Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arik Gesi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    Interested to see what the new side quests/ story line quests are. Wonder if they would be able to work it so that if you're 50, you would get tomestones similar to what wow does with quests when you're at max exp.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Valarian Marquez
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EgweneALvere View Post
    Not to be a Negative Nancy ....
    i disagree, having options is the key here. those interested in progressing the fastest are going to find which content allows this and repeat until they achieve their goal. this further exacerbated when the only the means of progressing is by running dungeons. in this scenario, one might as well pick the best dungeon (most tombstones for least time) and rinse and repeat until you hit your limit.

what's important here is that we have options outside of the same types of content, i.e. dungeons. for those getting burnt out on dungeon grinding, this will (hopefully) offer another avenue to accrue tombstones, even if at a slower pace.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Not to be a Negative Nancy but unless the new ways of getting Mythology are on par with running WP (a.k.a takes 20 minutes) the new methods are really not going to do much to alleviate the monotony of having to run the same dungeon over and over again to hurry up and get the gear grind done for the week and if anything make it worse since the cap will be increased.
    It all depends on how much they reward for going through the roulette. This is one thing that did concern me also is that if the reward for going through roulette is not great enough, people will just go to the best dungeon to speed run and accomplish it quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the post Yoshida, but I have a major concern over how certain parts of gear progression is done. You say that crafting pieces at ilvl90 would not influence people to run raids yet however you have a system of obtaining ilvl90 gear without having to even enter Binding Coils. I feel like you contradicted your statement here. I agree there should be gear to give a nice edge when approaching the raid, but I always believe that the raid itself should always have the best gear, no exceptions, or there is no reason to go in at all in terms of wanting to progress in gear (I speak on a technical basis, not on a personal one).

If it was me, I would of set it up where ilvl70 gear is good enough to attempt earlier stages of Coils, and have had CT be the place to get ilvl80 gear to give an edge in trying to get to later stages of Coils. Honestly I think just buying the best gear should be taken out of the equation. I hope the actual AF2 drops in later stages of Coils, because while I love my AF+1 equipment, it just doesn't have that rewarding factor compared to when I get an Allagan piece.

In short, I just think the feeling of being rewarded is a bit unbalanced in this game. Currently I only find reward in accomplishing content, and not from my gear at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ritz Blitz
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KumaAkuma View Post
    Devil's Advocate:

If you can get the best gear with just myth. tomes, then what would motivate me to keep wiping in the new dungeons, after I have cleared it like once? Why should I keep playing those dungeons if there is no reward left over?
    Less grind, helping others with the dungeons, vanity (coming in 2.2), etc. Everyone has their reasons for why they would or wouldn't do the dungeon after the primary reward is gone.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Flash Silver
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    Increasing the Mythology cap isn't really a solution to me. It doesn't stop the fact that until 2.2 people who have completed Coil have literally no progression content. Challenges? Sure, but it's one and done. Why waste my time in Crystal Tower when I DON'T NEED THE GEAR TO DO COIL?

It makes no sense to me SE. Also, this Mythology system never satisfied the issue people had in 1.0. It's still all about the luck of the draw when it comes to loot, because b.i.s. pieces come in chests with a significant amount of items once a week.

I understand the desire to help boost casual motivation but at the same time you're killing end game for me significantly. I do appreciate increased methods for Mythology though.
    For fun? It's not all about gear...
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    snip
    Honestly I feel very similar. Tokens "Mythology" should have been reserved for something like ilvl 70-80 gear while Allagan tokens should have been used for Coil (and only dropped from Coil). I really hold no sentiment in my gear like I did in Darklight or relics from 1.0. Now they've become items that I use to do content, and that's it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nim Loki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    • Play through the Binding Coil of Bahamut and obtain gear from drops.
    • Collect Allagan tomestones of mythology to exchange for gear.
    Although these methods are different, each allows for the acquisition of level 90 gear.

In short, players who have ample time to play are free to collect tomestones, or challenge the Binding Coil, and those who have less time can still acquire tomestones at their leisure. Despite the difference in time available to players, the game is designed so that everyone can potentially obtain item level 90 gear.
    As others have mentioned, aside from the initial challenge of trying to kill a boss, why would anyone run coils if you're guaranteed the exact same gear from running AK/WP over and over.

I know casual gamers are where the money is, but please don't forget us old-school MMO-ers that enjoy progression!
    (2)
    Last edited by Sephirah; 11-21-2013 at 01:25 AM.

http://youtu.be/gGJPq1qmtrk - PLD Controller Tanking AK with no UI video

Player
    Character
    Eauijhkuu Yuui
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    A. Players who dislike the limit:
    -> “Once I reach the weekly cap, there's nothing else to do. If the limit was raised or removed, I would have a reason to play more.”
    B. Players who feel obligated to hit the cap
    -> “If I don't hit the weekly cap, I’ll fall behind. But having only a handful of dungeons is boring. I just want it over with fast.”
    If we were to increase the weekly limit before patch 2.1, players who fall under category B would increase significantly.
    This is good; The more options players have to be able to obtain mythologies/philosophies will decrease new player's expectations to rush through high level main storyline dungeons without being able to learn the dungeon, or enjoy the storyline cutscenes without new players being rushed for the sake of "efficiency farming".
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leadrina Lionheart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by xRitzx View Post
    Less grind, helping others with the dungeons, vanity (coming in 2.2), etc. Everyone has their reasons for why they would or wouldn't do the dungeon after the primary reward is gone.
    less grind.

depending on how much youget for one run. 1 coil clear gives you 200 already.

vanity
    running a dungeon for a feature that comes 3 months later doesnt make it a very good idea.

helping

why would for example my FC need help in crystal tower, when we progress at turn 5?

in my point of view, crystal tower seems useless. Coil can be beaten by using darklight. coil gives way better items (atleast thats what im reading about crystal tower) so why go to the dungeon that gives worse items?
    Equipping other jobs can also be done in coil. So what reason is there to go CT besides for vanity items and maybe 1 time for the story behind it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Crey
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    Not to be a Negative Nancy but unless the new ways of getting Mythology are on par with running WP (a.k.a takes 20 minutes) the new methods are really not going to do much to alleviate the monotony of having to run the same dungeon over and over again to hurry up and get the gear grind done for the week and if anything make it worse since the cap will be increased.
    SE is giving you options, it's your choice to make use of them, or just go with whatever makes you be done 5min faster than doing it through something else.

I personally know that I like being done with Myth for the week which basically takes one Coil run and 4 WPs...but if I can do other stuff to get there I'm happy to do it just for the sake of changing things up.

And idc about the whole "endgame progression" thing in 2.1 Sure CT will have inferior itemlvl gear compared to Coil...but it was supposed to be in the game at release and just didn't make it. It's not like this is gonna ruin everything. Come 2.2 the endgame progression will be as people are used to in MMORPGs. You get harder/more rewarding content with each patch. It's just one patch right now...so get over it.

PS: I personally am gonna use CT and most of the peolpe in my FC to gear up secondary classes. Since Coil loot is limited to 8 drops a week you barely get any pieces for "non main classes" unless they drop over and over again, which then will make CT gear desirable for those in the group that had no drop luck so far.
    (6)
    Last edited by TirionCrey; 11-21-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast