Player
    Character
    Evil Yuffie
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

armory system useless? Mythology Cap

Why would i level multiple classes on 1 character if im capped on mythology. its better level brand new character get gil from quests and minimal fate grinding. also get my AF2. (takes about 5 months to get AF2 for 1 class..)

so basically you got 50 with 2 characters you can only gear up 1 by mythology. while other character best he can get is Darklight. ofcourse you can get some allagan drops but lets face it. youll have to wait for extremely long time till people pass up the 90 gear for your "Alt".

in games like wow i maintained gear for 3 classes i enjoyed by doing weekly caps. 1 class is not enough for FFXIV 2 seems about right for me

please make myth cap for every 50 battle you get so they can gear up.. or most people will end up lvling 2 characters making your armory system useless (alot of people are already leveling new character for quests and will be enjoying 2x mythology per week)
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Soveia Shadowsong
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    The mythology cap is obviously temporary, the fact that it takes 5½ months to get a full set of AF2 says enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

While it might take some time to procure all of the job-specific equipment using Allagan Tomestones of Mythology, we plan on slowly easing the cost of these items as we introduce new content in the future.
    Raising the cap is a better idea, so it is more likely. There are also 2 upcoming tome sets coming, which will probably capped as well, while myth cap keeps increasing. Of course they are restricting the speed ilvl 90 gear can be acquired when you can't even get ilvl 80 gear until 2.1.
    (14)
    Last edited by Sove92; 10-10-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Scratchy Shadowtail
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 20
    To cap 3 classes it would take 28 runs a week. That's like 2 entire days out of the week just spent playing ffxiv doing AK runs.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    AK gear and DL gear are more than enough to gear up extra classes, you dont need to have multiple AF2 characters to be "geared" in this game.
    Mythology caps should remain as is.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Ryans Tardis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    What's wrong with having one class to consider your main that you spend most of your time gearing? I know it might not be for everyone, but even with all 50's I consider myself a dragoon and I spend all my points buying gear for it. Eventually I'll finish and, from a role playing stand point, be able to move on to a new class having mastered my main.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Evil Yuffie
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    so if i gear up 1 character i should just relax? do nothing after i cap my myth for week? also the point is you can bypass this cap by leveling new character and making the armory system useless. stopping people from gearing in 2.1 is just bad excuse because you can bypass that by leveling new character.

by leveling new character you can benefit the following

myth cap x2
    BCB (coil)x2
    storage/inventory x2

and future proof your character if game will stick with these silly caps per character
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Millerna Astor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    A major reason to level other classes on the same character is so you can cross-class certain very useful skills, such as THM's surecast and swiftcast on WHM, or GLD's flash on MRD ..

Don't think they ever intended people to get AF2 for every single class for now, but they will be adjusting AF2 cost and probably increase tome gains when new dungeons and hard mode dungeons are released.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    so if i gear up 1 character i should just relax? do nothing after i cap my myth for week? also the point is you can bypass this cap by leveling new character and making the armory system useless. stopping people from gearing in 2.1 is just bad excuse because you can bypass that by leveling new character.

by leveling new character you can benefit the following

myth cap x2
    BCB (coil)x2
    storage/inventory x2

and future proof your character if game will stick with these silly caps per character
    Just find something else to do with your game time, than doing the same stuff over and over.
    Level all your fighting classes, level some crafters, craft gear, go achievment hunting, level up your chocobo companion, do some levehests, dress your other characters with darklight, go tackle bahamut Coil, try to get all relics - primal weapons, try to get the rare drops from primals so you can craft decorations for your house. try to make some money, do all the sidequests, whatch the story behind them.

Housing is coming, PVP is coming, Raid tower is coming.

So much to do in this game, mythology caps should remain.
    (13)
    Last edited by Meleena; 10-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    Just find something else to do with your game time, than doing the same stuff over and over.
    Level all your fighting classes, level some crafters, craft gear, go achievment hunting, level up your chocobo companion, do some levehests, dress your other characters with darklight, go tackle bahamut Coil, try to get all relics - primal weapons, try to get the rare drops from primals so you can craft decorations for your house. try to make some money, do all the sidequests, whatch the story behind them.

Housing is coming, PVP is coming, Raid tower is coming.

So much to do in this game, mythology caps should remain.
    Your post is so completely irrelevant to the point op is trying to make
    Typical white knight response.
    The op is not complaining about lack of things to do.
    The op is complaining about how the mythology cap is dumb because
    1. it discourages using the armory to its fullest extent. Alts are gimp due to the myth cap.
    2. It can be completely bypassed anyway by having alt characters in the job that you want as your alt .
    (14)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 10-10-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    Your post is so completely irrelevant to the point op is trying to make
    Typical white knight response.
    The op is not complaining about lack of things to do.
    The op is complaining about how the mythology cap is dumb because
    1. it discourages using the armory to its fullest extent. Alts are gimp due to the myth cap.
    2. It can be completely bypassed anyway by having alt characters in the job that you want as your alt .
    My post is very relevant you just didn't read it for what it is
    Typical hater action.
    I didnt say that the OP complains abou lack of things to do.
    I said that if we dont have the cap on Mythology, then we HAVE to spend all our time in doing AK runs, THUS leaving us with absolutely 0 time to do something else.

1: Alts are not gimp due to myth cap, alts can do JUST FINE with AK and Darklight gear.
    2: I hate alts, there is 0 reason to having them, I dont wanna start the game multiple times from the begining.

Stop hating, learn to play.
    (16)

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast