I posted something similar into the DoL forums about how I think it would be interesting if DoL classes could participate in their own versions of FATEs. Along those lines, I'd like to propose that DoH get the same treatment.

Instead of mindlessly creating items that seemingly have no purpose or using up all your precious leve allowances, you could do DoH FATEs. These FATEs would most likely always take place in a town or a small encampment of sorts and the FATE's level would correspond to the leves that are available in the zone.

Upon completion of the FATE, the player can gain an item(s) that would be beneficial to their current class. Ores, cloths, etc.

As for ideas, I'll present some:

Warm Beds for Weary Heads
DoH Classes: Weaver, Carpenter, Blacksmith
Story: For the fear of an impending snowstorm, the locals have asked local craftsmen for the aid in crafting warm beds for the residents and any wanderers who get stuck in the storm.
Objectives: Craft woolen blankets, wooden frames, or steel rivets and bolts.

Unexpected Guests
DoH Classes: Goldsmith, Weaver,
Story: The Courtesans of Costa De Sol have received news that they are to expect a guest of great influence. They have asked for nearby adventurers to offer their aid in creating spectacular clothing and accessories.
Objectives: Create extravagant jewelry or clothing.