplomat
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I think the SE idea is that casual semi-casual players can level all jobs on one character with relative ease and diehard tryhards can level up to 8 and take the extra tome caps dungeon runs and possibly +6 in primary stats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    How is the game imbalanced if I can gear multiple classes by playing more
    You can already do this with Philo's and Relic! To the point where you're ready for 99% of the games content. You simply don't need iLvl90 gear for anything but T4/5, if you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself. What you're asking for is to be able to do this MORE MORE MORE and MORE. To what end? To no end! There's actually no point in gearing faster than you can currently! Apart from beating coil and complaining that you're bored.

Having to play the class for which you want to get myth tomes might be a minor inconvenience to a small number of people at worst, not a "HUGE problem".
    Ok, so we'll inconvenience them to placate hardcores, makes sense.
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 11-12-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast