(4)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    This is only on the ps3 right? My friend on the ps3 has it happen every time his camera gets zoomed in from a wall, but it hasn't happened once for me on PC
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hikozaemon Kenkonken
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

There have been a lot of requests and feedback related to the Legacy camera/control settings, especially regarding the way the camera functions, and User Interface lead Hiroshi Minagawa has an update to share.
    then stop making tiny ass maps w/ bosses on them where we get totally disorientated trying to zoom-out/in ? i swear trying to fight ADS in coil 1 and ADS in coil 2 is only hard because of the minuscule area we got to work in and the crappy camera angles that completely blind us. Infact i remember Yoshi mentioning to players that they need to zoom out more when fighting titan... we'll make so we can zoom out more because im always at max and its not enough sometimes.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Kari Arisu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

There have been a lot of requests and feedback related to the Legacy camera/control settings, especially regarding the way the camera functions, and User Interface lead Hiroshi Minagawa has an update to share.
    Why does XIV have so many issues that other MMOs seemingly don't? Every time something new comes as a possibility, we can't do it because of server stress, client stress, etc. Yet, other modern MMOs do it without a worry and run fine.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KariArisu View Post
    Why does XIV have so many issues that other MMOs seemingly don't? Every time something new comes as a possibility, we can't do it because of server stress, client stress, etc. Yet, other modern MMOs do it without a worry and run fine.
    Totally agree, been saying this since launch but everyone seemed to just ignore me or flat out say I was wrong, or that if they did things the way other MMO's did it, it'd be a "WoW clone". You'll probably get flamed for your comment, but just know there are people who agree.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zikh Ellerimus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I agree it really is a huge problem. Most of the time when tanking I have to keep zooming out nonstop. Only reason I avoid some instances completely because the camera doesn't work properly in them. Dzemael Darkhold comes into mind being one of the worst.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KariArisu View Post
    I would really like to to know this as well. But I think we all pretty much have a good idea of the main problem: the PS3 version.

The horrible looking dithered transparencies already in place screams memory limitations. The corners they are having to cut to support this version are starting to become very apparent.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I think we should have an option to Pin the camera in place and it will turn as needed. Reminescent of PS1 era Square Titles and other RPGs

It wouldn't have to be everywhere. But coding the camera to pin to aetherytes, certain landmarks when in proximity, or for certain battlefields like primal fights.

It would be a camera effect happening not so rarely but so commonly. And it would give that cinematic feeling that the PS1 titles had. The standard MMO camera type trailing the character doesn't really show off the beauty of the world and is quite frustrating in some enclosed spaces.

It would also be quite nostalgic to get some camera pinning at unusual or high up angles reminiscent of how the camera was fixed in older RPGs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evangela Monterossa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    It returns to the original settings after you came off the wall.

and I don't want this auto-zoom to be removed. I use it to take many cool screenshots of my character but it's ok if it's gonna be an option to auto-zoom or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucky Lovelux
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If they can't enable transparency, how about clipping? They already recognized how tight quarters it is, and having your camera bob in and out within seconds is going to be annoying, and you will be inclined to reposition each time. I just want to be zoomed out all the time. Clip the walls, I don't care if they are invisible.
    (1)
    You only YOLO Once
    Check out my FFXIV Blog here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2280915/blog/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast