Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    reading all of yoshi-p's posts today i cannot help but love this man lol
    (9)

Latest Video: The ill FATE of a Ninja https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVZ-biCMpg

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The bind on equip material from the highest level dungeons would still entail that working towards a goal by fighting the biggest battles theme while also giving crafters a place in end game, because save for a few cases, currently there aren't any. Add to that Yoshi-P is that end game armor is fairly generic looking and undyeable. Many players go ilvl70 crafted for the looks, and the ability to dye said armor so they can be, even slightly, more unique then the next 5 x class you see in exactly the same armor with the same relic weapon set up. I implore you to think of ways to bring crafters to end game in their own way. Make it bind on acquire so it avoids RMT, while also giving us some kind of higher purpose to work towards. If ilvl90 crafting was incredibly tough and required Binding Coil of Bahamut 'materials' to craft, then that would be just fine in my opinion. It would be an alternative, longer goal to getting the random drops in coil (medium difficulty) and the relic armor/set (easy difficulty) while giving crafters a true place in this game. I feel like our role only lasts to a certain point. Wheres the crafting FATE's? Why cant we do city-state missions to build airships or help repair halmets? I get that battle classes are supposed to have a more driving purpose, but cmon, giving a craft it's own unique class and not building on that is no bueno. :/
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulan View Post

I would say the situation is less like being second class citizens, and more like coming to an amusement park and saying the food is bad. Sure, there's food, but it's just something to do between rides. And let's face it, our food isn't really even that bad - tastes good - just not very filling. Okay, I'm going to let that metaphor die now.

"food" denotes a necessity to ensure that attendees keep enjoying the content of the rides and ensures their attendance to the park. This is not the case with crafting at all (Culinarian maybe, the others?). The crafting system is going to suffer that fate of being put by the wayside as the game progresses and the in demand items get further and further away(Like almost every other mmo to date) while everyone and their mother demand the whole game is crammed into dungeons.

I honestly see Blacksmiths getting the worst of it, as Weapons are a common dungeon award, ensuring that they will always be reduced to obsolete gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    snip
    I find it strange that crafters are hobbled in terms of gameplay progression because of the inability to control economic dishonesty, and the "need to keep demand on the AH low", while there are group selling dungeon and primal clears with impunity! Or is that the true economy of this game?
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Albiora Zedelweiss
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Bad news for crafters, ilvl dungeon items stay one step beyond of crafting mats, worst thing ever seen in a MMO because they have money to combat against RMT but they don't want to spend money making a decent hack shield.So just put a bind for the special allagan material in coil and give us the chance for create a competitive economy.

Imo Yoshi-P has failing in the direction that combat and dungeon have more priority, i hope they could change in futures patches; end game gears always have to be crafted with epic recipes to obtain a dedicated a grateful reward after months
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Torquil Ratherdashing
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Make the material drops in coil and subsequent result unreadable and have a system where you can offer the material to crafter without actually trading it like you can with melding catalysts.

You're still essentially getting untradable drops but you're now involving crafters.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Seriy Anaplian
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Why not simply have a request crafting for certain Items that drop. I.e you cant trade the item but if you have all the mats for said item to be crafted you request for it and put up a reward kinda like the repair system.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Aramil Souldrifter
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    As long as crafting gear stays relevant and it has a place for say leveling content or to fill in the gaps for dungeon gear. I still think the cost of mats from tomes needs to be adjusted so more in line with acquiring darklight gear. With full melding most of the iLvL 70 gear appears to be better than DL. So I can understand it should require more tomes due to higher potential, but I think cost is to high for mats required. Especially since to reach full potential requires materia melding which in itself will an additional cost and time.
    (7)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    If the same items were made craftable, some players might find it easier to save up their gil, robbing them of this motivation to undertake the game’s toughest battles.
    The problem with this logic is the simple fact that most people would be buying/making this gear in order to make it easier for them to participate in the game's toughest battles... not to skip doing them entirely.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Hoobala Boobala
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    While I can accept that they don't want us crafters making tradeable gear that equivalent to the best dungeon drops, can we at least have the option to make non-tradeable i90/i80 gear that binds on craft for ourselves? Even if the material for said recipes drops from Coil and CT, I would like my gear to reflect the fact that I have all disciples of hand at 50. Having gear made and signed by myself would achieve this, but at the moment I have to limit myself to i70 gear to wear my own crafted gear...

(and at a much higher cost than simply buying the darklights sets but thats another complaint entirely)
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Fyeya Herald
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I personally just want to see some sort of crafting mastery system implemented that forces players to, for the highest tier of crafts, only be able to do one profession.

Because currently, on my server, the players who have all crafting professions maxed have absolutely invalidated the markets and competition. There needs to be some forced interaction between crafters to make the community and markets actually function.
    (10)

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast