Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amador Keep

Character
    Kyuyuna Shadowsun
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    yup, I managed to kill wall with one dps. We were on the poison on the last push and wall died. (first dps died by second push, got thrown to the bottom)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fei Fenris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabBear View Post
    You can't get your grand company weapon until you finish this dungeon at least once I believe. I think its needed for the last promotion of your grand company. You are not being carried if you have ilvl 50 gear as long as you pay attention and know what you're doing. You're only being carried if you AFK for the dungeon or are dead for the boss fights.
    Not having the necessary dps that others (healer, tank and dps) have to double their workload due to your low damage is -also- what it means to be being carried. Players need to stop being lazy and acquire the necessary pieces. I hate going into groups where people have subpar gear or even have level 35 gear at level 50, and I have to go all out to simply get us through at a decent pace. Seems a bit selfish to me.
    (0)
    Are you an internet e-thug?

I laugh cause you fake. CX

Player
    Character
    Onji Temjin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Other people have already said it. The better gear is just to make the run go smoother. Better weapons to make it go faster and higher def/hp for everyone so you have a larger margin of error. That said, if you roll in there with ilvl 30 gear because you lvl'd to 50 and gave no thought to your gear, you will likely eat dirt.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Anakhu Dalmasca
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    You do NOT need a single piece of darklight for AK. Ampadors is a requirement to gain access to the lvl 50 GC gear, if it was REQUIRED to have any sort of IL70 gear in there.. why the hell would it be a requirement for lvl 50 GC stuff... Ampadors drops IL60 items, so again why the hell would you be REQUIRED to have on IL70 gears. It is just people want to run as fast as possible.. so to those guys, form a party stay the hell out of DF search if your going to cry. The only things currently that REQUIRE some darklight is Titan , and soon to be crystal towers. The crystal tower should end up dropping IL80 , which is what should be used on Coil. However, currently coil is being ran with relic +1, IL 70+IL90 mix due to a lack of IL80 drops.

just to add, i am not saying it is alright to go in there with lvl 30 stuff on. That is a legit thing to gripe about. But if a guy come in with an IL55 or 60 weapon. lvl 45+ gears and jewelry, I'm not going to moan about it to him. I will wish him luck on getting some good drops from the AK run.
    (2)
    Last edited by Anakhu; 10-09-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Amyas Leigh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post

If the whole party is not geared and there is someone who continually drops the ball then yeah you are not going to succeed.
    Pretty much this. Had a Bard that was new to the dungeon with nothing but af, lvl 45 pink bow, some lvl 30 jewelry and we stomped everything first try (other than last boss :P), in fact, I was the one who wiped the party at the last boss because the zombie-dog-dragon thing wanted to move to the other side of the statue xD

In other words, if you're gonna go new and undergeared, do a bit of research on bosses and you should be fine if you roll with experienced people.

Quote Originally Posted by tyniwins View Post
    See that's where I'm at. I nought a second champions lance to work with until I get there but everyone mentionsneeding the level 50 GC weapon but that requires finishing AK.
    I recommend Wanderer's Palace just to ease into the lvl 50 dungeons if you haven't already, its interesting and fairly easy to gear up with a DL wep (equivalent stat wise compared to lvl 50 GC wep) and some ilvl 55 gear just for funsies. That said, its not really necessary especially if you get three others that have ran AK a lot, plus the armor drops there will instantly outdate any WP stuff you get :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Amyas; 10-09-2013 at 02:12 AM.

6. 10-09-2013 02:19 AM

Player
    Character
    Kienan Vates
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Ak can be done in AF, with good accessories (not even hq) and either the GC weapon or irritating if you have it.

Those looking for full DL or better and relic +1 are looking to burn it down as fast as possible, but that gear is not required.
    (0)
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Keyser Soze

Player
    Character
    Sean Highlander
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You need to know your job and its capabilities. I have ran with undergeared people who did not have their correct rotation down. We couldn't kill the first boss' adds before another add came out.

Then again, I have ran with other undergeared people, who knew their rotations and could complete the entire instance.

Buy cheap level 50 accessories, a cheap level 50 weapon, and, you should be set! After your first AK, buy your GC weapon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Goten Shadowkeeper
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakhu View Post
    You do NOT need a single piece of darklight for AK. Ampadors is a requirement to gain access to the lvl 50 GC gear, if it was REQUIRED to have any sort of IL70 gear in there.. why the hell would it be a requirement for lvl 50 GC stuff... Ampadors drops IL60 items, so again why the hell would you be REQUIRED to have on IL70 gears.

Because ppl are supposed to gear themselves at WP before getting into AK, but most ppl just skip that dungeon and get into AK. The problem is that a full group of people with only AF1 armor and a lv 44 GC weapon will NOT get the 2nd boss down. Yes, I have been in a group of 3 other ppl with AF1 and lv 44 weapon and I was the healer in group. We can't even get down the 1st boss because the add spawn faster than the dps can kill the first one.

So, you are being carried if you are having those equipment to get into AK. So, either you go to WP gear up, or just skip WP and have a couple CM run to gear yourself with Darklight, and get a Lv 55 green High Quality weapon from market place. It cost around 10000 gil only.

FYI. AK give lv 60 armor, WP gives lv 50 armor. People are SUPPOSED to gear themselves in WP first before getting into AK. Because you need those gears to get the 2nd boss down in AK.
    (0)
    Last edited by SDUGotenEU; 10-09-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nillo Grand
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Having good gear and relic helps for speed runs, though I would say that most players aren't as picky on my server about it considering that it would likely take the same amount of time or longer looking for well-geared/relic/relic +1 party than the amount of time it would take to just finish AK with decently geared players.
    (1)

Character
    Arya Stark
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by tyniwins View Post
    With the billion of searches that come up for Amador I just want to know of there is really a gear check for this instance or are people just wanting gear checks form speed runs? Thanks
    Anyone that says there is no gear check and that "you can do it in AF and gray/white quality gear/weapons", did so by being carried by people that overgear it.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast