Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Useful "Flex Macros" to Improve Performance!

Hey, everyone, I just wanted to share some flexibility macros that may help general performance and some information on how they may help, so hopefully you can find something of use here. (Would appreciate comments to help it stay afloat for other players' uses as well!)

Flex-Macro: Since I've had a lot of people asking, a Flex-Macro is a macro that can perform in a flexible way. For instance you can use it as a mouse over, or target specific action, or target your self or the target of target. while they may have a slight learning curve to use, they can increase your effectiveness.

Flexible Healing Macro:
    /macro icon "cure"
    /ac "cure" <mo>
    /ac "cure" <t>
    /ac "cure" <me>
    Description: This works with any single target support ability, this allows you to use your spells as mouse-overs so you can heal party members quickly by using the action while highlighting either the player or their name in the party frame. Additionally, if you wish to simply cure your target, it will cure your target while not highlighting another player. If no other targets are "legal" it will default to healing yourself such as a non-macroed heal would.
    Flexible Healer Offensive Macro:
    /macro icon "Virus"
    /ac "Virus" <mo>
    /ac "Virus" <t>
    /ac "Virus" <tt>
    Description: Simply put, any offensive ability (but especially Virus) will trigger on a mouse over target (Which works on the threat table), if you're not highlighting an enemy specifically it will attack your target. If you're on your main healing target it will attack their target instead. This is useful for quickly applying Virus on bosses without changing targets.
    Flexible Offensive Macro:
    /macro icon "Provoke"
    /ac "Provoke" <mo>
    /ac "Provoke" <tt>
    /ac "Provoke" <t>
    Description: This macro is useful for a few reasons (but not as necessary as healing ones). This allows you to spot attack other enemies by mousing over the threat table and using the ability. This allows you to do things like attack or provoke enemies without shifting through the targets. Additionally this allows you to attack everything your tank or another party member is attacking simply by using your attack while targeting them (lets you be lazy). Otherwise it simply defaults to attacking your current target.
    (THM) Flexible Aetherial Manipulation Macro *
    /macro icon "Aetherial Manipulation"
    /ac "Aetherial Manipulation" <mo>
    /ac "Aetherial Manipulation" <t>
    /ac "Aetherial Manipulation" <circle>
    Description: This is a useful BLK macro that will allow you to make better use of Aetherial Manipulation by having the ability to mouse over to use the spell, or simply target. But a new function; you can designate another party member before fights as circle, and without a friendly target highlighted or targeted using the ability will cast to your designated ally.
    (ARC) Flexible Blunt Arrow Macro *
    /macro icon "Blunt Arrow"
    /ac "Blunt Arrow" <cross>
    /ac "Blunt Arrow" <mo>
    /ac "Blunt Arrow" <t>
    /ac "Blunt Arrow" <tt>
    Description: This is a helpful macro for cases such as ADS where you have to silence an enemy while there are adds. By marking an enemy with a Cross, you can effectively attack any target you'd like and Blunt arrow will attack your designated enemy. Additionally you can mouse over if you do not wish to use a designated enemy marking. Otherwise it will use it on your target or target of target (to keep it consistent with your other damage dealing macros). Of course target of target line is completely optional.
    (ACN) Flexible Eye for an Eye Macro *
    /macro icon "Eye for an Eye"
    /ac "Eye for an Eye" <mo>
    /ac "Eye for an Eye" <t>
    /ac "Eye for an Eye" <tt>
    Description: This macro is so you can use eye for an eye on your tanks and be useful without slowing your dps by swapping targets. It will first allow you to mouse over for more precise usage, but will also use on your target. However, on the fly you can use it on the tank via the target of target functionality.
    (PLD) Flexible Cover Macro *
    /macro icon "Cover"
    /ac "Cover" <mo>
    /ac "Cover" <t>
    /ac "Cover" <tt>
    Description: This Cover macro allows for stift covering while not losing your primary target, and thus; makes protecting allies quicker. It still retains its ability to be targeted, but like Eye for an Eye, it has target of target functionality. The reason I posted this separately is because I feel it deserves a highlight that; this can allow for quick protecting of a friendly player if someone pulls threat from your target, no retargeting or mousing over is needed, using it will simply cover the player who had pulled agro, as they would be the mobs new target.
    If you have any questions just ask here. I hope it helps!
    (10)
    Last edited by RonPierce; 10-08-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cadell Owain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 30
    My eye macro:

/macroicon "Eye for an Eye"
    /ac "Physick" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Eye for an Eye" <t>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isseth Shadowheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Focus-Target Flexible Healing Macro
    /micon "Cure"
    /ac "Cure" <mo>
    /ac "Cure" <f>
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    /ac "Cure" <me>

Description: Modified version from above that heals your mouse-over target, your focus-target (your tank, usually. you can select your focus target using Shift+f (on PC)) so that if you have the mob targeted for any sort of debuff/damage, your heal spell will default to healing your focus-target (tank).

Love finding new macros to help with ability flexibility!
    (1)
    Last edited by Isseth_Shadowheart; 10-08-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Isseth_Shadowheart View Post
    /ac "Cure" <mo>
    /ac "Cure" <f>
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    /ac "Cure" <me>

Description: Modified version from above that heals your mouse-over target, your focus-target (your tank, usually. you can select your focus target using Shift+f (on PC)) so that if you have the mob targeted for any sort of debuff/damage, your heal spell will default to healing your focus-target (tank)
    Good point. An appropriately placed <f> line will allow you to do similar functionality with a focus target (it's not my preferred method, however it is definitely very suitable for some players).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleema Belaris
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 57
    Thank you!!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    You're very welcome I hope it has been helpful!
    (0)