Player
    Character
    Yoohree Reborn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70

whats the point of crafting...

if most gear crafters can make are sold in NPCs?

are this only there while the crafting community blossoms? since there would not be gear at launch because crafters were leveling too and will be removed in a future patch?

or are they there to hard cap prices on the markets?

there is no incentive for me to craft low level stuff because sometimes mats add up to be more expensive than NPC value.
    (7)
    Last edited by Yoohre_WildRiver; 10-12-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    HeavensWard theme song lyrics:

- "We can [Stance]dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    Cause your friends don't [Stance]dance
    And if they don't [Stance]dance
    Well they're no friends of mine"

Player
    Character
    Casper Theghost
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50
    Cry me a (wild)River
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Neo Anderson
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Lvl 70 crafter gear is way better than npc i70 gear. I will say they are i80 gear. Crafting gear is very good for your second job since you can't get full!90 for your main job even in half year. Crafting gear also looks better. I think current design is very good balance between crafting and battle reward. Don't forgot housing system, they are coming.
    (2)
    Last edited by neoreturn; 10-09-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mithras Invictus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The point of crafting is the manufacturing of high quality items, and the melding of materia into them. There's not much value in regular quality goods, and one will often fail to break even unless they can confidently HQ items and sell them on the markets. One can of course gather the raw materials to cut overhead to nil, but the sheer volume of regular quality items causes their worth to be of little concern. It's all about the HQ.

The materia market also wouldn't exist without crafters to make the gear that you spiritbond and convert. The lack of an ability to re-sell gear once it has been used creates a perpetual demand that needs to be filled. And you won't be getting any free gear for your second class after you're done all of your quests.
    (7)
    Last edited by MithrasInvictus; 10-09-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bustaballs Bbot
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    It's often much easier and cheaper to make your own items. You also can't get HQs from quests or NPCs. That's the point.

If you'd rather dish out tons of gil for your own items, go for it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nanaa Mihgo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    as was said earlier.. Ilv 70 gear (armor in particular) is incredibly good and much better compared to DL. I have a whole set of this and my monk in parties sits at ~4500hp, 510 accuracy (way over the cap..) 500 Crit, 305 determination, ect ect.. Darklight doesnt come close. I even got my first drop from coil today.. an earring (ilv 90).. and its a tough choice compared to my ilv 70 rose gold earring.. Lose 150hp for 4 strength?

Crystal tower will likely however render it useless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aizu Varenshutain
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laryndra View Post
    as was said earlier.. Ilv 70 gear (armor in particular) is incredibly good and much better compared to DL. I have a whole set of this and my monk in parties sits at ~4500hp, 510 accuracy (way over the cap..) 500 Crit, 305 determination, ect ect.. Darklight doesnt come close. I even got my first drop from coil today.. an earring (ilv 90).. and its a tough choice compared to my ilv 70 rose gold earring.. Lose 150hp for 4 strength?

Crystal tower will likely however render it useless.
    I don't think CT will make it useless. Materia just makes certain items especially jewelry best in slot at the moment for everyone besides tank end gear raiding. If anything it may destroy vanya/darksteel but I don't think accessories will be out-done until they input the new ilvl80 jewelry.

You can cook food. That is what crafting is used for.
    (0)
    "Only the victors are allowed to live. This world is merciless like that."-Mikasa Ackerman
    "Wouldn't it be good to forget everything even if it's just for tonight? Indulge in pleasure...breathe a sweet poison deep into your lungs."
    "Hatred and sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is turn them into strength and use that strength to move forward." ~Sebastian Michaelis

Player
    Character
    Varsir Ishtear
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    HQ items have to same stats as a Pink grade gear. So if you ever want to lvl an alt via dungeon instead of fate grinding, and not want to run the same dungeon over and over for better gear, then HQ gears is a good alternative.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Phonz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    If you want to have gil, you need a crafting class.

Right now there is a certain amount of gil in the game and high level crafters take full advantage.

The more crafting classes you have at 50, and the more materia melded to your crafting gear for those classes, the more opportunities you have to corner markets on your server and increase your cash flow. Having 3 DoHs at 50 allows me to scroll the market for NQ items that are cheap, make HQ items out of them, and then resell on the AH for a good profit.

EG, on my server making 1 piece of FELT costs about ~1200-1500gil (including shards). The HQ felts sell for about 4k in stacks and 5-6k individually. After fees that ranges between 2.5k-4.5k profit on EACH FELT. this is just a small example, as when you can no longer corner a market, having access to other DoH's gives you the ability to transition and corner another market.

Character
    Palamecia Dalmasca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    even iLevel 70 materia melded gear will be trumped by iLevel 80 gear from Crystal Tower

furthermore as the weeks accumulate and players start outfitting in AF2 or iLevel 90 gear the value of crafting is just going to continue to nosedive.

45k for a peacock ore? sure! I'll make money off crafters as much as possible while they don't realize these facts.
    (1)

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast